lightbulb Bronze , Silver , Gold , Diamond and Uranium Marble Rewards?

• Connie
  • Connie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
  • Thank you received: 64
19 Dec 2016 18:41 - 19 Dec 2016 18:43 #1
Hi Alex here!
I always wondered:"Cloud there be a Marble Blast Marble reward for Speed Runing Or Collecting a Number of gems in Gem Hunt?"
So I made this topic to let the admins know about this idea.
Here's my milestones:
Bronze=100,000 gems
Silver = 150,000 gems
Gold = 250.000 gems
Diamond = 550.000 gems
Uranium = 900.000 gems

This Rewards should be send VIA Achievements and Flairs

For the best Marble Blast levels, head over to:
- marbleland.vaniverse.io/pack/18

connieofro.neocities.org/

[img

Last edit: 19 Dec 2016 18:43 by Connie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
19 Dec 2016 18:50 #2
I guess not a bad idea, I'd just need to think about it some more.

The first thing that came to mind: 900,000 gems is A LOT. It's a lot more than you think. Fubar has an achievement/task where you get a gem flair one you get 25,000 gems (Robert and Weather have the flair). 25,000 is still quite a lot, and multiplying that total by 36 (to get 900,000) makes it unbelievably ridiculous. There are already multiplayer achievements for 15,000 and 30,000 gems collected, and that's annoying enough to get.

I'd seriously cut down the number of gems needed to get these achievements (probably just divide all of them by 10 or something like 8), but other than that I'm good with this idea. It's always nice to have more flairs. :P

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Ralph

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
19 Dec 2016 20:31 - 19 Dec 2016 20:32 #3
There are already achievements for collecting Gems in Multiplayer modes, as Rozi started to say -- one for 5,000 reds, one for 2,000 yellows, and one for 400 blues, one for 15,000 total gems, and one for 30,000 total points.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
Last edit: 19 Dec 2016 20:32 by Three.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
20 Dec 2016 04:54 #4
Fun trivia: those achievements were originally harder; we made them easier upon realizing how much effort people would need to earn them. Even now they're rather difficult.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
20 Dec 2016 18:40 #5
These gem counts definitely need to be lowered. Let's take this into perspective:

King of the Ring's WR is 191 gems, and KOTR lasts 3 minutes. Assuming that you get the WR every time, 100,000 gems will take you:

100,000 ÷ 191 ≈ 524 times
524 * 3 = 1,572 minutes. That's a day and two hours of constant playing. No breaks!
This is also assuming that you get the WR every single time and that you play without taking a single break, which is very unrealistic.
If you play for 2 hours a day, the time it takes is a more realistic 13 days.

How about 900,000 gems?
13 * 9 = 117 days of playing constantly for 2 hours a day.

By no means am I saying that this is a bad idea. All I'm saying is that the goals are a bit unrealistic, and they should be lowered.

P.S. "Emerald" seems a tad more fitting than Uranium.

Signature

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
20 Dec 2016 19:10 #6
In my opinion there shuld just be Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Dec 2016 19:31 - 20 Dec 2016 19:33 #7
CylinderKnot you're missing the fact that these values only count on VERSUS mode, not in practice mode. Therefore your calculations are way off.

As HiGuy said, we actually had the original MP values much higher, and we actually tested (back then) on how many games of Multiplayer it would take Jeff, HiGuy and myself after 220 matches, with Jeff having the least (~50 games at most). These gave us an actual look into how many gems each of us got (red/yellow/blue/total gems/total points). These values were then noted to be checked later on during first and second betas in order to be changed if necessary.

(Based on memory, sorry):
A more beginner player like Jeff would have taken ~800-1000 matches to get the red gems achievement, and roughly 2,000 matches to get to the total points achievements.
HiGuy (advanced player) would have taken roughly 350-400 matches to get the red gems achievements, and up to 1,250 matches or so to get the total points achievements.
Myself (a high-end player) actually beat already the red gems achievement (200 matches, so even earlier!), almost got the yellow and was well ahead on blue ones too. The total gems was hitting at 600th match point and the total point at 750 or so matches.

This led to the current values (which threefolder said but I'll repost below):
5,000 reds
2,000 yellows
400 blues
15,000 total gems
30,000 total points

Which looked at HiGuy's level and slightly worse. We knew that people would play for longer than a year so even a casual would have been fine.
Nonetheless the file itself also mentioned easier values (which would have shaved off roughly 150 matches for each player):

3,000 reds
1,500 yellows
200 blues
12,000 total gems
25,000 total points

These were proposed to be looked at during the betas and while somewhat happened, it never got into serious consideration since we were happy with the beta results to have the current values.

And the original ones?
10,000 reds
2,500 yellows
1,000 blues
100,000 total gems
250,000 total points

That would have taken roughly 7,500 matches for me to hit the total points achievement. I'll let you think up how much it would have been for Jeff.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2016 19:33 by IsraeliRD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blasted, Three, Nockess

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
20 Dec 2016 20:02 - 20 Dec 2016 20:02 #8
This info could explain why it said I had 5000 red gems before the day I earned the achievement of getting said amount in December 11th, because I've been solo on multiplayer recently. Or maybe the amount of red gems I've gotton during solo time didn't count and had a versus match in December 11th.

Regardless, thank you for the info.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2016 20:02 by Blasted. Reason: Gem color identifying.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.