lock Should MBP Launchers should go back to older versions

• Nathan125
  • Nathan125's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
28 Dec 2015 21:53 #1
I had this thought that since Minecraft Launchers have it were you can go back to the old version. I was thinking that MBP should have the same thing. if you like this as an Idea let meh know.
The topic has been locked.
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
28 Dec 2015 22:01 #2
Currently we do not offer support for older versions of MBP. If we were to offer older version support, there would definitely be no support for these old versions to play online or in multiplayer. If you need an older version of MBP, there are people on the forums who have old versions and could probably send you a copy, but we have no reason to support older versions officially.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
29 Dec 2015 00:04 #3

Nathan125 wrote: if you like this as an Idea let meh know.

That is a really bad idea. Older versions are not officially supported by us have many more bugs in them, and it would make support very bad in helping legitimate requests, since people would be spamming for help with older versions.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Thank you received: 17
31 Dec 2015 07:30 #4
I don't see any real practicality in making older version available via the launcher. I'm going to assume you have gotten this idea from the Minecraft launcher, but there's no real, practical reason for Marble Blast.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
31 Dec 2015 09:22 #5
Locking because we aren't going to.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.930 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.