times Platform Race sucks.

• eblu
  • eblu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
29 Dec 2016 03:52 #1
Who thought it was a good idea to put a wallhit there on the Colored Blocks from Hell floor?
Why tightropes?
Why awkwardly placed bumpers and nukes?
Why icy slopes?
Why this?

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 406
29 Dec 2016 03:54 #2
Platform Race took me weeks to beat.

Won't Platform Race 2 be so much fun? Can you feel the pressure?

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
29 Dec 2016 03:57 #3
I would say do a traplaunch, but there's two of them needed and they're hard.
I'd just skip Platform Race (and Platform Race 2 once you get to that point) until you get sincerely better. Probably to the point where you finish maybe half of MBP's expert levels.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
29 Dec 2016 04:16 - 29 Dec 2016 20:09 #4
#===========================#
# MBP Advanced #9: Platform Race #
#===========================#

+======-======+
+[ Difficulty: 6/10 ]+
+======-======+
Morph is much harder.

DISCLAIMER: You do not need to do any trap launching to win. Any MBP level is possible without doing any.

(Thank you for reminding me to do text art, eboyblue3.)

I decided to play through the level a couple times to remember what exactly this is about, and I now remember this.

For the first challenge, you have to jump up a few platforms and grab the jump boost and nab the gem. However, I wait for the jump boost to respawn and grab it, and then I gun it at ludicrous speed to the platform. Trust me; this will make the level much easier just in case you are late to the platform or need to save yourself or make a challenge easier.

For the second challenge, you have to do wall hits on colored blocks. Normally, I use the jump boost here since I don't know the route, but I figured it out. If you're good at doing wall hits, go to the far middle block, do a wall hit off the far right, and land on top of the left middle. If you have trouble with wall hits, use the jump boost here.

For the third challenge, you have to go along trim with a size of 1.0. You have plenty of time for this, for this segment is the shortest of all five. If you fall off, you're better off restarting the level rather than using your jump boost.

On the fourth challenge, carefully navigate toward the tornado. Once you reach the base of the tornado, immediately start holding S, and you will land on the gem. Charge back while avoiding the various hazards, especially the nukes.

For the fifth challenge, you need to go on icy platforms and climb carpet. If you haven't used your jump boost yet, use it here since this is the hardest challenge of them all. If you are a daredevil, rush for the gem by doing one jump while gaining spin toward the carpet slope, and you should get the gem if you control yourself; otherwise, use the jump boost somewhere along the way. If you did not use the jump boost, and you have all five gems and are on the platform, use the jump boost to nab the UT, which I was 0.01 seconds away from beating in offline mode.

Signature
Last edit: 29 Dec 2016 20:09 by CylinderKnot. Reason: Adding disclaimer
The following user(s) said Thank You: eblu

• eblu
  • eblu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
29 Dec 2016 04:25 #5

CylinderKnot wrote:

oh man, we're getting gamefaqs up in here

all we need now is some fancy ASCII art

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
29 Dec 2016 16:56 - 29 Dec 2016 16:57 #6
You know what's harder than pulling a traplaunch?

Getting the correct height, spin, direction, speed and aim. Mind that and you can beat all the levels that requires traplaunching... just like Platform Race.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Last edit: 29 Dec 2016 16:57 by Ralph.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.907 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.