file The level that annoys you most

• MBKid
  • MBKid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
27 Mar 2014 23:05 #1
Hi this has been in my mind for a pretty long time and really, this is kind of interesting. So I'll start, the level that annoys me most is Tightrope, MBG

I played marble blast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 198
27 Mar 2014 23:19 #2
Me too :)

lee is awesome

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
27 Mar 2014 23:28 #3
In my opinion, the most annoying level is MORPH. It is actually not that hard since I beat it, but since my mac is really old, it lags horribly after jumping on the 2nd blue square moving platform and I get only about 8.5 FPS. I just did an edge hit off the second blue moving platform to beat the level, since does not lag until you jump on it. Once I found the tweak, I got the ultimate time the next time I finished the level. The file for Morph is 408KB, which is by far the largest .mis file size in the game (second is The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper at 100KB).

Tightrope was a bit frustrating too at first, but if you look down and never rotate the camera after that, alignment becomes less difficult. Gold time is possible without rotating the camera.

• Thank you received: 198
28 Mar 2014 00:22 #4
Tried that and I got over 1 minute to align.

lee is awesome

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
28 Mar 2014 00:46 #5
Haha lmfao!

Well I can't really think right now but a level I can pick from my head is...Skyscraper...it annoys me because getting a top 3 time requires you to pull 2 traplaunches that require a lot of luck and have a low success rate...I hate it so much, never pulled them... :P

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
28 Mar 2014 01:13 #6
2 trap launches in one run is tough on skyscraper. I did it only twice -- once I got a 48.xx, the other time I got 41.xx.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
28 Mar 2014 02:09 #7
true, in tightrope if you don't move your camera your fine but i've been try ing to get gold on it lately and Darn I slapped my computer! :whistle:

I played marble blast

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
28 Mar 2014 02:31 #8
I got 29.xx without moving the camera. If you don't hesitate too much gold time is easily possible.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
28 Mar 2014 02:47 #9
Wow! thats impressive!

I played marble blast

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
28 Mar 2014 03:13 #10
Thanks! I don't think I have ever actually tried using the camera, but I wonder if it can improve my times.

Tips for gold time:
#1 - Alignment does not need to be absolutely perfect.
#2 - On the 2nd level, do not jump off the first tightrope to get to the second.

Seems like this thread is getting a bit off-topic so I will name my second most frustrating level,
SPACE STATION.

This level is very long and has some very frustrating challenges, such as the giant ice slope, the bounce/wall hit area after riding on the rocket, the shifting platforms, and the fans. It also has a quite large .mis file, so it is somewhat slow (not nearly as bad as morph, but only ~25 fps).

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
28 Mar 2014 04:20 #11
MBG-Pathways
MBP-Loop exit

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
28 Mar 2014 05:02 #12
I don't have one particularly annoying level in MBG in mind, but for MBP, definitely Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection for me. It was really frustrating to jump from one platform to another when I have no idea how high the bounce would be. It was literally the only level in MBP that I don't have UT in (not even PT if I remember it right) :P

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
28 Mar 2014 05:43 #13
Ultimate on Cardcaddy's is tough. To get it you must memorize a path that gets all the gems and the time travels. I barely got it (2:14.87 if I remember correctly). I came really close a few times before and after another 2 hours I finally got it.

The only 5 UT's I still need: Helicopter Monster Course, Platform Mayhem, TUFC, TTotTS, and Space Station.
Space Station is probably the toughest of those five.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
28 Mar 2014 10:36 #14
Omfg HI IMPERIAL!!

And I agree with him, for me in MBP my least favourite level is Carcaddy's...because finding a faster path is probably the toughest in MBP, and a lot of paths rely on luck. It was my last UT to get.

MotB, you have Carcaddy's but not TUFC? Surprise :O...Yea Space Station is annoying but when you get used to it UT is actually kinda easy, finished it relatively early, it is just insanely difficult to go from 5 mins to sub 4 mins...*Because of a totally new path*

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
28 Mar 2014 14:44 #15
OMG you guys are so good at this game but it's true i've only been playing for about six months but still you guys are amazing.

I played marble blast

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
28 Mar 2014 18:19 #16
Tightropes, of course. The Great Divide levels are also quite tedious to me.

MBP? Probably Carcaddy's Diamond Collection and Nukesweeper Revisited annoyed me the most. A lot of other expert and advanced levels annoyed me at some point, but they all got easier eventually.

As for custom levels, Descent With Modification. Although I find it extremely well-made and pretty creative in some areas, it's too slow and contains too few checkpoints for my taste. Sorry Pablo.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Thank you received: 15
28 Mar 2014 21:21 #17
For MBG, it's a tie between Tightropes and Airwalk. I always had a hard time beating Airwalk due to lag (though that was probably due to my computer) and the incessant noise from the fans always bugged me.

As for MBP, I would also have to say Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection. Too long and unpredictable for me. It was one of only a few levels of which I was never able to beat the Platinum Time.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
28 Mar 2014 21:42 #18
I don't think the UT's are that hard even if you don't do any advanced tricks, but the levels are really long and that means that there are more places to screw up.

Helicopter Monster Course -- Had a 1:05.xx run but missed 2 time travels, so that should not be too hard.
Platform Mayhem -- Just need to find and memorize a path, watch videos for ideas...
TUFC -- Challenge #12 with the fans in SO ANNOYING. The rest honestly isn't that bad.
TTotTS / Space Station -- No out of bounds and going somewhat fast should probably do it.

• Thank you received: 0
10 Aug 2014 05:36 #19
I've barely made any progress in advanced levels in MBP and I kinda suck at the game, but mine are Loop Exit and Roll Like the Wind.

I've probably totaled around 3 hours into RLtW just trying to beat it once >_>

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
10 Aug 2014 12:42 #20
MBG
1. Darwin's Dilemma - Spent hours and hours and hours (add as many hours as you want to that) attempting the stupid WRR. It has some passionate hate against me though because I still haven't made it past the blockers/air time travel section, where you bounce of the girder.
2. Tube Treasure - Jumping into the pipe that's in the air on the bottom platform, that's all I need to say.
3. Tightrope - I know I can beat the level, but every time I play I just have to try one of the WRR tricks :S , and I always fail those lol. I screw up half the time anyway because my mouse slips or sth.

MBP
Never played the expert levels before (:o) because for some reason I can't play them when I launch MBP alone. So yeah. I've only done them on HiGuy's server, which is different. But I'll still include them here.

1. Tunnel Vision - Not fun to me at all. All it is is memorize a path through the tubes, get a gem, and finish. Just not enjoyable imo.
2. Platform Mayhem - It's fun but I usually forget a gem/miss a platform, and that's super irritating when I've already collected like 40.
3. Sprint - I would put Cardcaddy's here but I haven't actually played that, even on HiGuy's server, so I'm left to use Sprint. The WRR kills me. I hate the wallhit, just can't QUITE get enough force to get up there, and jumping onto the trim ramp is pretty tricky too.

• Thank you received: 20
10 Aug 2014 14:06 #21
Nukesweeper Revisited. I always forget where the gems are and the level is just zero fun to me. IMO you should've moved Morph to expert level 5 and made a new level to fill Morph's place (maybe an mbp version of black diamond :p) Oh, and I'm not looking forward to the multiplayer version of this level at all.

Also Battle cube Finale, but I have a huge grudge against that level. Several years ago, I beat in but missed the par time by seconds. I haven't touched it since.

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
10 Aug 2014 16:41 #22

Kwill wrote: Several years ago, I beat Battlecube Finale but missed the par time by seconds.

Wow, that's too bad. :(

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
10 Aug 2014 18:48 #23
same happened to riblet

RC1 ignores par times (sorta). They exist but they will write your LB times so you get ratings regardless.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
10 Aug 2014 23:57 #24
Now, Swivel is annoying me. The UT is really hard for me and the stupid loop exit.

I played marble blast

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
12 Aug 2014 03:33 #25
Great divide obv. I don't know how long I spent on that level before I got the double launch. (I hate the colour yellow after playing that stage so much... )

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Thank you received: 64
12 Aug 2014 06:29 #26

kalle29 wrote: Great divide obv. I don't know how long I spent on that level before I got the double launch. (I hate the colour yellow after playing that stage so much... )

And yet your profile picture is still a yellow sponge ;)

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
13 Aug 2014 01:10 #27
I'll have you know that sponge is Spongebob Squarepants!! Used to watch that show. It was great.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
13 Aug 2014 04:04 #28
MBG: SOTF
MBP: Morph
Custom: Gotta think about it. Plenty of candidates probably.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
13 Aug 2014 05:40 - 13 Aug 2014 05:43 #29
I'm going to go with Tale of the Tall Skyscraper, despite having not played very many other levels recently. I remember back in my MB playing days that it annoyed me a lot, and frankly it still does. In fact, I even made a video in which the purpose was to explain how that the Tale of the Tall Skyscraper is the most annoying level in MBP/MBG. Heck, it's such a long and annoying level. The annoyingness of such a skyscraper is too much to even begin trying to appeal to. Even if you were the King of the Mountain, you wouldn't be able to get over the annoyingness that is the Platform Race in Tale of the Tall Skyscraper. It's a good thing that the level doesn't have Tightropes, otherwise it would be an even more Treacherous Path up the Scaffold towards the Baron of the Summit, in which Mastering the Marble would be helpful towards making the perilous Mountaintop Retreat. Darwin's Dilemma in figuring out Natural Selection was-

Okay, I'm done.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 13 Aug 2014 05:43 by Joey.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
13 Aug 2014 16:50 #30
Forgot to mention the most annoying custom level for me! Its either (one of my own!) Earthquake or Oversimplified:
On Earthquake it is just so hard to get a good time.
On Oversimplified using ctrl p is hard for me.

I played marble blast

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.941 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.