file Just a random question

• LegoCreator768
  • LegoCreator768's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
20 Dec 2015 16:51 #1
Would it be ok to use music from mods in YouTube videos?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1will2000will1
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
20 Dec 2015 17:05 #2
I would imagine so considering if you record marble blast, the music may be playing anyway, but if unsure, I would PM the owners of the mods in which you are talking about.

Marble Blaster Since 2003
Skype - will99100

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
20 Dec 2015 17:19 #3
Marble Blast Gold is fine because people record live gameplay with the music on anyways.
Marble Blast Platinum's fine for the same reason as gold.
Marble Blast Emerald I don't have the foggiest idea.
Marble Blast Super (like you would use this music in the first place) is fine with me.

Unless you have a strong feeling about using Marble Blast mod's soundtracks, I think using music from YouTube, iTunes, etc is better because we don't hear them as much, a lot of songs just sound better, and there's a wider variety.

I suggest crediting, even if you don't get caught by copyright strike thing.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Dec 2015 19:56 #4

Rozi wrote: Marble Blast Gold is fine because people record live gameplay with the music on anyways.
Marble Blast Platinum's fine for the same reason as gold.
Marble Blast Emerald I don't have the foggiest idea.
Marble Blast Super (like you would use this music in the first place) is fine with me.

Unless you have a strong feeling about using Marble Blast mod's soundtracks, I think using music from YouTube, iTunes, etc is better because we don't hear them as much, a lot of songs just sound better, and there's a wider variety.

I suggest crediting, even if you don't get caught by copyright strike thing.

MBG is fine as long as the copyright holders don't decide to pull things out. With the way music industry is nowadays, say thank you so far they haven't.
MBP is not for the same reason, I didn't know you were a mbp dev that you can make that call. Phil is fine with his music on YouTube and same for the others, but it is up to them. They can say they want the mod to have music, but not on YouTube.
MBE is NOT allowed, as they contracted a person to make the music. Until he gives a confirmation that it is allowed, you can't use it.

Re: music preference, it changes from person to person. I don't like the majority of music this community has (esp the free stuff on youtube/itunes etc), but that's me.

Regarding copyright strikes, the thing is that kids/teens think if they put credits they won't get hit, but they don't realise it's a ROBOT that matches song to what they have on the server and that's all that happens while their video is being processed. Nothing about crediting will avoid you from getting a copyright strike or a video blocked, muted, profited or removed.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.