file Important Message (In my opinion..)

• tporter
  • tporter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 18
05 Oct 2014 15:13 #1
Hey this is TPorter, just a random post, but I've felt like I've really needed to post this considering a lot of new players have been downing their skill for the game, from my pov in mulitplayer and other chat rooms.

My point is that people shouldn't keep downing themselves for their skill, it only makes them worst.
So lift your head up, and play on, because the more you do, the better you get.
It just takes practice, like how long it took me to get just to even get as good as some people at the game, maybe better, in a short amount of time just because I believed my self and played on until I couldn't believe how far I'd gotten, and how much it really effected my MB playstyle.

It really isn't hard, just try your best and have a good time with the community.
Don't be like "I'm a noob, I suck, I won't ever get good" etc, because that's how I used to be until I finally said "Hey, why don't I just ask, and try to get better", which is what I did for a long time, until I got to where I am.

I know people will be like. "Why are you posting this in the MB Discussion? It doesn't seem important.", well to me it does, I don't like seeing people down, and it's not fun for me to watch people down themselves over and over again.

This might seem like a weird post to post at such a weird time, but to me it had to happen.

Thanks for reading, and if it doesn't seem appropriate in this forum section, move it.

- TPorter B)
(P.S. Server is down a.t.m, so can't play on it, just go on a dedi or something if you want to play with me.)

And he waddled away, waddle waddle..
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, IsraeliRD, Jeff, RC, ProMarbler, StewMan46, Frostfire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 401
06 Oct 2014 06:46 #2
Well said. I'm absolutely horrible at MB because I hardly ever play, but when I do I still have a lot of fun just messing around with everyone else.

Adding to what you said, my advice for newer members would be to talk to the people in chat and on the forums and get to know some of the community members. It makes the game so much more enjoyable. I typically joke with people about how bad I am. Nobody really cares how good you are in the end as long as you're fun to play with.

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
06 Oct 2014 13:16 #3
Yes yes yes. One thing I see way too often is new players coming into a game with people like Imperial, Regislian and Dushine. They get killed (naturally) and then they either leave the game or start stating just how TERRIBLE they are.
Almost all of these players are better at the game than a random person off the street (noticeably better) and some are actually pretty good. What they don't realize is the fact that people like Imperial, Regislian and Dushine are some of the best players in the world. Literally. They've all practiced for years and years, and have become total masters of their marbles as a result.
Point is, often these new players aren't terrible. They're just unpracticed. The more you play, the better you get. And that's that.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
06 Oct 2014 14:51 #4
You guys said great stuff and I implemented all of it into the recent TotD. Take the credit here :)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StewMan46, Frostfire, tporter

• Thank you received: 25
06 Oct 2014 15:32 - 06 Oct 2014 15:56 #5
Well said. Unfortunately we don't have enough activity for something like this to happen, but a dedicated server specifically for beginner players would be a nice addition to the game. Unfortunately the top 7 or 8 players are the only other ones on 99% of the time, so any new players are almost obligated to face more experienced members of the community.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 15:56 by RC. Reason: typo

• Thank you received: 123
06 Oct 2014 18:58 #6
If you spread the word and the link of the site and ask them to join, I'm sure many would eagerly start playing. Thanks TPorter for that piece of perceptive advice, and Matan for posting such an encouraging MotD. :)

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
06 Oct 2014 19:26 #7
Well said TPorter. I remember when in first saw those WRR vids (#1) and I was amazed. So I tried to play just like Matan and Pascal did, though I couldn't be like them. I then practised and eventually amazed my mates in school because I was so good (yes we did have Marble Blast in my old primary school). Basically, you guys are all right. Practise makes perfect, and that's how I got to where I am today.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.810 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.