file Custom Level Building

• theturk1234
  • theturk1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 7
14 Jun 2017 23:11 #1
Hi all!

In case anyone has not met me, I've been around MB for about half a year. I've become interested mainly in MP(for the moment). I can play MP solo for hours and hours :)

My question to you is: How do I create my own custom levels?

Some sub-questions would be which tools/programs you use, and how to publish the level and the format it should be in.

If someone could give me a crash course in custom level building, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

theturk1234
AKA Turkey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
15 Jun 2017 00:57 #2
Torque constructor is used to make interiors, level editor is used to put items and stuff on the interior, for the most part. First you'll need to download constructor here www.garagegames.com/products/constructor and put the game's textures into it, however my mind is rotting and ive forgotten how to insert the textures. Once you've done that i can help you out with making an actual level
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
15 Jun 2017 01:17 #3
Creating custom levels can be quite easy (It'll still take a while.) once you do it a couple times. I'll give you a short and sweet walkthrough of everything you asked for.

I'll start with actually making the levels. As you probably know, there are two different ways to do this (there's two more that I can think of but they're either too complicated, no one likes it, or both). The first is simply using the level editor to create your level, and the other way is using Constructor to create a custom interior.

The level editor is pretty easy to use. There's a lot to explain, so I'll link you to Matan's guide. Note that it's from 2007, so it's pretty old, however I'm pretty sure it's the best we have. Come ask me (or someone else) if there's something you don't understand.
Constructor is a bit trickier to use, but thankfully there are plenty of tutorials scattered around the forums and quite a few of them (if not all) are very detailed and easy to understand. If you visit the Level Building & Quark/Constructor sub-forum, you'll find the tutorials there. Basically all of the good ones are stickied.

To finish answering your question, the other two programs are QuArK and Sledge. However I would suggest using either the level editor or Constructor instead of QuArK and Sledge because of the reasons mentioned above. I unfortunately can't find any tutorial on the forums for QuArK, and the only thing I can find related to Sledge is this thread created by Stiffy360.

Publishing levels is pretty easy. All you really need to do is create a .zip file containing your level's misison file, the level image (quick shortcut for this is using Ctrl+L in your level), and the custom interior that you created (if there is one) and upload the .zip to a site like Mediafire or Mega followed by sharing a download link.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xedron, theturk1234

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
15 Jun 2017 04:48 #4
Uh, excuse me, I think you're forgetting the OG QuArK tutorial.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, Xedron, theturk1234

• Thank you received: 368
20 Jun 2017 01:08 #5
Not going to lie, the video Kalle linked above (in addition to a personal one-on-one call with IsraeliRD) is where I learned everything I know about level building. I exclusively use QuArK because I'm old school.

~Aayrl

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.