file BREAKING NEWS: MSN will be REMOVED in April 2013!

• Thank you received: 17
11 Apr 2013 05:22 #31
Apr 10, 2013, 10:15pm, aayrl wrote:
Apr 10, 2013, 10:12pm, lcf wrote:

Well. Skype is for video communication... I don't see why Microsoft would replace messaging with video communication.

From what I recall, Microsoft landed some merging deal with Skype since their video conferencing services were far superior to the stuff Microsoft was developing for Windows Live. Skype has become the 'free' web conference standard, and Microsoft decided to simply include Skype's software with copies of Windows 8, namely their new line of their snazzy tablets, rather than wasting resources developing an inferior one, in an attempt to appeal to the mobile users and tap into the 'mobile/tablet' market.

Microsoft is only good at developing computers, their tablets will never defeat the iPad, but Google might not make it as well as Apple...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
11 Apr 2013 06:05 #32
Plus, currently there are only a few millions active users on MSN (whereas in the previous decade this was double digits easily), whereas skype now has the numbers MSN once enjoyed. So by putting MSN users into Skype they gain a few more millions.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 2
12 Apr 2013 01:00 #33
In all honesty this a good thing. I've seen way too many companies try to create their own version of something popular to try to take it over and fail (*cough*Bing*coughcough*).

Anyway, does anyone know which countries they are merging from MSN to Skype first? If it's going to take several weeks for the full merge there may be a bit of confusion.

• Thank you received: 368
12 Apr 2013 02:07 #34
My assumption would be the United States and parts of Europe will be the first database merges, since they're most likely the easiest to access and contain a larger portion of the total user population.

~Aayrl

14 Apr 2013 23:07 #35
I don't even use MSN ( ) but I think they use these type emotes, right?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 Apr 2013 21:04 #36
My msn is now gone, as it has notified me to upgrade to skype. I have my own personal skype. some of you know it. i ask that you do not give it out to others, please.

It's been a great time talking to all of you on msn.

~Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
24 Apr 2013 04:33 #37
Damn.

*salutes our fallen warrior*

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Apr 2013 01:24 #38
I fell too, sorry all. Cyas on skype!

• Thank you received: 0
27 Apr 2013 13:35 #39
I Got Steam IsreselRD Add me = Jack270478

• Thank you received: 0
27 Apr 2013 13:35 #40

05 May 2013 18:16 #41
Damn it. Msft just had to get rid of MSN. It had lasted so long.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.021 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.