file DONATION STATUS

• Kalle29
  • Kalle29's Avatar Topic Author
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
25 Feb 2016 03:54 #1
just fyi: less money is lost if you donate all at once - paypal takes part of your donation every time

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsraeliRD, J@ckRB, Three

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
26 Feb 2016 12:15 - 26 Feb 2016 12:17 #2
I took the donations we received, and selected a few ones as representatives as these are numbers everyone is familiar (with couple of exceptions).

Donated amount -> What we receive | PayPal's cut

0.52 -> 0.2 | 0.32 (you know who you are)
1 -> 0.67 | 0.33 (higuy pls)
5 -> 4.52 | 0.48
10 -> 9.34 | 0.66 EDIT: PayPal's fees increased. Right now it's 9.31 that we receive, so 0.69 went to PayPal.
20 -> 18.92 | 1.08
50 -> 47.75 | 2.25 (rozi)
80 -> 76.58 | 3.42 (polarium)
100 -> 96.10 | 3.90 (le_kal)

As you can see, donations of $1 are often supporting PayPal. The higher the amount, the more we get and less fees PayPal takes.
You'd be surprised how many times people donate in the lower amounts (though consistently), not just for us, but also to charities, including big ones.

If it was up to PayPal you should definitely donate in 150 pieces though.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 12:17 by IsraeliRD. Reason: PayPal money wh0r1ng
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Kalle29, tporter, Rock, Polarium

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.797 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.