file HELP!What Windows 10 computer is Fast and smooth?

• HypedForReal
  • HypedForReal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Most bored person in forum
  • Thank you received: 0
04 Dec 2015 22:59 - 05 Dec 2015 02:49 #1
I am reposting this because my darn ipad is just not posting the topics.
I need help what computer is fast and smooth because like 4 years ago i got scammed because i bought a 200$ windows 7 laptop on best buy and when i first got into it,it was very slow and very laggy and i couldint access the web or anything on the windows 7 laptop!Like i dont want to get scammed on buying a 379$ windows 10 desktop because my dad will get very mad if he just wasted so much money on a computer i want to get.Please help!I am planning to get a windows 10 desktop for my birthday.
Last edit: 05 Dec 2015 02:49 by HypedForReal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1will2000will1
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
04 Dec 2015 23:03 #2
Its not technically a scam, you get what you pay for and they have all of the specs on whatever stores website it is. As for getting a new computer, what exactly were you thinking? What games? How much are you willing to pay? You also need to keep in mind you should get virus protection.

Marble Blaster Since 2003
Skype - will99100

• Thank you received: 401
04 Dec 2015 23:51 #3
Do you want a desktop or a laptop? I'm confused.

One thing that you need to realize is that you get what you pay for when it comes to computers. I'm sorry, but spending $200 on a computer is not much at all. You will need to spend much more than that if you want something which runs smoothly.

That being said, here is a $379.99 laptop that you might be able to find at Best Buy which should work pretty well for you . It has a Core i3 processor (which is much faster than many other laptops in that price range), a nice-sized screen, 6 GB of RAM, and 1 TB of hard drive space. You should easily be able to play Marble Blast on this.

Please don't buy that just because I linked you to it, though, because I'm not going to be held accountable if you end up not liking it. I'm just showing you an example of what a good buy might be. Please read reviews, make your own decisions, and talk with your parents about what you might be looking for before impulse buying anything.

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, J@ckRB

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
05 Dec 2015 02:20 #4
well now i want a desktop because my dad wants one

05 Dec 2015 03:16 #5

HopeNotToGetScammed wrote: well now i want a desktop because my dad wants one

What's the most that you're willing to pay for one? Is building one yourself OK, or do you need a prebuilt?

"You know you've spelled something wrong when the only search results are Jeff convos" - HiGuy

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
05 Dec 2015 04:23 #6
well im not rich i dont even know how to build a computer

• Thank you received: 17
05 Dec 2015 21:18 #7

HopeNotToGetScammed wrote: well im not rich i dont even know how to build a computer

If you can give the maximum you can spend on a computer, we can try to find some desktops that can run Marble Blast at that price or lower.

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
06 Dec 2015 00:12 #8
well what i found on my mail is there was a computer that is 379$

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
06 Dec 2015 01:05 - 06 Dec 2015 01:06 #9
I'd just like to put something out there.

Two years ago, I had been running Marble Blast just fine on an archaic Windows XP machine, 512mb RAM and a 30gb HDD. Processor was garbage and so was the video card. But it ran great. I couldn't record, necessarily, but understand that Marble Blast was designed to run on a similar machine. So, having said that, Marble Blast is going to run fine on anything you buy (I won't say the same about PQ necessarily, because of shaders and whatever else they jacked up the game with). Based on how you've worded your first post, that's what you're looking for.

Perhaps you don't conclude this as an answer to your question. Well I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that nobody will be able to answer you except yourself. Specs really mean nothing if price/availability are your main factors. You won't get a high-end computer for anything less than $600-800 (that's just a guess, but it doesn't matter since that's out of your price range anyway as you indicated. If that guess is wrong, then the price would be even higher). How about, instead of us giving you endless options of things you could buy for $379 (which is a hell of a lot), may I advise you to find something you like, and post back what you like about it? Have a look at the specifications. Take a look at the monitor. Check out the presentation. Do your own research and find something that you like, because ultimately it is your decision. We can't really help you if you don't know what you're looking for, nor can we be accountable for something you buy that you don't end up liking.

Also, you weren't really "scammed", per se. You didn't really provide any helpful information about that laptop, so chances are you may have bought it without knowing exactly what you bought. That would have been your first mistake.

HopeNotToGetScammed wrote: well im not rich i dont even know how to build a computer

Also, just want to add here that the amount of wealth you possess does not equate to the level of knowledge you have. You don't need to have a lot of money to do some research online.

Also, some sage advice: Always plan for a change of plans.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 01:06 by Joey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, J@ckRB, Three, Enigma, Derpky

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
06 Dec 2015 06:01 - 06 Dec 2015 06:02 #10
how was i not scammed?when wasted 200$ on a useless computer that cannot access anything and best buy will not let me sell my windows 7 laptop because how 100% useless it is and i couldint get my 200$ back.
and thats why im asking this question because i dont want this to happen again to my dad.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 06:02 by HypedForReal.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
06 Dec 2015 06:06 #11
I know $200 sounds like a lot. But when it comes to getting a good computer, $200 isn't enough :(

I have a suggestion for you. Search around online with some specs, and post back here your findings and ask us what we think about the machines for our opinions. That way you can learn a bit about computer hardware, and we can help you so you don't waste money :)

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derpky

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
08 Dec 2015 02:56 #12
well do those tower thingy make a new desktop faster?

08 Dec 2015 03:47 #13

HopeNotToGetScammed wrote: well do those tower thingy make a new desktop faster?

The "tower thingy" is the computer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Derpky

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
09 Dec 2015 05:50 #14
Well this is the one I want,sorry for blurry image
Attachments:

09 Dec 2015 19:04 #15

HopeNotToGetScammed wrote: Well this is the one I want,sorry for blurry image

That isn't bad. Keep in mind that it doesn't come with a monitor from what I can tell. If you don't have one already, that will likely cost you another $100 at least.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

09 Dec 2015 21:26 #16

HopeNotToGetScammed wrote: Well this is the one I want,sorry for blurry image

Should fare pretty well. I used an i5 processor for years, didn't have much problems. 8 GB RAM is good for multipurpose use, and a 1TB hard drive is nice. Like Derpking said, it appears to come without a monitor. If you do want a nice monitor (there are cheaper ones, but they are nowhere next to high quality), you will have to pay at least $100, like said.

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
11 Dec 2015 02:24 #17
well 8 days left till my birthday please send me a link of a desktop and tower under 400$ i seriously need help! :ohmy:

11 Dec 2015 08:41 - 11 Dec 2015 09:02 #18
NOTE: I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BUY THIS AND ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH IT. I HAVE NEVER USED ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS THAT I LINKED YOU TO, AND I AM ONLY RECOMMENDING THEM TO YOU BASED ON INFORMATION I HAVE FOUND ONLINE. YOU SHOULD EVALUATE THESE ON YOUR OWN BEFORE PURCHASING.

Getting a good desktop and monitor for under $400 is difficult, but here's what I've been able to find. Lenovo has a really good deal on the H50 if you buy it through their site. This includes a 4th-generation Intel Pentium processor with 4GB of RAM and 500GB of hard drive space. I would think that Marble Blast should run fine on this...

Desktop: Lenovo H50-50 - 90B700EHUS - Black: Web Special ($229.99 with SANTADEAL25 coupon)
Monitor: HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor ($99.99)
HDMI Cable: AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) ($5.02)

Total: $335

Not bad. :)

Lenovo doesn't specifically state that this computer has an HDMI output, but if it is indeed an H50-50 model then it should according to the user manual they have linked online. Also, this might not come with Windows 10 out-of-the-box, but you should be able to upgrade to it for free.

Last edit: 11 Dec 2015 09:02 by Derpky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, Kalle29, J@ckRB, Three, Enigma

• HypedForReal
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
12 Dec 2015 00:33 #19
Ok thanks DerpKing! :)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.975 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.