file I now plan to finish MBStop II faster than I thought I had hoped!

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
17 Dec 2016 05:08 #1
Working on up to ten levels a day, especially with a two month break I have at the current moment (*yay!*) I will pay attention to MBStop and my shifts at work.

Still paying attention to texturing and quality as much as possible, I plan to work on up to ten levels a day. If I did ten levels a day, we would finish this modification under 6 months or even less.

Thank you for the support everyone on my project, it's super helpful that we have a (98%) very nice community here (you know who you are for the people who have rudely criticized me). =)
Stay tuned.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PacPlayer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
17 Dec 2016 05:48 #2
I don't know what else to say other than that you clearly have a "more levels = good" mentality. I've been working on the same singular level for PQ for over two weeks now. I can guarantee you that if you produce 10 levels per day, they will not be good at all, in any way.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowbody, Kalle29, Nockess, Xedron

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
17 Dec 2016 06:10 #3
yeah you're right, i think i should slow down
i'm pretty much working on 3 a day anyways

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
17 Dec 2016 06:27 #4
I know you want to get this mod done but even 3 a day is far too much. My shortest interval between two levels in PQ was just over a week, and in the summer of 2015, I released a level about once a week as well, if you want an example. This is why 500 levels really... isn't going to cut it.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowbody, Xedron

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
17 Dec 2016 06:38 - 17 Dec 2016 06:38 #5

Threefolder wrote: I know you want to get this mod done but even 3 a day is far too much. My shortest interval between two levels in PQ was just over a week, and in the summer of 2015, I released a level about once a week as well, if you want an example. This is why 500 levels really... isn't going to cut it.

eh it might not cut it for you but i guess we'll just have to see where it takes us!

yet three a day is better than 10 a day rofl

Last edit: 17 Dec 2016 06:38 by Jiquor.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
17 Dec 2016 06:57 #6
Remember all those tricks (mainly texturing) I taught you on building levels. I know you're focused on this idea that gameplay > appearance, and that's true for the majority of the time. However I can promise you that appearance can go a long, long way, because an interior with good texturing looks a lot more professional than an interior made by someone who's too lazy and doesn't care enough about how much pleasure a level can bring to one's eyes. Imagine how PQ would look like if it didn't have all those extra .dts objects. It would look kinda bland, right? Yes, static shapes are way different than textures, but I know you're smart enough to find a similarity between the two.

I can make a pretty fair quality level in a day with enough focus. A very good looking level can take around 2 days. I know, if you're making one level every two days, that'll take like 3 years to reach your expectations. That's just how it works. People will have more respect for you as a level builder if you take the time to make a good level, even if they don't say it much. Ask yourself this though...

Would you rather have people not mention the looks of a good looking level that took longer to make, or would you rather have people complain or point out errors left and right for levels with a poor appearance, just because you rushed to finish the job?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
17 Dec 2016 07:13 - 17 Dec 2016 07:20 #7

Jiquor wrote: it's free thank yous and free karma increases from me =) and you're sure getting a lot of thank yous and increases from me bro :D

Warning: Spoiler!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 17 Dec 2016 07:20 by Nockess. Reason: k

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.904 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.