file Marble Blast Portable

• Aether
  • Aether's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
12 Aug 2011 06:49 #31
Aug 11, 2011, 11:45pm, techwarrior wrote:Ok well, how do you change an image into an icon?
There's lots of ways. I personally use Paint.NET with the Icon extension. But so you don't have to toy around, www.mediafire.com/?ned51c1ijaip5a2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
12 Aug 2011 09:33 #32
Revived and George's Mini Mod would DEFINITELY have to be put in regardless. They are too good to pass up.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
12 Aug 2011 15:43 #33
Probably Elite as well (if it ever gets released)

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
13 Aug 2011 02:54 #34
Aug 12, 2011, 2:33am, admin wrote:Revived and George's Mini Mod would DEFINITELY have to be put in regardless. They are too good to pass up.
There ya go
[Old GUI pic snipped]

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Aug 2011 10:09 #35
Having MBG's icon for the mini-mod is a mistake, you should have it for the original game and then take the current 'gold' icon to that of the 'mini-mod'.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

13 Aug 2011 11:15 #36
I'm sorry to say this, but that new MBG icon you've got there really... doesn't look right to me. It looks distasteful towards MBG, the normal MBG icon looks alot better. Perhaps a GMBMM text decoration would work better than that Gold icon... I don't want to look at that.

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
13 Aug 2011 19:32 #37
Wow, I didn't know that something as silly as an icon would matter to everyone so much. Fine, I'll fiddle around a bit and give Gold its original icon.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
13 Aug 2011 19:34 #38
Since we're getting specific, might as well say that you should unblur the Choose A Game text while you're at it

14 Aug 2011 12:34 #39
Everyone's a critic

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
15 Aug 2011 11:16 #40
Looks good but what you gonna do when MBF comes out?

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
15 Aug 2011 18:25 #41
Aug 13, 2011, 12:34pm, perishingflames wrote:Since we're getting specific, might as well say that you should unblur the Choose A Game text while you're at it
No thanks. I like the way that looks, and despite all the complaints about the GUI, this is still technically my program to do with as I please, I'm just releasing it to be nice, thanks

Aug 15, 2011, 4:16am, rdsempire wrote:Looks good but what you gonna do when MBF comes out?
I'll add it, of course. Same goes for MBE2 and PQ. I'll worry about what the GUI will look like when I'm actually adding the games. Right now though, I'm not concerned with it.

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
21 Aug 2011 08:54 #42
I'm really sorry for the massive delay, guys. I really hoped to have this uploaded by now. But unfortunately, it seems like the wait is going to be a little longer. For a couple of reasons. The main reason is internet speed limitations. AT&T are having major issues in my area, and they've temporarily downgraded me from my usual 10mbps connection to an awful 768kbps one while they repair their lines. That wouldn't be a problem normally - I'd just upload the file overnight - but since their lines are being repaired, I constantly lose connection. So the upload would never get finished. They tell me that the lines should be repaired by September 1st, but I don't know how trustworthy they are.

That's the bad news. But the good news is that five of my friends have had two betas, and the build that I just created as the final release. They can't find any major bugs, and the activation works great. So I'm ready to upload. I'm just waiting for my internet connection to get back to normal. Sit tight guys. Not long now.

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
27 Aug 2011 06:37 #43
Hey there everybody! I'm extremely happy to announce that the first official release of the legal version of Marble Blast Portable has been uploaded and is ready for you all to download!

Since the YouTube video showing the illegal version, there have been lots of changes. There are eight games included now, rather than the original five. Lots of little bugs have been fixed that would've been annoying for a public release. Some GUI graphics have been changed. You can add custom levels. And of course, the entire program is now legal!

Activating your copy of Marble Blast Portable is extremely simple. Just extract the zip file you download, open the program, and click on any game icon to launch the activator. I won't bore you with the details in this post, since a detailed Readme file is included with your download.

As far as legalization goes, it's perfectly legal for you to have a copy for yourself to use on any computer you like, but it's not considered legal for you to give your friend an activated copy or to leave an activated copy on a computer that isn't yours. People who want the game should buy Marble Blast Gold. It's just common courtesy to the developers. The point of my package is to make it easy to take your game with you, not to make an easy way to pirate the game. I can't stop your actions off of the internet, so please, do the right thing, and don't distribute illegal software!

So, now that you've read my long, boring post, I know what you're thinking: WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS?

Here it is guys! Enjoy! (Click)

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
27 Aug 2011 08:04 #44
Great news i will definetly download it since making like 10 new folders for all mods seems anoing to me. Nice work. Aeither.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

27 Aug 2011 11:41 #45
Cool! I'm downloading it too.

Edit: I'm having a problem. I opened Marble Blast Portable, I chose a game, it told me it's not activated. So far nothing's wrong. I just chose my MarbleBlastGold.exe file and it activated. It's a legal version of Marble Blast Gold that I bought from GarageGames back in 2010. Then I launched the program again, chose a game, and it tells me Marble Blast Portable.dat has stopped working! I tried with other games, same thing. On a few games, Marble Blast Portable.dat stops working, on other ones the game itself (for example Marble Blast Gold.exe and George's MBG Mini Mod.exe) stops working. I tried running as administrator, same thing. What's wrong? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32-bit.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
27 Aug 2011 12:25 #46
Quote:This service is temporarily not available from your service area.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
27 Aug 2011 13:21 #47
DLing right now, will leave a review later...

EDIT: Everything works well just in all of the mods the power-ups don't seem to work!?!?!?!?

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
27 Aug 2011 16:30 #48
Aug 27, 2011, 4:41am, alexf96 wrote:Cool! I'm downloading it too.

Edit: I'm having a problem. I opened Marble Blast Portable, I chose a game, it told me it's not activated. So far nothing's wrong. I just chose my MarbleBlastGold.exe file and it activated. It's a legal version of Marble Blast Gold that I bought from GarageGames back in 2010. Then I launched the program again, chose a game, and it tells me Marble Blast Portable.dat has stopped working! I tried with other games, same thing. On a few games, Marble Blast Portable.dat stops working, on other ones the game itself (for example Marble Blast Gold.exe and George's MBG Mini Mod.exe) stops working. I tried running as administrator, same thing. What's wrong? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32-bit.
Try going into the App/Game folder, right-clicking on a game's .exe file, choosing properties, going to the Compatibility tab, and setting the game to have compatibility with Windows Vista Service Pack 2. Also, checkmark the Run as Admin option in this same window for each of the games.

Aug 27, 2011, 5:25am, imperialcuirassier wrote:
Quote:This service is temporarily not available from your service area.

Sounds to me like MegaUpload is saying that? If not, where are you seeing this?

Aug 27, 2011, 6:21am, icometblue wrote:DLing right now, will leave a review later...

EDIT: Everything works well just in all of the mods the power-ups don't seem to work!?!?!?!?

I didn't touch powerups. Or anything in the game for that matter. It's something with your computer.

• Thank you received: 67
27 Aug 2011 18:46 #49
Can we talk now Aether? You said if I could prove to you I had a Purchased MarbleBlast Gold you could help?

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
27 Aug 2011 21:31 #50
Aug 27, 2011, 11:20am, pokko wrote:ERROR:

Marble Blast Platinum.exe -
RelaunchUsingCreateProcess::CreateProcess failed C:\Program Files (x86)\MBPPortable\MarbleLauncher.exe

(My MBPortable is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Marble Blast Portable, Windows 7)

[image]

Can you try doing what I told TheComputerGuy96 to do above?

Aug 27, 2011, 11:46am, jkk39 wrote:Can we talk now Aether? You said if I could prove to you I had a Purchased MarbleBlast Gold you could help?
Yes, we'll talk through PM.

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
28 Aug 2011 02:51 #51
Aug 27, 2011, 6:21am, icometblue wrote:DLing right now, will leave a review later...

HAH! Major oversight on my part. My custom controls for powerups stayed in the portable game. I'll remove that in the next release, but for now, go into options and change your powerup key. Sorry about that.

Aug 27, 2011, 2:53pm, pokko wrote:Same error....
Can you try disabling User Account Control?

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
17 Feb 2012 21:07 #52
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I posted about this portable, but I have an update for you all.

Since Megauplod was taken down, I had to reupload my portable. But, I didn't have an old version compiled to upload. So, I figured it would be a great time to fix a few bugs and push out a new version. Version 1.1 has been released, and is now available to download at dl.dropbox.com/u/19584266/Extract%20Marb...20Portable%201.1.exe . I'll update it once again when other mods such as FUBAR or PlatinumQuest come out, but until then, enjoy!!

Note: If you're upgrading from an older version to this new version, follow the instructions in the included Updating.pdf file to preserve your high scores, custom levels, controls, etc.

18 Feb 2012 20:44 #53
Maaaaaaaaaaac

• Thank you received: 15
18 Feb 2012 21:40 #54
Feb 18, 2012, 12:44pm, bulinger96 wrote:Maaaaaaaaaaac

Mac and Linux people won't get a version of this unless Aether hires someone who knows how to code for those OSes. I hope he does hire someone - this could come in handy if my computer goes up again.

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
18 Feb 2012 23:06 #55
Feb 18, 2012, 1:40pm, andrewsears wrote:
Feb 18, 2012, 12:44pm, bulinger96 wrote:Maaaaaaaaaaac

Mac and Linux people won't get a version of this unless Aether hires someone who knows how to code for those OSes. I hope he does hire someone - this could come in handy if my computer goes up again.
It's not even that I can't code for Mac. This package uses a virtualization tool called ThinApp, which to my knowledge, has no Mac equivalent. Recoding the launcher program for Mac really wouldn't be hard, but making something similar to the virtual package is what I believe to be nearly impossible. ThinApp lets me pack all the games together into one file, but keep the contents of the virtual filesystem hidden, so there's no way to illegally activate a copy. If I didn't use ThinApp, the games wouldn't be compressed at all, so it would be a space hog, and all of the files would be easily altered, so there'd be no easy way to keep things legal.

What I'm planning to do, though, is to change how the launcher works in version 2.0. I'm going to shrink the downloaded files even further, only requiring one .exe file rather than my launcher and the 8 other executables that exist now. What I'm hoping this'll do is allow everything to be smoothly run through Wine on Mac or Linux, plus still run just as well on Windows. But we'll see how that turns out once I'm done coding it...

20 Feb 2012 01:02 #56
Wait but MB's files are bigger than the executable so shrinking the .exe would help a bit but it still wouldn't get rid of the other bulk.

• Aether
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
20 Feb 2012 02:23 #57
Feb 19, 2012, 5:02pm, mbgaddict wrote:Wait but MB's files are bigger than the executable so shrinking the .exe would help a bit but it still wouldn't get rid of the other bulk.
You misunderstand Every file is compressed in the virtual file system. But as of right now, there are lots of files that make up Marble Blast Portable. There's the launcher .exe, the app folder, the files inside the app folder, etc. What I'm going to do in version 2.0 is only have two files - the launcher .exe file and one huge, though highly compressed, data container which holds all game files. By only using one program as the entire portable, I'm hoping it will run under Wine.

Also, new interface!:

20 Feb 2012 02:32 #58
How do I update from the old MBPortable to the new one PLEASE HELP! Also if 2.0 doesn't work under Wine then boxedapp.com/

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
21 Feb 2012 00:22 #59
Nice to see you included my mod! Good job!

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

21 Feb 2012 01:02 #60
Feb 20, 2012, 4:22pm, threefolder99 wrote:Nice to see you included my mod! Good job!
Three, he has included it almost since the very beginning he made the portable

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.113 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.