file Where did you find the MB forums?

• Daniel741852
  • Daniel741852's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
27 Feb 2013 08:55 #1
Hello guys, I saw a recent topic on where did you find MBG, so I thought why not make one on the forums, not sure if this is the right place to post but if it is please move it, so anyways here's my story and I will add some extra off-topic stuff in it, basically when I was 10 I finally got MBG and I was very curious on the custom level tab, so I looked it up on google, I found a custom level, downloaded it and played my 1st custom level, I was pretty darned on how fun it was, so I wanted to play more, I search up on google again and found these forums, I downloaded tons of levels and placed them in my missions folder, and man I was having fun, so I wanted to look up a tutorial on youtube to find out how to make a custom level, I was watching the video then after that, I wanted to try it, so I did and after a while I created my 1st level Sage but I cannot download it again since it has been removed from mediafire from inactivity I believe, anyways I'm very sorry Matan for not mentioning I registered the forums when I was 10 in 2009, I am 14 now, I have a good education and good grammar now, I also know much more about the law now so I will not post stuff that isn't mines on the fourms, I have had much fun with you guys and I don't want that to end, I am very loyal to this game and the forums, I don't post much on here because back then I would get tons of warning but I try my best on how I post and say to myself Is this what I really want to post? So yeah, I had a really crazy story on the forums XD, I will hopefully get back track on making custom levels and posting on some necessary occasions.

Now why dont you tell your story on how you came on the forums and your experiences?

Registered from June '09, The reason my date is difference my profile is because I deleted it before and thought I wouldn't come back even though I did :3 lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
27 Feb 2013 23:35 #2
I did something similar. I first played Marble Blast at school, but found Marble Blast Platinum when looking for custom levels. Had a technical issue, I believe, and found my way here! 5 years go, almost!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
28 Feb 2013 00:28 #3
I found it while searching the Internet for Constructor. Basically I had watched one of Matan's videos about working with the LE, asked him a question, and he answered saying that I needed Constructor to achieve what I wanted. So, I found these forums, posted as a quest for a while, and ended up joining in May 2011 (almost 2 years!). I'm pretty sure I had posted on MBOpal's forums first, when I decided to try out for a music position. I pretty much stayed there for a while.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 15
28 Feb 2013 00:36 #4
I was in this community before these forums were even created.

In my case, it was the GG forums that I joined first. I had originally found it when trying to figure out how to download and install custom levels - there were some guides written by members and an entire page filled with old custom levels. Later, I went there again when I decided to make my own levels and wanted to find some tutorials on how to use the level editor (hardly anyone used QuArk at the time and Constructor hadn't come out yet). After I had made a couple of levels I made an account on the forums and released them - and the rest, as they say, is history.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
28 Feb 2013 01:30 #5
Feb 27, 2013, 4:28pm, techwarrior wrote:I found it while searching the Internet for Constructor. Basically I had watched one of Matan's videos about working with the LE, asked him a question, and he answered saying that I needed Constructor to achieve what I wanted. So, I found these forums, posted as a quest for a while, and ended up joining in May 2011 (almost 2 years!). I'm pretty sure I had posted on MBOpal's forums first, when I decided to try out for a music position. I pretty much stayed there for a while.

I probably suggested you to post on here since you were too young I believe you posted as a guest in the support board

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 57
28 Feb 2013 02:38 #6
Was looking for how to unlock custom levels :3

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
28 Feb 2013 03:23 #7
The following is Buzzmusic100...

Around two or three years ago, I started to get obsessed with looking at random MB custom level videos. Matan's videos sometimes had comments like how do u get cutsom levels?? and Matan would always respond with something like Download them at the Marble Blast Forum. I'm not sure if that's where I first heard about the forum, but it probably was. I learned more about the community since I knew who made the MB videos I watched (i.e. Matan, Imperialcuirassier, Technostick, etc.). My memory isn't 100% accurate, but I probably just looked around on the forum and finally convinced my dad to join once I got interested enough.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
28 Feb 2013 04:16 #8
Feb 27, 2013, 6:38pm, conor wrote:Was looking for how to unlock custom levels :3
lol'd hard

Feb 27, 2013, 4:36pm, andrewsears wrote:I was in this community before these forums were even created.
ikr!

I found these forums through this topic:
www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/51715

That Matan guy posted about them and I thought why not check them out. I liked them and decided to just make an account but like everyone else I thought to stay on GarageGames' forums. Sadly Luke got worse so I talked to others and we resolved to move to the forums Matan made because he banned Luke, so we had some quiet. However by the time GarageGames decided to ban Luke it was too late and we just decided to stick in these forums.
Just to give you an idea of Luke just check the topic above... or more below.

Now while we were still at GarageGames, that Matan guy kept advertising his forums, like here:
www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/52508

Which was annoying. But as the topic below tells us,
www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/51714
As you can see the large majority switched to these forums, myself included. People like Ian iirc didn't want to move to the new ones and stuck at GarageGames but there was no activity so he and the remainder made the move.

A few months later killed Matan and took his place as administrator for these forums. Now everyone thinks I'm Matan while I'm not (and I kept telling them that) and there's pretty much nothing I can do to convince them otherwise... short of killing them too but whatever, they're good people.

On a more serious note, I found the GarageGames forums while looking up for help on how to beat the Gold Times in MBG because they were stupidly hard. I got stuck in Scaffold so I quit Marble Blast, but when I came back months later I remembered I once
read somewhere you could bypass levels but couldn't figure out where (forums? a guide?).
Anyhow, after searching for a fair bit I found the GarageGames forums, and an extensive/exhausting search in it yielded Mike's Gold Time guide as well as how to bypass levels.
Skipped Scaffold to Airwalk. Oh god I hated it instantly.
Skip to Shimmy, went alright.
Path of Least Resistence? Liked.
Daedalus? nah, skip it.
Ordeal? hgdiusfa skip.
Battlements? I can't beat the start and when I did, the fans killed me. Skip.
Pinball Wizard? too hard, skip.
Eye of the Storm? oh god that's as bad as Airwalk. Skip.
Dive! heck to the epic yes. I wanted to play that level so bad. Beaten.
Tightrope? More like noperope. Skip.
Natural Selection? I hate these type of levels. Skip.
Tango? Can't stand it. Skip.
Icarus? Skip.
Under Construction? Skip as well.
Pathways? Skipways.
Darwin's Dilemma was solved by the same thought as Natural Selection.
King of the Mountain too hard.

Okay, I'm done with this game.
Probably too demotivated and barely played it or decided to go for some gold times. I can't remember, probably quit.

But at some point I improved my Skyscraper time (was randomly playing Marble Blast) and wanted to see what was the top time, which meant I had to search again. Finding the Forums didn't interest me, but Mike's Gold Time guide was what I wanted to find. I found out my 1:04:9x was a ton better than his 1:29:9x, plus I beat his Space Slide. I decided I then wanted to get Gold Times and see if I can beat Mike himself. He beat all Golds, he was a total pro at this game and beating some of his times meant I could probably be better. I'll admit I could never think of Fork in the Road route (are you serious it's that easy?) and always tried going from the left side of the level instead of just jumping, but I did beat some of his Gold Times.

That gave me an idea that I too wanted to write a guide so I started one up for all my Skyscraper routes (I had 5 at the time iirc) and also a few other ones. I slowly started attaining better Gold Times and eventually re-found the Forums, and this time found the World Records topic. I saw I beat a few of those and I decided not to be shy like I always am, so I made an account and posted my times. Sceptus's reply of finding paths he couldn't made me joyous, and from there I started competing against him for records.

Since then I beat more of the levels I skipped above and the rest is history. A FYI, I had maybe 30-40 records in this game before I beat the game's final Gold Time: Half Pipe Elite. And then I took it's World Record
Oddly enough this is also Pascal's last level to get Gold Time on. Go figure.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
28 Feb 2013 04:21 #9
Quote:Oddly enough this is also Pascal's last level to get Gold Time on. Go figure.

OF COURSE IT MAKES SENSE, after all YOU MUST BE PASCAL because you said that old Matan Guy isn't around anymore

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 52
28 Feb 2013 04:52 #10
Found GarageGames forums while searching for people's top times (WRs) for MBG. Started posting on the GG forums, then Luke scared me away from them. Dropped by the New MB Forums and stayed. Read Michael's Gold Time Guide. Realizes how I totally sucked. I had worked on Winding Road 12.xx for a long time, then sees a 10.xx online. Back in July 2006, I only had 2 WRs or something (Pipe Dreams 14.xx and Eye of the Storm 5.17). Matan called me a cheater for my 9.40 on Acrobat.

Then 4 months later, I had 85+ WRs in MBG.

• Thank you received: 18
28 Feb 2013 05:08 #11
Had been messing around with MB for a few years in school; finally bought a copy and began playing with the LE. Went to GG forums to release my first few levels, then soon moved to these.

Technostick thought my first level showed potential.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
  • Thank you received: 0
28 Feb 2013 05:09 #12
A random search for custom levels, then I downloaded some levels and created my accout with a custom level for download.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

• Thank you received: 368
28 Feb 2013 16:55 #13
Back in mid-2007 I stumbled across Matan's YouTube channel while trying to figure out how to get better times on some of my levels, and found a url to the forums for some kind of a custom level pack, and I ended up joining because I was upset with how the downloads were set up, if I recall correctly.

~Aayrl

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.205 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.