file Wish List.

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
19 May 2013 02:26 #1
If there would to be a feature that I could hack into torqueScript, what feature would that be? Post below (probably not gonna happen but we'll see )

Just curious.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
19 May 2013 05:21 #2
A feature that automatically kicks Matan from a MP game before he beats me?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
19 May 2013 06:09 #3
May 18, 2013, 10:21pm, conor wrote:A feature that automatically kicks Matan from a MP game before he beats me?

kick(matan); ?

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

19 May 2013 08:17 #4
May 18, 2013, 11:09pm, jeff wrote:
May 18, 2013, 10:21pm, conor wrote:A feature that automatically kicks Matan from a MP game before he beats me?

kick(matan); ?

As long as no one is allowed to use it but me.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
19 May 2013 18:09 #5
Engine update that would allow us to use dynamic lightning (both pc and mac), reflections like in mbu, bumpmap,and water simulation. That would make my day!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

20 May 2013 05:22 #6
May 19, 2013, 11:09am, rdsempire wrote:Engine update that would allow us to use dynamic lightning (both pc and mac), reflections like in mbu, bumpmap,and water simulation. That would make my day!

What MBGE isn't good enough?

But yea none of that is possible without completely recreating the whole game like Project Ascent was trying to do :/

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
22 May 2013 00:49 #7
A CTRL-Z-type key command that rewinds time in the level so that if you're about to go OOB you can try again.

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

• Thank you received: 2
22 May 2013 03:18 #8
In torquescript? There's probably a lot of little mods that I either can't think of right now or would probably do/try myself. Most would be new game modes, as I think those are pretty fun.

But I really do like wondering how far we could get if we had access to the source code of the engine (which is coincidentally what I happen to dream about when I sleep).

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
22 May 2013 04:09 #9
May 21, 2013, 8:18pm, frublox wrote:In torquescript? There's probably a lot of little mods that I either can't think of right now or would probably do/try myself. Most would be new game modes, as I think those are pretty fun.

But I really do like wondering how far we could get if we had access to the source code of the engine (which is coincidentally what I happen to dream about when I sleep).

You would pretty much be able to do anything if there was engine source access. Just to name a few:

- Less hacky MP
- Rotating Platforms
- Moving Platforms in MP

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
22 May 2013 04:26 #10
And pretty much anything and everything we ever want with Marble Blast

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 2
22 May 2013 06:41 #11
With all the time and effort you guys have invested in Marble Blast, you'd think someone would notice and actually hire y'all to make MBP/PQ into a licensed sequel. Or at least employ you on the side as consultants or some-such. I just can't stand to see the MB property just sit on a shelf gathering dust. At the VERY LEAST I wish they would just tell us outright, MB is officially retired forever.

22 May 2013 07:23 #12
May 21, 2013, 11:41pm, sporlo wrote:With all the time and effort you guys have invested in Marble Blast, you'd think someone would notice and actually hire y'all to make MBP/PQ into a licensed sequel. Or at least employ you on the side as consultants or some-such. I just can't stand to see the MB property just sit on a shelf gathering dust. At the VERY LEAST I wish they would just tell us outright, MB is officially retired forever.

IAC having too much fun shelving it and making less money than if they just left it alone.

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
22 May 2013 21:54 #13
That's probably true. I'm sure IAC is having a lot of fun making the game almost completely unobtainable. (Is there anywhere you can legally obtain it nowadays?)

EDIT: Found this in the Funny MB pictures thread:

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
22 May 2013 22:28 #14
@MM1 I believe the mac game store has it.

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
23 May 2013 02:24 #15
Ah, thanks. I figured you could get it somewhere but I wasn't quite sure where.

• Thank you received: 67
23 May 2013 02:40 #16
If MB was made in a newer version of torque, would it still be as easily customizable as it is now?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
23 May 2013 04:14 #17
May 22, 2013, 7:40pm, jkk39 wrote:If MB was made in a newer version of torque, would it still be as easily customizable as it is now?

yes if not better.

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
23 May 2013 16:44 #18
BACK ON TOPIC:
Another thing I can think of that would be nice is a more user-friendly level editor. It took me about 2 months to figure out how to use the one we have now.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
24 May 2013 03:18 #19
Actually did something like that in PR, it was laggy as hell, but kinda cool. (Looks at jeff)

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.987 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.