file The level that annoys you most

• Thank you received: 26
05 Sep 2014 02:33 #31
MBG
Skyscraper- I am annoyed at the existence of this level xD. Seriously the best I might be able to do is under 1 minute(without traplaunches). Not only is it annoying that the wr has 2 traplaunches but this level is just annoying to play. Whenever I install mbg I hate knowing that that is one of the levels I have to play to get to the higher one's xD.
Tightrope-Not that annoying I guess until I reach top 10.
MBP
Morph-This level frustrated me so much when first trying to complete it. It really took too many hours and there are just so many things that can go wrong when you play this and they did.

"im betr dan wozie jsut wtahc mai widdyoze adn ull c im betr jsut wiat a fwe yreas" - Eguy 2018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
  • Thank you received: 0
05 Sep 2014 21:33 - 05 Sep 2014 21:36 #32
-MBG
· Actually the level that annoyed me the most is "Darwin's Dilema" because I always missed the platform or just hitted someting on the road, and the fans on the last part always screwed me and make me fall
· The second one is "Tightrope" because I always fell off on the last part o didin't aligned the camera and you know the rest... EPIC FAILURE *FLIPS TABLE*

-MBP
· Far away from the others is "Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection" becuase I can't control the spining marble in mid-air, I fell off like hundred times and then closed it and went for the next one, every time I play it happens the same
· The second is "Battlecube Finale" because is way tooo long and a bit boring, going outside of the cube wasn't really nice and well the really dark parts that I can't see really well and screwed all

Well that's it, what I remember xD

The weirdest signature that I ever requested
Last edit: 05 Sep 2014 21:36 by Beack.

• Thank you received: 18
06 Sep 2014 05:19 - 07 Sep 2014 14:16 #33
Ughhh, this is a really hard one for me...
MBG: Survival of the Fittest
Reason: This is my least MBG level of all time, why? The way you have to beat it. IT SERIOUSLY P I S S E S M E O F F.
Not only that the traplaunches also are annoying to pull off. I get satisfaction when beating this.

MBP: Don't Jump
Reason: I wish I could jump, how annoying it is to beat it normally without abusing checkpoints makes me want to shoot myself (not literally),
but just looking back at this level just gives me chills. ((Thank you Frosty for removing this from your SP2MP.))

MBU: Schadenfreude
Reason: It's plain cruel, I've always had doubt of me beating this level and actually getting a good time, I hope that turns up someday.

Other levels:
MBG: Darwin's Dilemma, Tightrope
Reasons: Darwin's Dilemma has always been a difficult level, this is probably the hardest MBG level in my opinion just because of how much you have to look just to see the pathway to beat this. Tightrope? It's annoying, fall off, you lose, especially with how slim the ropes are, I will not get over those so easily. I don't understand how'd I'd have a chance of getting a good time on this for WRR.

MBP: Diagonal Training, Gravity Shaker (Director's Cut)
Reasons:

MBP: Diagonal Training, Diagonal Training, Diagonal Training. I mean, honestly, if someone can complete all of the Expert levels within a reasonable amount of time, one should be able to handle the Diagonal Training level - right? No, absolutely not. This is the level that keeps on giving hours of countless frustrations. It was even revamped to make it 'easier', but still requires the user to perform skillshot after skillshot to even have the privilege of MAYBE reaching the finish. This level should be swapped with Battlecube Finale, since I could probably beat Battlecube Finale fifteen times in the time it would take me to finish Diagonal Training even once. I could sincerely earn most of the Challenge achievements by challenging beginner players to Diagonal Training over and over since I guarantee no beginner player could actually finish this level without playing it for hours on end. Don't even get me started on the Easter Egg for this level.

~Aayrl

What Aayrl said, done. Gravity Shaker because it's annoying to get the gems so easy.
MBU: Hypercube
Reasons: The hellish Ultimate Time, I honestly think this should be raised, it is difficult enough to get the platinum, good luck everyone who doesn't have it.

Reply to this with levels that you think are really annoying, I'd like to see your thoughts on my opinions. These are my opinions on these levels, hopefully I'll end up liking them a bit more eventually.

:silly: I upside down now :silly:

And he waddled away, waddle waddle..
Last edit: 07 Sep 2014 14:16 by tporter. Reason: Somethings were left out.

• Thank you received: 401
06 Sep 2014 05:26 #34
Almost every level in PQ

Because they haven't been released yet

:(

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, Jeff, tporter, re

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
06 Sep 2014 05:29 #35
^ post of the year.

PQ and Fubar levels are the levels that annoy me the most because of the lack of release.

Oh wait, that kind of sort of depends on how much I code too....

/me runs away.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
06 Sep 2014 18:50 - 06 Sep 2014 18:51 #36
For me it's just about any MBP level that uses that hideous hot pink or lime green tile, because it's incredibly hard to look at. But on a more serious note the two Nukesweeper levels are just about the worst, and unlike the computer game it's based off of it takes no skill and just comes down to a round of "check every square and hope that the next one doesn't send you flying out of bounds."
Last edit: 06 Sep 2014 18:51 by ChaosUnown.

• Thank you received: 368
07 Sep 2014 00:37 - 07 Sep 2014 00:38 #37
MBG: Eye of the Storm. There does not need to be an explanation here.

MBP: Diagonal Training, Diagonal Training, Diagonal Training. I mean, honestly, if someone can complete all of the Expert levels within a reasonable amount of time, one should be able to handle the Diagonal Training level - right? No, absolutely not. This is the level that keeps on giving hours of countless frustrations. It was even revamped to make it 'easier', but still requires the user to perform skillshot after skillshot to even have the privilege of MAYBE reaching the finish. This level should be swapped with Battlecube Finale, since I could probably beat Battlecube Finale fifteen times in the time it would take me to finish Diagonal Training even once. I could sincerely earn most of the Challenge achievements by challenging beginner players to Diagonal Training over and over since I guarantee no beginner player could actually finish this level without playing it for hours on end. Don't even get me started on the Easter Egg for this level.

~Aayrl
Last edit: 07 Sep 2014 00:38 by Aayrl.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
07 Sep 2014 12:17 #38

Aayrl wrote: {Diagonal Training} should be swapped with Battlecube Finale, since I could probably beat Battlecube Finale fifteen times in the time it would take me to finish Diagonal Training even once. I could sincerely earn most of the Challenge achievements by challenging beginner players to Diagonal Training over and over since I guarantee no beginner player could actually finish this level without playing it for hours on end.

I agree completely with this. Beginners will NOT be able to beat Diagonal Training in <30 minutes, guaranteed. Chances are they'll give up before then anyway. The arrangement of MBP levels is... off, imo :P

I've had newbie friends come over and try the game, and I know from firsthand experience which levels tend to give them the most trouble.

Beginner levels that are too hard:

Busy Bee... - Lining up for the super jump is tricky. They spend 10 seconds on it, and mess up 2/3 of the time anyway. Once they get on the petals, they have to keep control on the slanted ground - AND jump from petal to petal. I honestly have no idea why this is in beginner, I can see why some levels are (such as diagonal training, for teaching) but busy bee teaches nothing.

Diagonal Training - What aayrl said.

Ramps - Thin platforms and time limit = not beginner. Beginners can't handle platforms two units wide if they have to go fast. The time limit, one minute, is pretty strict as well. Too hard.

Hazard Loop - CHECKPOInt WHERe?

Ground Zero & Recoil Training - I guarantee no new marbler will make it up the stairs in ground zero. For both of these levels, it's a matter of try after try after try after try, until FINALLY you get the big nukehit just right, and on recoil training until you get the super bounce part correct.

K, those are my two cents :D I could go on, mentioning more levels that quite honestly could easily be switched (Morph><Uphill Racing) but yeah :P

• Thank you received: 18
07 Sep 2014 14:06 #39

Aayrl wrote: MBG: Eye of the Storm. There does not need to be an explanation here.

~Aayrl

I also agree with this, I honestly think that this should become an intermediate level, Diagonal Training (Intermediate Level #1) Learn the Edge Hit (Intermediate Level #2) Those 2 for 2 reasons, alot of Intermediate levels require these skills, and being able to learn them in Intermediate would be quite nice, but I do agree with Aayrl. He makes a good point.

And he waddled away, waddle waddle..

• Thank you received: 368
07 Sep 2014 15:09 #40

Frostfire wrote:

Aayrl wrote: {Diagonal Training} should be swapped with Battlecube Finale, since I could probably beat Battlecube Finale fifteen times in the time it would take me to finish Diagonal Training even once. I could sincerely earn most of the Challenge achievements by challenging beginner players to Diagonal Training over and over since I guarantee no beginner player could actually finish this level without playing it for hours on end.

I agree completely with this. Beginners will NOT be able to beat Diagonal Training in <30 minutes, guaranteed. Chances are they'll give up before then anyway. The arrangement of MBP levels is... off, imo :P

I've had newbie friends come over and try the game, and I know from firsthand experience which levels tend to give them the most trouble.

Beginner levels that are too hard:

Busy Bee... - Lining up for the super jump is tricky. They spend 10 seconds on it, and mess up 2/3 of the time anyway. Once they get on the petals, they have to keep control on the slanted ground - AND jump from petal to petal. I honestly have no idea why this is in beginner, I can see why some levels are (such as diagonal training, for teaching) but busy bee teaches nothing.

Diagonal Training - What aayrl said.

Ramps - Thin platforms and time limit = not beginner. Beginners can't handle platforms two units wide if they have to go fast. The time limit, one minute, is pretty strict as well. Too hard.

Hazard Loop - CHECKPOInt WHERe?

Ground Zero & Recoil Training - I guarantee no new marbler will make it up the stairs in ground zero. For both of these levels, it's a matter of try after try after try after try, until FINALLY you get the big nukehit just right, and on recoil training until you get the super bounce part correct.

K, those are my two cents :D I could go on, mentioning more levels that quite honestly could easily be switched (Morph><Uphill Racing) but yeah :P

Nailed it right on the head, Frostfire. After watching roughly 30 players (who have never played the game before), they all got stuck on these exact levels, and as a result actually fear playing Marble Blast Platinum levels. They have no issues with MBG or MBU levels, or even some of the custom levels, but they hit a brick wall when they try to go through the sequence of Beginner MBP levels.

I don't think anything should be changed at this point, as we all know MBP is the next generation of MBG, so we assume the general target player is one who has completed all levels in MBG - and if this is indeed the intended case, then the difficulty of MBP should be on par (if I can beat KotM, then Diagonal Training should be a nice next-up challenge).

I do believe, however, that the default game should be Marble Blast Gold when players launch the game for the first time. It currently launches into MBP (at least on the game client that my folks were downloading a week ago) and players can easily get turned off from the game. Give the newbies the MBG levels as soon as they load in, and the rest of us can take the extra two seconds to use the dropdown menu.

~Aayrl

• Thank you received: 123
08 Sep 2014 20:31 #41
Save MBG as the default mode, then save the gamemode so that MBP players play MBP, while MBG players can play MBG, without either having to switch back.

I think this makes sense.

• Thank you received: 20
01 Dec 2014 02:43 #42
Well, since this topic has been brought back to life, I might as well complain about the beginner levels too. I'm surprised no one has mentioned what I consider the most difficult MBP beginner level: Magnet Training. The last magnetized jump to the finish drove me wild. There's no marking on the floor and it's hard to tell exactly where the magnet is in the air and thus, where on the platform to jump; that's assuming you make it all the way up the first time; when I hit the finish, I barely clear the platform. I still struggle with that part to this day. And the easter egg is ridiculously difficult. (I don't know if it's been removed or not)

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
01 Dec 2014 15:18 #43
*chuckles* I would say hard levels especially Learn the Edge Hit, Spin Control, etc.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
01 Dec 2014 16:48 #44

CheepFishMBP wrote: *chuckles* I would say hard levels especially Learn the Edge Hit, Spin Control, etc.

Spin Control, you mean Spin Practice? If so, then I agree all the way, that level should be advanced. It's hundreds of times harder than say Ice Cold Pass or Par Pit or Slippery Steps. Tbh a couple of experts are easier than Spin Practice (Nukesweeper Revisited, Uphill Racing. There are multiple ones on par such as Platform Mayhem and Trapdoor Mania.)
Honestly, trying to show any ACTUAL intermediate player (such as one who struggles with, but is able to beat, MBG and MBU intermediates, and struggles with but is able to beat (some of) MBP beginners,) Spin Practice is a joke. The start part is the only part they have a chance at. The fourth gem, in the air, is ridiculously hard for them (I still mess it up once in a while), then that big jump, which is sideways, AND vision on that is hard. Not to mention the rest of the level.

If I could pick say three levels to complain about that would be one of them, along with Busy Bee and probably Morph, which definitely is harder than any of the advanced ones and honestly harder than at least half the experts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
01 Dec 2014 23:51 #45
Although I had no trouble with simply finishing any of the beginner or intermediate levels, I had a lot of trouble with some of the Ultimate Times. Ground Zero is really annoying to get ultimate on, and I've only done it 4 times, online and offline. In intermediate, Byzantine Helix was the hardest one for me, but now I find it to be easy.

In advanced, Morph is by far the hardest level. To make things even worse, I was using an old computer and the frame rate on that level was terrible on that level. I only got 8.5 FPS in the last section and only beat it after finding an edge-hit to skip most of it. But beating Ultimate isn't much harder than beating the level.

In expert, Catwalks and TTotTS probably have the hardest ultimate times. Both of the levels in my opinion are way harder than Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection for getting ultimate, even though about 20 people have UT on Catwalks while only 8 people have UT on Cardcaddy's on the LB.

So far in customs, Seasons LC 5 has been one of the hardest Ultimate Times that I have done. It took me about 5 hours to get. But I still have quite a few more levels to play.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
02 Dec 2014 03:08 #46

Xx MOTB xX wrote: Although I had no trouble with simply finishing any of the beginner or intermediate levels, I had a lot of trouble with some of the Ultimate Times. Ground Zero is really annoying to get ultimate on, and I've only done it 4 times, online and offline. In intermediate, Byzantine Helix was the hardest one for me, but now I find it to be easy.

In advanced, Morph is by far the hardest level. To make things even worse, I was using an old computer and the frame rate on that level was terrible on that level. I only got 8.5 FPS in the last section and only beat it after finding an edge-hit to skip most of it. But beating Ultimate isn't much harder than beating the level.

In expert, Catwalks and TTotTS probably have the hardest ultimate times. Both of the levels in my opinion are way harder than Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection for getting ultimate, even though about 20 people have UT on Catwalks while only 8 people have UT on Cardcaddy's on the LB.

So far in customs, Seasons LC 5 has been one of the hardest Ultimate Times that I have done. It took me about 5 hours to get. But I still have quite a few more levels to play.

I don't get why everybody thinks Catwalks UT is so hard. I got it in like 10 tries.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
02 Dec 2014 22:38 #47
At the same time, I don't understand why people think Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection is so hard either. I found an easy path for 1:53 that could go down to sub-1:48 if optimized. And Morph is now really easy since I use a PC running Windows 7 that has no trouble with that level.

• MBKid
  • MBKid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
04 Dec 2014 00:05 #48
I agree, cardcaddy's is easy. You just fall onto platforms and they bounce you back up :P But Morph... my least favorite lvl right now by far.

I played marble blast

04 Dec 2014 03:22 - 04 Dec 2014 03:29 #49
Battlecube Finale. I hate it. Let me repeat. I HATE it. Why? Oh, someone just HAD to have a 15 minute time limit. Oh, and there's way too much jumping and twisting and banging keys under the impression that they'll stop it faster. Well, I do that anyways, but that level is the only "official" MBP level I've [strike]never beaten[/strike] yet to beat under 15 minutes. But now that I think about it, I realize that over-par time are counted, so just might... haha, no.

Excuse my rambling, it's late right now as of this posting. I should sleep. ;P

Not to say I haven't had harder (custom) levels, but there are way too jeefing many to keep track of, or really care about. Many other MBP levels I struggled with for quite awhile, but now seem moderately easy in 2014. I believe I'm beaten Morph twice. Somehow. Maybe thrice. That enters my record book of being the most annoying level ever. Especially when you finally get past the gravity bit, and miraculously didn't goof on the tower and playground, then only to misjudge a jump about 5 jumps from the finish. I think I died that day. Possibly the keyboard too.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 03:29 by ProMarbler. Reason: "Jeef" is now an intensifier. Yes, you read me correctly.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
04 Dec 2014 04:32 - 04 Dec 2014 04:33 #50
Recently, Moving Platform Monster Course.

I actually spent the hour/two to finish the damn thing, and was about to get a 4x:xx.xx (better than Matan). Then I fell down on the last section, and hit a GM. There was a TT sitting there, looking so very innocent. Nope. -inf seconds. 99:59.99 instantly. Almost didn't even finish because of how pissed off I was. Now I have the worst time possible on that level.

Sorry, felt the need to rant.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 04:33 by HiGuy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsraeliRD, ProMarbler

• Thank you received: 198
05 Dec 2014 02:48 - 05 Dec 2014 02:52 #51
I have two actually...

Frictional Ascent
The annoying part is the bouncing platform part at the end. I get REALLY PISSED OFF all because of getting that gem, and can't bounce back to the moving platform :angry:

Thief
Annoying Parts: Fans and the castle walls part.
Fans: It's SUPER ANNOYING because the fans are TOO STRONG (for me :P) and just blows the marble away.
Castle walls: I sometimes hit the hazards all because of NOT ENOUGH space to like not hit the hazards you know what I mean?

That's all I can say really...

lee is awesome
Last edit: 05 Dec 2014 02:52 by Lee. Reason: I'm bad at English, need to change a bit :P

05 Dec 2014 11:02 #52
For Thief, I would hate it when I get to the part(s) after you drop down with the shock absorber and do all those gap jumps. Things tended to go wrong there. And all the other parts afterwards. Now I seem to have gotten bolder, and those seemed easier when I went to beat it again.

• Thank you received: 5
18 Dec 2014 19:58 #53
Pathways. Should have been the last level instead of King of the Mountain.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
19 Dec 2014 21:54 #54
It is in MBU.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
20 Dec 2014 14:19 #55
I just started speedrunning TUFC and now I've realized just how much of a pain speedrunning long levels is, especially if some person (pascal) has already laid out a bunch of evil tweaks for you. Now that I've started going at it for real a bit (at 1:52.xx atm, pascal is 27 seconds ahead but I'm still 2nd place on LBs lol) I can actually give this level a legitimate top 5 most annoying parts to ruin a solid run.

1. Fans
Gahahaha, not much hard after this, and the fans themselves aren't very hard - but they're just hard enough that if you're being careless you'll miss that stupid gem. Have taken a break after messing up on these more times than any other obstacle.

2. Icy Slope (over the gem or not enough force)
You have to be unfocused to mess this up, and usually already have some pent up rage, so messing up here, just as you've made it past the easy parts - is really frustrating.

3. Around-the-wall at the end
Check WRR and you'll know instantly why this is a complete run-killer. It's almost as bad as the Recoil Training finish (super speed and bounce off the very tippy-tip of that platform)

4. Catwalks Super Speed trick
Sadly this tweak is completely essential to a good run as it saves around 15 seconds. I only have a 50% completion rate at this, and it's one of two parts in the whole run I actually fear (the other one being the around the wall at the end). Thank goodness you have a two-trim-wide bit to aim for. If it was only one, and flat, this would be completely evil.

5. Second Basic Ice jump onto green
You're just getting started with the run and you miss this jump. Just annoying.

Special honors:

The edgehit on Icy Jumps. If I don't get enough height one more time...
The Bumpers and Ice part. Only did it once but it was insanely annoying. Suddenly 'BOING' and you're falling.
The wallhit to 30 second TM. Jump too many times > spin is wrong > miss wall hit > rage
Messing up ANYWHERE on Icy Catwalks. Means you're unfocused, and this just makes you more unfocused.

Bonus: Once I actually leapt up and onto the ceiling of the finish box accidentally. I was gunna scream and go yell at jeff to let out my rage, but luckily the box is low enough that you can finish from the top of it. So that was nice.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.285 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.