file Looking for mods that support PowerPC G4

• Soorya_S.S
  • Soorya_S.S's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
30 May 2014 06:35 #1
Hello guys, this is my first post on this forum. Recently, I got a iBook G4 (Early 2004 model w/o MBG :( ) on my hands running Mac OS X 10.5.8. I know that Marble Blast Gold supports it. However, I am looking for some versions of MB mods that support the PowerPC G4. Are there any versions of mods for it? If there are, may I have the download link for those mods?

Move along, nothing to see here, blah blah blah, why are you still reading this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 123
30 May 2014 10:26 #2
All mods should be able to run on PowerPC. However, the limiting factor would have to be the speed of the hardware you're running on. As of right now, the one mod that really lags badly when you run it is MBPU. All other mods, like MBP, MBA, MBE, and others should work fairly well, as the game was designed for PowerPC. However, if you were to play MBP 1.50 (the betas), then I'd recommend typing into the console (press the tilde ~ key) the command "$fast=1;" before you go online. It makes for a smoother gameplay, especially in multiplayer.

This is all known because I'm typing this on an PPC eMac right now. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soorya_S.S

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
30 May 2014 10:32 #3
Marble blast mods are made from marble blast gold, so every mod supports it.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 May 2014 13:01 - 30 May 2014 13:01 #4
The version of MarbleBlast Gold which we have on this site is a Universal binary, so it should run on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. All mods should be compatible with this (although some require installation), as the core binary doesn't change from mod to mod.

Let me know if you have any issues,
HiGuy

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 30 May 2014 13:01 by HiGuy.

• Soorya_S.S
  • Soorya_S.S's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
30 May 2014 13:23 #5
Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm unable to dig out my iBook as I am moving to Chennai, India. I should be finished moving by early June. However, school starts just after I move, so I cannot play as much MB as I can right now. :(

Move along, nothing to see here, blah blah blah, why are you still reading this?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.853 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.