file Speedrunning

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
10 Nov 2013 02:35 #1
Does anyone speedrun games? I love watching them but I've never done it. I'm not great at games, but there are 2 games ive played since i was about 4 years old which is harry potter 1 and 2 for the computer. I remember every thing in the game and i want to see how fast i can actually beat the game. So i was thinking of speed running it. Would any of you like to see me speedrun it? I would livestream it if any of you would actually be interested in stopping by. Even for a minute or two. If you're interested.
But do any of you speedrun id love to hear about it, (and im talking besides marble blast btw).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
10 Nov 2013 03:34 #2
We speedrun Marble Blast

But yes, a few of us do speedrun other games. Pascal/Xelna for example speedruns Zelda games (ALTTP right now), Lufia 2 (on his bucket list) and others.
I speedrun Theme Park Inc (you can see it on my YouTube playlist), and have restarted in March my speedrun again, I will in fact upload progress in the next couple of days. I also did some Tool-Assisted Speedruns (TAS), which use emulators and save-states in order to create the best possible speedruns there are, literally as perfect as can be and beyond human reach.

A couple of excellent sites for you:
- SpeedRunsLive (SRL), which is a stream/leaderboard/race site where you can race people live on games.
- Speed Demos Archive (SDA), which you might have heard of from the MBG WR Rampages, especially with #3 since we have Audio Commentary of both Pascal and I on the full-level runs.
I'm actually involved with SDA, being their official timing person, so I watch all speedruns submitted that were verified and accepted to SDA, and give back the time of the speedrun. I probably timed a couple hundred games or more, and definitely have done almost double the amount of runs.

SDA also has a gamepage with all the speedruns, CLICK HERE, so you can see which games have runs on SDA. Note that SDA is high-quality videos, so things like twitch/xsplit recordings aren't accepted. If the times seem old (see Zelda, Mario 64) it's because people don't want to submit, saying that by the time it hits front page, their run will already be obsolete. Of course that's the wrong thinking, because SDA doesn't care if you hold the WR or not, it only hosts the fastest runs submitted to SDA, regardless of faster runs being out there.

If you look on SDA's gamelist you'll see both Harry Potter 1 and 2 already having speedruns on it, so you might be able to pick a few thing. I know I've timed recently Prisoner of Azkaban so that one will come in soon I guess.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
10 Nov 2013 03:47 #3
Thanks for the links Matan! It'll keep me occupied for a while I think. And I'll be sure to check out your Theme Park Inc speedruns.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.852 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.