• main_gi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 31
08 Jun 2013 23:57 #1
Anyone recall these?
I know I didn't make them.
> Ice mountain level with 3 gems.
> Big level that resembled Learning to Roll, but... just had lots of challenges between the middle part.
> A level that talked about the Marble's life. It broke the 100 gem count. Maybe speedran by Imperial. I got under 2 minutes.
> Big level that started with a red curve. Had lots of nooks and crannies.
> Small level that took Learning to Roll and screwed it up by making it at least moderately hard.
> A level with interiors completely blocked out by space. Felt like a Halloween theme level.
> Pitch black level with 15 gems and a tube.
> 1 gravity level. In space.
> A level (probably Old CLA) with a skyscraper at first and them a lot of space after, making a U-Turn. Colors purple.
> A park level that was big. Had a lot of gems, and a part with a huge slope. One part had you jumping inside a large pipe, the other way around.
> Level that ended with a huge area with the sky edited red.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
09 Jun 2013 02:54 #2
Jun 8, 2013, 4:57pm, maingi wrote:

Doom?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
09 Jun 2013 08:17 #3
Quote:> A park level that was big. Had a lot of gems, and a part with a huge slope. One part had you jumping inside a large pipe, the other way around.

A Walk In The Park.

Quote:> Big level that started with a red curve. Had lots of nooks and crannies.

Spaghetti?

Quote:> Big level that resembled Learning to Roll, but... just had lots of challenges between the middle part.
> A level that talked about the Marble's life. It broke the 100 gem count. Maybe speedran by Imperial. I got under 2 minutes.
> Small level that took Learning to Roll and screwed it up by making it at least moderately hard.
I have a few suspects, some I swear I know exactly which ones you mean but I do not remember the exact name (or any part of the name). Will hunt around tomorrow if I remember.

The rest are a bit more difficult and if you have any other info it would be awesome.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
09 Jun 2013 23:50 #4
Quote:
Jun 9, 2013, 1:17am, admin wrote:
Quote:> A park level that was big. Had a lot of gems, and a part with a huge slope. One part had you jumping inside a large pipe, the other way around.

A Walk In The Park.

Yup. Can't believe how I forgot that one's name, I was looking for the download link for quite a while years ago.

Quote:Spaghetti?

Nope, sorry. It curved right, with a large red curve (not a small tightrope ish red curve) and had a wall at the beginning.

Quote:> Big level that resembled Learning to Roll, but... just had lots of challenges between the middle part.
I have a few suspects, some I swear I know exactly which ones you mean but I do not remember the exact name (or any part of the name). Will hunt around tomorrow if I remember.

The rest are a bit more difficult and if you have any other info it would be awesome.
Well, the small level of Learning to Roll had the end point completely out of thought and sight...

The only reason I remember these is because instead of my brain playing them in an MBP sky, it plays them in an MBG sky.
I can probably play my own mods in my brain.

• Thank you received: 57
10 Jun 2013 09:12 #5
Jun 8, 2013, 4:57pm, maingi wrote:

Ice Run? Dunno if that counts as a mountain.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
10 Jun 2013 10:57 #6
Okay, since I assume the park/nooks levels are correct, I tackled the rest:

Marble Timeline by Kurt. Level desc: Explore the Marble's Life. It had 99 gems in it, not 100.

Ender's Level by Bodie. I'm guessing that one because well, space and gravity being the keywords.

Other possibilities which may or may not be what you want, but they contain the gravity code (they're all MBG except last one):
The Dark Side of the Moon by Lonestar
Dr. evils gravity space zone by Luke
Enterprise by Pablo
Falling Up! by Robot-Marble
Gravity Experiments by Whirligig
Level Competition 2: Gravity Shortcuts by Ian
Marblaxia\'s Rocket (Part 1) by Henry
The Moon by Lonestar
Jupiter by Ian (MBP)

No level containig 15 gems and is a pitch black level exists.
Need more info.

> Big level that resembled Learning to Roll, but... just had lots of challenges between the middle part.
A few choices here:
Escape: Learning to Roll by smellysock
Learning to Roll: The Hard Way! by Golden Marble
Mega Pipe.mis (has learning to roll interior and a lot of other stuff, didn't play so I'm throwing it out here)
Learning to Roll... or not. by Lonestar
Bumper hitting by Matthew

Nearly impossible to find out because ice and mountain is so messed up together and you can't tell me if MBG or MBP or anything else about it.

> A level with interiors completely blocked out by space. Felt like a Halloween theme level.
? can you say more info. There are quite a few levels of blocking stuff with space but halloween level feeling doesn't narrow it down.

> A level (probably Old CLA) with a skyscraper at first and them a lot of space after, making a U-Turn. Colors purple.
Too many levels to count. The color purple could be completely wrong as well. Need more info to narrow down.

Need more info.

Meanwhile since your memory got the 99/100 gems level wrong, I went ahead and searched into all levels containing 99+ levels.

Levels with 99 gems:
Space Ramp Madness II: The Revenge! by Nikko (MBP)
Dive to Dooooooom!!!!! by Wyatt & Totodile (MBP)
Marble Timeline by Kurt (MBG)
Speed Demon by marbleman (MBG)
#4 Mission Impossible by Keman (MBG)

Levels with 100 or more gems:
Catch That Marble by Henry (100 gems - MBG)
Lumberjack by Robot-Marble (105 gems - MBG)
Core by Henry (184 gems - MBP)
Jump, jump, jump, JUMP, to the moon! by Andrew Patterson (200 gems - MBG)
Luke's level 6 by Luke (240 gems - MBG)

And first place goes to:

A CHEVY LEVEL - BY KURT by Kurt (1091 gems - MBG)
... what the crap.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
10 Jun 2013 12:07 #7
Jun 10, 2013, 3:57am, admin wrote:Okay, since I assume the park/nooks levels are correct, I tackled the rest:

Marble Timeline by Kurt. Level desc: Explore the Marble's Life. It had 99 gems in it, not 100.
Correct.

Ender's Level by Bodie. I'm guessing that one because well, space and gravity being the keywords.

Other possibilities which may or may not be what you want, but they contain the gravity code (they're all MBG except last one):
The Dark Side of the Moon by Lonestar
Dr. evils gravity space zone by Luke
Enterprise by Pablo
Falling Up! by Robot-Marble
Gravity Experiments by Whirligig
Level Competition 2: Gravity Shortcuts by Ian
Marblaxia\'s Rocket (Part 1) by Henry
The Moon by Lonestar
Jupiter by Ian (MBP)

Code:> Pitch black level with 15 gems and a tube.
No level containig 15 gems and is a pitch black level exists.
Need more info.
The only light visible is your marble effect light? Tube is narrow and uses the MBG Blue scaled, probably 0.5 1 4... to get to the end.

A few choices here:
Escape: Learning to Roll by smellysock
Learning to Roll: The Hard Way! by Golden Marble
Mega Pipe.mis (has learning to roll interior and a lot of other stuff, didn't play so I'm throwing it out here)
Learning to Roll... or not. by Lonestar
Bumper hitting by Matthew

Quote:> Ice mountain level with 3 gems.
Nearly impossible to find out because ice and mountain is so messed up together and you can't tell me if MBG or MBP or anything else about it.
Hut at the top. This is the only one where I'm not sure if I made the three gems. I may have used another .dif.
...I checked Orbz. This is probably another arrangement of .difs from me.

Quote:> A level with interiors completely blocked out by space. Felt like a Halloween theme level.
? can you say more info. There are quite a few levels of blocking stuff with space but halloween level feeling doesn't narrow it down.
The narration felt like the marble would never pass these and it felt like a level in a sort of series.

Quote:> A level (probably Old CLA) with a skyscraper at first and them a lot of space after, making a U-Turn. Colors purple.
Too many levels to count. The color purple could be completely wrong as well. Need more info to narrow down.
It brought you straight, with skyscraper graphics that were sideways, blue and purple. Sky was pretty dark (or was it interiors blocking the sky?) and perhaps meant to give a space look. The U-Turn lead to an entrance in the wall, heading left relative to the spawn.

Quote:> Level that ended with a huge area with the sky edited red.
Need more info.
The level before that was hidden in black space interiors, being narrow and giving room to challenges if need be.

Meanwhile since your memory got the 99/100 gems level wrong, I went ahead and searched into all levels containing 99+ levels.

Levels with 99 gems:
Space Ramp Madness II: The Revenge! by Nikko (MBP)
Dive to Dooooooom!!!!! by Wyatt & Totodile (MBP)
Marble Timeline by Kurt (MBG)
Speed Demon by marbleman (MBG)
#4 Mission Impossible by Keman (MBG)

Levels with 100 or more gems:
Catch That Marble by Henry (100 gems - MBG)
Lumberjack by Robot-Marble (105 gems - MBG)
Core by Henry (184 gems - MBP)
Jump, jump, jump, JUMP, to the moon! by Andrew Patterson (200 gems - MBG)
Luke's level 6 by Luke (240 gems - MBG)

(The sole premise of me using TubeTwist's up to 24 numbers as replacement files. Except, you know, the missing '0.png'.

And first place goes to:

A CHEVY LEVEL - BY KURT by Kurt (1091 gems - MBG)
... what the crap.

Hopefully you don't get so many gems at a time it breaks your sound card.

To clear out some, I'm going to download Orbz and any other old Torque Game Engine games to see if I can take up the .difs.
> Wouldn't you know it. I go on Orbz screenshots and immediately see the .dif I used for Advanced Level 2(?).
static.garagegames.com/static/pg/....hot_orbz_10.jpg

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
10 Jun 2013 22:22 #8
Quote:Hut at the top. This is the only one where I'm not sure if I made the three gems. I may have used another .dif.

King of the Iceberg by Otto?

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
10 Jun 2013 23:24 #9
Jun 10, 2013, 3:22pm, perishingflames wrote:
Quote:Hut at the top. This is the only one where I'm not sure if I made the three gems. I may have used another .dif.

King of the Iceberg by Otto?

It would help if you gave me a download link, since the pictures don't work and in the topic, there isn't any link to begin with.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
11 Jun 2013 02:14 #10
It has no gems and is roughly 7 seconds long.

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
11 Jun 2013 02:22 #11
Jun 10, 2013, 7:14pm, admin wrote:It has no gems and is roughly 7 seconds long.
Which would mean it's not it. Then again, one of the (re)discoveries I made in Orbz .difs prove I already know that is my arrangement of .difs.

The level is also around 1 minute along.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
11 Jun 2013 03:57 #12
wait so it's an Orbz interiors' based level?

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
11 Jun 2013 13:29 #13
Jun 10, 2013, 8:57pm, admin wrote:wait so it's an Orbz interiors' based level?
Yes. Again, I had no idea how to make a .dif and the time I tried I got a lot of errors, so I just downloaded every Torque Game Engine game to leech the .difs.

I'm sure I'll have a grand time with MBF's .difs apparently made for people who can't create them.
I was using the MBP orange, greens and browns (1x1) and especially water 20x20 anyway.

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
11 Jun 2013 21:03 #14
Quote:
Pitch black level with 15 gems and a tube.

Sewer? Mostly pitch black, but not enough gems. Only one I could think of.

• main_gi
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
11 Jun 2013 21:36 #15
Jun 11, 2013, 2:03pm, Promarbler bananas wrote:
Quote:
Pitch black level with 15 gems and a tube.

Sewer? Mostly pitch black, but not enough gems. Only one I could think of.

Probably, because my gems count is always a mix-up. I thought my MBB Intermediate OLD level 16 had 2 gems, but it probably doesn't.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.041 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.