file Batteries

• Puppydog415
  • Puppydog415's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 14
05 Dec 2021 17:36 - 05 Dec 2021 17:37 #1
I Really Like Tripe AAA, Double AA, Batteries And IPad Batteries Running Down Because Of Google Earth Or Photoshop

I Really Like Batteries
IPad Battery

Last edit: 05 Dec 2021 17:37 by Puppydog415.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 406
05 Dec 2021 18:33 #2
My childhood post-2011 was built on rechargeable AA batteries for the Wii remotes and Wii Balance Board. We played a lot of Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort (in fact, we still do), and we were constantly having to recharge the batteries.

We started off with two battery chargers, each of which had space for four AA or AAA batteries. Interestingly, we did have one pair of rechargeable AAA batteries, which I used for things like a magnetic digital timer on the refrigerator or a rain gauge (back when I was woefully ignorant of the existence of all-in-one weather stations with internet connectivity). But we primarily used the AA batteries in the charger, until someone stepped on it and broke the plug of one of them. Then we had to use the other one for a while, which was considerably lower quality and eventually just stopped working altogether. So for a few months, I was unsure of how to charge my several pairs of rechargeable AA batteries.

Until, like a miracle, in 2020, I bought myself an upgraded weather station. By this point, I was due for an upgrade, but I wanted more than just that. So I bought an air quality sensor. And you guessed it—it ran on AA batteries. But not only that, it actually charges them too! And I found that out by accident! (Yes yes, I could have just read the instructions, but usually I consider that to be an unnecessary step.) So now I charge the AA batteries in the air quality sensor outside whenever they need it. And yes, the sensor still works when charging the batteries, because it's always plugged into the wall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puppydog415

• Thank you received: 17
06 Dec 2021 22:49 #3
Is it just me, or were rechargeable batteries and their chargers way more common about 10 years ago? I tried going out and buying some earlier this year, and didn't really find anything good. I'll probably just blame that on the fact that Nintendo and PlayStation controllers don't really use expendable batteries anymore (Xbox actually still does, interestingly enough).

It's a real shame, because I used to have a charger back then, but it's been lost to time.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.