file Community's Hardest Levels (Vote!)

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
16 Dec 2014 18:23 - 22 Dec 2014 02:07 #31
(I'll edit this post whenever I feel like doing so)

Marble Blast Platinum Hardest to Complete

1. Morph
2. The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper
3. Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection (last lvl for me to finish at all)
4. Arch Acropolis
5. Speed Attack

Marble Blast Platinum Hardest Ultimate Times

1. Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection (the amount of: 'Oh, I'm gonna fall, wait no, nevermind, yes I'm gonna fall's' + the amount of focus required to achieve this..)
2. Arch Acropolis
3. Speed Attack
4. Nukesweeper Revisited (mainly because of the amount of lag it caused)
5. Morph

Marble Blast Gold Hardest to Complete:

1. Scaffold
2. Airwalk (lag, lag, lag)

Marble Blast Gold Hardest Gold Times:

1. Half-Pipe Elite
2. Hoops
3. Pinball Wizard
4. Darwin's Dilemma
Last edit: 22 Dec 2014 02:07 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
17 Dec 2014 08:00 #32
I dared myself to get a sub-38 at Tightropes. catwalks < tightropes (in difficulty) imo.

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
18 Dec 2014 19:53 - 25 Dec 2014 04:07 #33
Let's go, all of these are based on personal experience, although, behind place 6-7 I have a really hard time remembering exactly what I thought back in the day. Maybe I would've answered differently if you asked me back in 07.

Hardest to complete MBG
1. Escher's race
2. Scaffold
3. Pathways
4. Half-Pipe Elite
5. Darwin's Dilemma
6. Tightrope
7. Will o' the wisp
8. Natural selection
9. Pinball Wizard
10. Survival of the fittest
11. Battlements
12. Money Tree
13. Whirl
14. Daedalus
15. King of the Mountain

Hardest gold times MBG
1. Half-Pipe Elite
2. Escher's race
3. Marble Playground
4. Pathways
5. Tightrope
6. Marbletris
7. Darwin's Dilemma
8.Natural selection
9. Spork in the road
10. Siege
11. Skee ball bonus
12. Grand Finale
13. Eye of the Storm
14. Acrobat
15. Daedalus

Hardest to complete MBP
1. Morph
2. The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper
3. Mastering the marble
4. Space station

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 25 Dec 2014 04:07 by Kalle29. Reason: sotf x 2 ain't allowed

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
18 Dec 2014 22:37 #34
Woo kalle, you have 15s!!!! Bonus points!

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
19 Dec 2014 14:38 #35
I'd like to remind everybody that there are only 5 days left until voting ends, so now is the time to start thinking about finishing off your votes :)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Dec 2014 20:57 - 20 Dec 2014 19:46 #36
Been pretty busy so had no time to post BUT I did follow the thread. Very interesting posts we got here. I'm surprised at how many people keep saying the same levels where I think the challenge is not there (or is little); Aayrl said it better than I could so go check out his post.

I'll post my own list, based on my own experience. Note it is generally based on December 2007 but it is also slightly bit affected on today's developments. MBG is based from mid-2006 or so since that's where I completed the game.

Hardest MBG (Completion)

I remember sitting down after my niece wanted help with what I think was Winding Road. Couldn't do the Super Jump bit. Controls took an hour or so to get used to.
Beginners were beaten eventually, not that bad. Intermediates, nothing special until Monster Speedway :/ And then the Advanced. Holy nopeville.
Here are my top 15:

1) Scaffold. The level I quit MBG when I was a beginner. I made it always to the very last set, but then had to jump two trapdoors, quickly rotate camera, and make the jump to the next trapdoor above, and then rotate again camera to the right and do the jump. Back then this was an impossible task for me, and I spent days on it. Eventually I became frustrated and quit this damned game. I came back months later, still couldn't beat this level. I then found about the bottom-right button that allows you to skip, and thus I got all the way to level 52. It probably was another three months before I could beat it.

2) Airwalk. Lagtastic. This destroyed me so much, I couldn't beat it for the longest time. It was eventually one of the last three levels, if not the very last one, I beat.

3-5) Darwin's Dilemma, Natural Selection, Survival of the Fittest. Grouped together even though SotF isn't that hard (eventually, god I hated the tornado section). I hated going after the moving platforms, had little time to manoeuver and figure out what the heck am I doing. In NS the bumpers after the mines would destroy me all the time, but the ending wasn't that bad assuming I didn't go too fast and just instantly Out of Bounds. Darwin is the hardest of the bunch, and I hated it due to the quick movements I had to do with the marble to keep up with the platform.

6-7) Escher's Race, Three-Fold Maze. I'm putting those two together because they did annoy the hell out of me. I spent over an hour (60:00.99 on clock) to figure out the purple gem right next to the finish. Did not know how to get to it, where it was exactly and just kept doing the same loops over and over again. Second time was ~13 minutes, then 3 minutes, slightly less than 3 minutes and done. Escher's Race was something I spent whole days on. I had no good route, the time limit was too low imo, and I couldn't beat it. I still have no idea how I came up with a route that did 1:46, but it worked and I vowed never to play that level again.

8) Tube Treasure. Pretty high on the list because I spent quite a while with that 9th gem. It was placed on a slope that the marble couldn't roll up (diagonal didn't exist for us back then), and Super Jumping my way was tough. I remember trying so many variations to get to that gem, and then to get back down safely was another pissy challenge. When I beat it, like with Escher, never wanted to play ever again.

9) Monster Speedway. As with Escher's Race, the Qualify Time dumbfounded me and I was questioning how it was possible. After a couple hours work I barely made it and really hated that level. Too many gems and so little time.

10) Will o' Wisp. As above, the Qualify Time. Had quite a few problems navigating on the small tightropes, the bumps always pissed me off and the gyrocopter was only once when you needed it like on three different parts. It was difficulty and I think I came up with bounding to the first gem and then to the second, but it was still super tough on the QTime. I was so happy when I beat it, it took me way too long.

Honorable mentions (11-15):
Ski Slopes - The short time limit was nasty, and I couldn't figure any time travel except the last. The first break to the left was fine, but then you had to stop yourself fast at the end before going right for the last stretch and that was difficult. The ending not too easy either.
Siege - I have a 7:28 on it for a reason. Got confused where the gems are, and tried so hard not to go Out of Bounds. I kept hitting the diagonal walls and just falling off to the sides. Pretty tough imo.
Block Party - Gravity Modifiers were so annoying because I would have to land so perfectly, and one of them led you to a block with no gravity to change, so an instant restart. Hated the level for that. 2:59 first finish.
Half Pipe Elite - First gem in the middle was hard, but then as long as you figured out how to position your marble you were good. That is if you knew how. I didn't. I spent probably a good couple hours on this.
Take the High Road - Going up wasn't too bad (didn't like it), but going down was pissy. Getting the Super Jump on the bottom was impossible for me with those tiny stairs, and going up was also very hard. Dunno why.

Never Forget (16-17):
Hoops - Get that damned marble in the hoop. The last five hoops were so difficult for me, you have no idea. I just had lots of problems and could easily spend 15 minutes getting all of them.
Slip 'n Slide - I never realized that obvious shortcut at the start, and I played that level fully. That Qualify Time was actually hard for a beginner because of the mud and bumpers, and that last stretch was NOT easy.

At this point I found forums and learned tricks and what not that made levels easier. As such I don't have much memory of beating levels afterwards with much difficulty, but most of the high advanced (post Scaffold) were tough for me regardless. Battlements (fans at the end), Pathways (bumpers what), Eye of the Storm (tornado nope), Tightrope (I didn't know about keyboard tyvm), Pinball Wizard (damn 25 rotation) and then several of the ones above still hated me.

Hardest MBG (Gold Time)

Running off an old prefs.cs and memory here. Once I found guides and all I pretty much had no trouble with Gold Times, so this list isn't as good as it can be against those who try and legit this without help.
I want to note I put Hoops as #5 but it can be #2 as well. I don't have much memory except beating it once and never wanting to play that level again.

1) Half Pipe Elite. The last GT I ever got in MBG, when I already held at least 30 WRs. Incidentally, this is the same level Xelna beat its GT last when he held at least 30 WRs.

2-3) Escher's Race/Three-Fold Maze. Never could beat their GTs until I asked Sceptus for help, saying I only wanted to get GT and not WR. Ended up getting WRs using the same paths and then tweaking. Oops.

4) Will o' Wisp. One of the hardest GTs despite my knowledge of the shortcuts. The last button with gyro proved to be an extremely tough thing to do, what with getting everything done fast. I had 3 TTs with 20.xx on the clock, had to jump from 3rd gem on the small tightrope, make it to the button ASAP, activate gyro and somehow land properly with the whole level moving. Good luck getting this GT beaten :/

5) Hoops. Those. Effing. Skillshotted. Hoops. Those last five were a disaster. I barely managed it too!

6) Tube Treasure. That. Effing. Last. Gem.

7) Tightrope. Self-Explanatory, this was down to the edge here.

8) Spork in the Road. Couldn't do this level without a guide :(

9) Darwin's Dilemma. Getting those Time Travels was a lot more difficult than one would have had hoped for. I know I was happy to beat the GT.

10) Pinball Wizard. WR was slightly better than the GT, and I had to work on a path. It was not easy whatsoever because there were no guides out there besides Mike, and the level was plain hard.

11) Airwalk. Once I managed the lag I was very happy when I got it. Incidentally getting WR wasn't hard once you have had no lag.

12) Eye of the Storm. Once the route was done, I guess it wasn't that hard. I dunno.

13) There and Back Again. How many times did I fall off while trying to slow down?

14) Scaffold. I think this was hard. I can't remember.

15) Ski Slopes. Getting it done so fast was insane. I have no idea how I did it, and how hard I found it.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2014 19:46 by IsraeliRD. Reason: 2/4 done omg i can do this go me go me go meeee

• Kalle29
21 Dec 2014 04:10 #37

when I already held at least 30 WRs. Incidentally, this is the same level Xelna beat its GT last when he held at least 30 WRs.

lol who had the rest of the WRs?

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
21 Dec 2014 10:43 #38
Xelna and I shared, remainder were various people. iirc, Sceptus, Andrew Patterson, maybe Mike , and few others.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
22 Dec 2014 22:32 #39
The varying opinions are definitely interesting.I gotta say I may have forgotten how hard HPE for MBG was, though. Especially now that I remember that gem, might even be harder than most other stuff in MBG, but I guess by the time I played it I found it ok, though I believe I may have had a harder time on it than I remember. Also another thing I find to be an issue is the exact nature of the difficulty for levels.
For instance, no everyone played MBG at similar points. Me for instance, only played MBG because no other mods were available, hence I had to play it alone, not to mention the fact that I didn't know the unlock levels trick. I also didn't have paths for most of the time so that made it worse.
Of course my choices are just that, my choices. But it has to be said by the time most people now played MBG and MBP, they had plenty of guides and what not, so hence I do not expect things to be that similar with people.
I probably am rambling now but I guess my point...? is that some people can play MBP first then MBG, and that would make their choices very different from others so this topic in general can have many different interpretations...

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Kalle29
23 Dec 2014 02:10 - 23 Dec 2014 16:45 #40
I too think that people will vote on different levels depending on when they played it. I got this game when it came out - there were no guides, no WRR, and I didn't know of the skip levels trick. That is why Escher's race is so high up on my list, when you don't know where to go on that one, it's basically impossible.

Last edit: 23 Dec 2014 16:45 by Kalle29. Reason: how to spell?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Dec 2014 20:13 - 23 Dec 2014 20:18 #41
Hardest MBP (Completion)

The lists are a mix of both 2007 and today's knowledge. I haven't played MBP a lot except speedrunning a little whenever wanted, so most of this list comes from when MBP came out. Nearly all UTs were based on my best times as well.
Most UTs were made in mind that as long as you didn't screw up badly, you could easily reach them. Shortcuts since them pretty much decimated them.
Major note: The list looks at levels when they have had NO CHECKPOINTS. When checkpoints were added (end of development) I didn't replay levels much so my knowledge of difficulty comes from the development era.

1) Space Station. The compilation of tricks, the dark skies + underside made it pretty hard for me. I have raged over this level way too much trying to get a good time, let alone get past the crazy moving platform station thing at the end of the level, followed by the damn tightropes which were harder only because of the gravity and some gaps right at the end. Even today I consider it the hardest MBP level to date.

2) Daedal Helix. I find the Havoc Zone to be the toughest single part which is the hardest in MBP by miles. You can get stuck there for ages and it kills your speedruns. That alone is why this level is #2

3) Speed Attack. Admittedly, it shouldn't be that hard, but a few things from back in the day made it much harder than it is today (checkpoints, actual interiors, smooth stuff). Even today though if I'm not careful, rage can happen. The magnets were tougher, the loop was an ***, tornado was **** and a few other things really hated you.

4) Trapdoor Mania. It's like scaffold but worse with the turns. No checkpoints made this ever so more difficult to finish.

5) Bouncing Fun. It's a mix of easy and hard, and if you're not careful or know what you're doing, the level will eat you alive and without salt. The long bouncy jumps before the tornado used to get me a lot, the tiny time travel at challenge 5 or 6 would get me as well. The gravity before the level was quarked was insanely hard, and the bounce side-to-side with the gem and time travel was horrible, and a few other parts would just hate you as well. It was hard to navigate, and you had to do so carefully.

6) Mastering the Marble. Not too difficult except the very start. Otherwise a few other parts would be hell like gem/time travel on the sand, the wall jump after the small bouncy trims (which I didn't have trouble with!). It got extra difficult from where the checkpoint before the sand slope, side-to-side jumping (small room, ice, etc follows), with the big run stretch being the 2nd hardest challenge of MBP.

7) Dizzying Heights. The wall-bug made this level way harder than it should be, and due to the shortcut I barely played it fully, but when I did, it was tough. The shortcut was obvious so you could skip the level and hence it was not expected of the player to go the full way.

8) Rolling to Eternity. I've had some odd problems, specifically the Super Jump/MP part gave me lots of trouble, and sometimes the fan jump would piss me off. The level itself isn't bad but try and go fast and it becomes a nightmare.

9) Slip Up. The only hard part of the level was that stupid jump from the ice to the small room section and then navigate that carefully.

10) The Ultimate Friction Challenge. I found it a lot easier than most, mostly because it is the same as its MBG counter-part so I was already used to it. Lack of checkpoints? see MBG.

11) Wall Master. Those wall hits were hard at times, and there were a couple of spots right at the end of the level that I could barely do on the life of me. The wall hit upwards to a gem (slope, followed by a wall) is still impossible for me. #3 hardest challenge because I can skip it :Par

12) Ice Cold Pass. Ever tried the full way? Surprisingly hard. I found it way harder than the level seemed, but almost no one realises that because of the obvious shortcut to the finish.

13) Don't Jump. Just an increasing challenge where you had to be careful and sometimes you would just be trolled and there is nothing you could do. Fans would lag on computers at the time, but not on today's hardware.

14) Nukesweeper Revisited. Difficult until you figure out the route (which you can use level editor/paint/whatever you want to mark in the gems) at which point the level becomes easy. Its UT is done so that you don't screw up badly, but you are allowed to mess a few jumps and hit walls.

15) Double LoopLoop. The gem on the bottom isn't bad, but those steps to go back up always gave me trouble, especially in the pre-quarked version which was nasty hard.

Special Honour:
Skill Zone. The beginning Super Speeds are my #4 hardest MBP challenge because the hell is that
Morph. Nowadays you have no wall bug and a smoother blue slope at the playground section that doesn't leave you when you screw it up. Back then the blue slope had a misalignment so 99.99% of the time you would be thrown BACKWARDS (and platform left you!), so you would be stuck. You had to do this specific jump pattern in order to pass that misalignment, and then you had another one right at the top with the next platform stretch that also destroyed you. Made the level incredibly hard just for that. Since then we made the platform not leave so it was better, and later on the smoothed interiors made it easier and lastly today no wall-bug (I never had problems with that challenge, somehow) means no one has a reason to complain about difficulty.

TTotTS I never had a problem with, even without checkpoints. Hardest part was Phil's platform going up with the triangle bits and the time travel after the 2nd one.

Hardest MBP (Ultimate Time)

1) Space Station. Literally my best time was 6:07, with the UT being 6:15 because I missed that 8 seconds time travel because the jump to it and back is really difficult for me due to whatever reason. I always considered it to be the toughest UT. It also used all the shortcuts I knew of at the time.

2) Lightning Ice. Also hardest EE IMO. I find this pretty tough to get the speed, and maintain it throughout the level to finish it under the UT. Level is fun, but getting UT is a nightmare.

3) Mastering the Marble. UT is hard only due to the difficulty of the level, which is a piss-off. Going fast on the level only makes it worse, and again the ending destroyed many a run.

4) Sand Storm. Getting the last TT was really hard on me, and that meant that I had almost no time to waste to get the UT. A small mishap = restart.

5) Speed Attack. Getting everything done perfect without the game screwing you over was one of the hardest challenges in MBP. I've died so many times it was not funny, and the UT was bloated so you could skip quite a fair few Time Travels and go slowly on some parts.

6) Trigonometry. I found this one of the harder UTs MBP has to offer because I just run out of time. I dunno why. I had to practically use a traplaunch to usually make it past the UT.

7) NeonTech. I found getting a fast time was pretty hard because you had to get the TTs at the start and both together were hard for me to execute. Remainder of the path wasn't bad.

8) Ground Zero. Plain luck. That is all.

9) Magnet Training. You had to go the full way, and then you had to get somehow lucky with the magnets. Admittedly hard, but once you understood where the sweet spot is, you got it more than half of the time. Just had to be fast.

10) Swivel. The level layout wasn't that difficult until you had to get all the Time Travels and perform a nasty loop exit directly to the finish. That loop exit by itself is probably one of the toughest challenges you can do, and doing it on a good UT run is even harder.

11) Strategy Climb. Always go fast, and always just barely have the time to finish under the UT no matter what. Definitely one of the hardest ones.

12) Buse Bee... . Had to make a double Super Jump that would just have enough height so you didn't lose too much time on the gems.

13) Wall Master. The UT was always hard on me because of the wall hits to do, then the sign hit, and then doing the run perfectly fast. Overshooting the gems and not having enough speed were two of my biggest problems.

14) Stamina. The level itself doesn't seem hard, but doing it fast was. Always made it to the end with little time left on the clock, until I eventually pulled 4-5 secs better consistently.

15) Loop Exits. One of the harder UTs because you had to do a proper loop exit so you had to exit at a certain spot, and going fast made it hard.

Special Honors (in no order, but all were harder than should be due to no checkpoints, length or some random challenge):
The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper (length), Michael's Final Adventure (tighrope jumping), Rolling to Eternity (fans, SJ/Trapdoor/run back), Ring Stunts (little time), Gym (overall difficulty), Marble Agility Course (****ing small half pipes at the start), Spin Practice (ending), Sprint (had to jump from start platform to the one on the other side), Roll Like the Wind! (trapdoors)

I didn't include the following:
Catwalks. I never had a problem with this level, even with speedrunning. Did I fall off a lot? yes, but that's because I was trying stuff that normally I never would, and UT doesn't need it anyway.
The Ultimate Friction Challenge (UT!). Slightly harder than its MBG version, the ice definitely makes some difference, but not by much.
Cardcaddy's Diamond Collection. Admittedly it IS harder than the MBG version. The reason was I messed up the markers, and they were set on Accelerate instead of Linear. This originally made this version way more difficult than I expected and I wanted to reverse it, but the MBP staff (with Oaky's spearheading this) wanted it to stay as-is. I was going to change the Ultimate Time, having difficulty with the route (the original route was so epic simple, it was a joke). However after 30-45 minutes of play I figured a new route that surprisingly needed little deviation from the original route, and it was still easy. I knew it could easily be improved, and Xelna shows why.
Platform Mayhem. I never found this level hard because the route was simple and pretty obvious. The UT was indeed made with some difficulty in mind, but I did not have *personally* problems with it as long as gems weren't missed badly.
GMC / RUC / DHeights / Combo Course / Treacherous Path / Par Pit / Nuke Field, Battlecube series. Never found these hard. UTs were inflated to make sure they less-experienced players would be able to attain them more easily.
BFinale is stupidly easy. I realised the level way incredibly big when I actually play tested it, and on completion it was extremely long, but even my basic route back then was fast enough that I didn't feel the level being that long. It has virtually no challenge but the tarmac.
Arch Acropolis. Like catwalks, virtually never had problems. I mastered my gyro, yo.
Other levels that people find hard I found easy for various reasons. Go figure. Skillz.

Last edit: 23 Dec 2014 20:18 by IsraeliRD. Reason: So I herd you liek PQ WHERe

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
23 Dec 2014 23:23 #42
Matan is the first one to put in a full 60 votes (other than me, sort of. I put in 57 because MBG Gold Times...) AND with detailed description hahahaha

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
24 Dec 2014 13:20 #43
Less than 15 hours remain to finish your votes. If you haven't and still plan to, now is the time. Voting ends tonight at 10pm EST (3am GMT)

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
24 Dec 2014 17:57 #44
OK, I think the hardest level is Battlecube Finale. Why? Because this level is way too long, the par, platinum, and ultimate times are way too hard, and you need to have ALL the skills to beat the level. Haven't played this level though, it's just how it looks.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
25 Dec 2014 03:02 #45
VOTING CLOSED

I will begin tallying tonight. I will post the final rankings tomorrow.

• Thank you received: 20
25 Dec 2014 03:53 #46
Late post because Frosty was nice and let me post late:

These are generally hardest to easiest, but after the first few, they're all pretty much the same.
Hardest MBG Levels:
1) Pathways: the last one I beat. I still have never beaten it using the intended path, I only use an easier method.
2) Tightropes: enough said - ii's really easy to fall off.
3) Will O Wisp: So weird and confusing the first time I played it.
4) Escher's Race: Slightly above 3-Fold Maze because of the time limit which makes things so much worse.
5) Ski Slopes: This took a lot of time to beat. It's so easy to mess up.
6) Daedelus: ugh. I still fail at this one regularly.
7) Darwin's Dilemma: I still always manage to find a way to mess up here.
8) Three-Fold-Maze: The first time I played this, I was so confused and I spent hours and hours trying to figure this thing out.
9) Battlements: I have bad memories of struggling all the way through this only to be blown off at the very end. I still shudder when I pass that part.
10) Airwalk: I have a lot of trouble getting the gem between the two platforms.
11) Half-Pipe Elite: Likewise, the first gem is difficult to aim at properly.
12) Icarus: I was not good at super bounces as a young marbler.
13) Scaffold: Trapdoors are annoying, enough said.
14) Pinball Wizard: Not all that hard, just big and not very easy to navigate.
15) Eye of the Storm: Getting out of the tornado is the hardest part.

Hardest Gold Times:
1) Will O' The Wisp: Run's gotta be pretty much perfect.
2) Acrobat
3) Escher's Race
4) Dive: The last GT I ever beat.
5) Three-Fold-Maze
6) Tower Maze
7) Freeway Crossing
8) Spork in the Road
9) Pinball Wizard
10) Natural Selection
11) Half-Pipe Elite
12) Tightropes
13) Elevator: took me way longer than it should have
14) Ski Slopes
15) Whirl

Easiest: Shimmy, I beat it first try.

Hardest Platinum:
1) Battlecube Revisited: Haven't beaten it, so I've still gotta rank it at first.
2) The Tale of the Tall Skyscraper: Matan's section with the moving platform that goes to every station is brutal and kills minutes of your time if you fall off.
3) Speed Attack: The challenges just seem to get harder and harder.
4) Space Station: It's sooo long...
5) Morph: The gravity section is the hardest, I needed a video to figure it out. Having no checkpoints sucks.
6) Fighting Slopes: My computer does not like that super-steep slope.
7) Platform Race 2: 10 seconds just barely cuts it.
8) Daedal Helix: It's so hard to get out of that stupid Havoc Zone. I've wasted minutes in there.
9) Trapdoor Mania: This gets progressively harder, especially when you're trying to go fast.
10) Arch Acropolis: Take a guess why...
11) Mastering the Marble: The middle is easy, but the first and last challenges are very difficult for me.
12) Recoil Ultra Course: Again, one challenge can make the whole level seem harder. In this case, it's the super speed wall-hit.
13) Dragged Up: How the HELL was this intermediate???
14) Rolling to Eternity: Very difficult for me as a younger marbler, had to skip over it.
15) Ultimate Friction Challenge: The fan part was very hard before I knew how to do it, and the tornado part still gets me sometimes.

I haven't tried to beat enough MBP Ultimate Times, but I'll be Lightning Ice is in the top because I can barely squeak out the Platinum Time.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
25 Dec 2014 13:50 #47
Level rankings are officially posted! There are a few surprises, so be warned...

• Kalle29
25 Dec 2014 16:12 #48
The big surprise is that Will o wisp is #1 on gold times. I never found it hard to do.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
25 Dec 2014 16:44 #49

Kalle29 wrote: The big surprise is that Will o wisp is #1 on gold times. I never found it hard to do.

Same here! But there are tons of votes promoting it, so it ended up on top just above Half-Pipe Elite.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.860 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.