file Why... WHY...

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
15 Nov 2016 00:45 - 15 Nov 2016 00:45 #1
I just logged onto Marble Blast Platinum for the first time in years, and I was very glad that Rozi provoked me to come back. Everything was going well for a while, and I was having fun talking to Rozi, Weather, and some other cool users.

However, it occurred last night where Kurt begins to make fun of my name for something it's not -- the chain of adult drinks and him thinking it meant that.
Nobody joins in and starts to harass me and join in on the fun along with Kurt. I begin to take this seriously as they claim it's a joke, but on the internet, I cannot tell very well if something is a joke or not (in messaging, in text, etc.)

After some time quarreling with them and making sure that I just continued to play the game, asking them to stop making fun of my name AND telling them to not waste my time and theirs any longer, they still continued to make fun of my name in the most OBSCENE of ways, so I veered off for the night, and I come back on this afternoon, and Kurt logs in, doesn't do anything, and logs out. Nobody, comes back on, says "joj", which seems to be a running thing here and I really don't get what it seems to mean, and he then comments "Jiquor the Liquor" or something like that and logs out.

I then comment openly that I told him to stop using my name offensively and to not call me something I am not, and I explain to Weather what's been going on. He claims that I shouldn't take it personally, but of all the things I like to joke around about, my username is something I get ticked off about, because it sounds like something it's not.

>> JIQUOR MEANS NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING, CONNECTED TO THE ADULT DRINKS SERVED AROUND THE WORLD.
>> IT'S ANCIENT SCOTTISH FOR "FIGHTER", as I read at the Orcney Museum in Scotland with my dad's college retreat (I went along) in 2014.

So therefore, I exploded, and logged out, telling Nobody how much of a jerk he is to me along with Kurt and how they could be talking about me behind their back a lot... and I don't think if I "ignore" them they will leave me alone...

I thought I was going to come back to MBP after 5 years.
I give up... This is what I get, at least everyone else is nice... :/

Farewell
- Dignity

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2016 00:45 by Jiquor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
15 Nov 2016 01:17 #2
Hey,

I can understand that these people are annoying you. I get that they kept bothering you even after you asked them to knock it off. What I don't quite get is just how upset you're getting over this. We even said in chat (when you were around) that we'd stop people who kept it up, what more do you want?

I'll apologize for the lack of a block button on MBP's chat (one was intended but I don't think it works at all), but you should be able to play the game without having to read chat (press Y ingame to hide it, or just play offline). Just realize that every time you get upset it just draws more attention to the problem. Learn that sometimes people say stuff, and you should just ignore it/them entirely. They'll give up eventually, and even if they don't you shouldn't waste your time caring about them.

Anyway that all applies to webchat. On the unofficial Discord (which I see you made the... interesting ... decision of joining again) anything goes.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, Derpky, Frostfire, Nockess

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
15 Nov 2016 01:34 #3
Might as well quote what I said on Discord even though many people have seen it before...

Well, I said this before. Just because a big part of this community is making fun of each other without meaning any hate doesn't make it right for someone to make fun of someone else if they haven't said their okay with it. Jiquor clearly stated that he did not appreciate the names he was being called, and a couple people kept going. I see perfect reason to be mad, but honestly I think he Jiquor overreacted a little bit. Like HiGuy said, getting super mad like you did earlier just makes a scene. That's just one of the core parts of any community. People get pissed. People get in trouble. I've been *that* close to being banned because I wasn't thinking straight, and my response was just to lay low for a while.

There's no point in leaving. No one WANTED you to leave in the first place. If you really want to, be our guest, though some people enjoy your activity here.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
15 Nov 2016 04:45 #4

Jiquor wrote: So therefore, I exploded, and logged out, telling Nobody how much of a jerk he is to me along with Kurt and how they could be talking about me behind their back a lot

I was not going to comment here but for this line, because I think it needs to be said nobody and kurt are many things, but definitely not jerks. Do they want to have a good time? Yes. Will they have their fun at other people's expense? Absolutely. Do they mean any harm by it? No. Judging by what you've written here, you reacted quite a lot to their teasing, and that would indeed provoke them to continue. While I agree (and I think they do too) that they sometimes fail to draw the line in the right place, there is no reason to let them stop you from coming on to MBP.
And trust me, I know, I am the ultimate come discord subject :^)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, hPerks, Nockess, eblu

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.