times Fake Zuma Marble Blast Games

• kevinator65
  • kevinator65's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • we finna ball
  • Thank you received: 8
04 Jan 2018 13:27 #1
So I've been scrolling the internet and been seeing some images of Zuma, instead they were named "Marble Blast 3," "Marble Blast Ultra" "Marble Blast Return" and i think that these games are illegal.

If these images are really illegal, please let me know so i can remove these images.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
04 Jan 2018 18:14 #2
"Marble Blast" is not a registered trademark. Anyone can use the name. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: obee58, kevinator65

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
04 Jan 2018 22:17 #3
It rather angers me to see the name "Marble Blast" being used for an unaffiliated product (I mean, why are there TWO Marble Blast Ultras?!) I wish IAC (or any other owner) would order them to change the name.
Moral of the story: when coming up with a name for a project, make sure that that name isn't taken!

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
04 Jan 2018 23:05 - 04 Jan 2018 23:08 #4
Yeah, if "Marble Blast" is not a registered trademark, then people can name other games "Marble Blast".

Even if it was, though, unless the other "Marble Blast" could be easily confused for the real thing, then I don't think it matters. And while both "Marble Blast" titles are video games, the gameplay is extremely different so they might be distinguishable enough for the trademark to not matter.

Also IAC doesn't seem to care at all about Marble Blast anyway, since they have done absolutely nothing about the fact that you can download Marble Blast Gold and Marble Blast Ultra for free on the Internet. And considering that they have supposedly owned the rights to the game for 7 years now, it's highly unlikely that they will ever do anything. After all, IAC owns so many IPs that actually generate revenue, so I wouldn't be surprised if they completely forgot that they own the rights to Marble Blast.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2018 23:08 by Battlecube314.

• Zavist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2018 05:23 - 05 Jan 2018 05:23 #5
[strike]What if they remembered/found out?[/strike]
Last edit: 05 Jan 2018 05:23 by Zavist.

• kevinator65
  • kevinator65's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • we finna ball
08 Jan 2018 18:24 - 08 Jan 2018 18:27 #6
Oh ok. I wasn't sure that if the games were illegal or not. I was just curious.
If IAC owns the and doesn't care about them...why get the game's IP first of all? I find that stupid.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2018 18:27 by kevinator65.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.909 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.