file My First MB Rampage

• NaCl586
  • NaCl586's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
08 Aug 2011 11:27 #1
Yep , title says all. Im going to make a MBEmerald Rampage that includes all levels in Simple,Difficult,and Pro. I think the rampage need approx 2 weeks so stay tuned for it. Some of the path are using WR and some is not (beginners). I decided to make it because i have fraps, and Im not have any ideas again for making level.

I'll start my rampage after completely recreate Grassland Hopping (u must know what level is that).

All rampage is not using MBE songs but it use Zelda and Sonic songs.

Stay tuned for it.

~Gerson Natanael

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
08 Aug 2011 12:57 #2
When I hear rampage, I immediately know that the person making it should be aware of the expectations it has to live up to. Looking forward to it, and lets see how many new WRs you can hit, or 2-3 places, this means I better think about playing Pro levels soon, so as to improve the horrible times I have on especially the Pro levels as they were just about me finishing the levels and barely beating the Emerald Times, and make it more challenging for you!

Good luck, hope to hear updates of your progress.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
08 Aug 2011 13:02 #3
The levels target is beating the emerald times or make few diffrences with the emerald times. But if i can beat the emerald time , i'll try to beat it.

Today progress : Simple difficulty is on editing , 2/3 of levels that i play is under emerald time.

• Thank you received: 18
08 Aug 2011 14:57 #4
Looking forward to it if you're up to the challenge.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
08 Aug 2011 17:19 #5
Simple is completed and i'll upload it tommorow. from 26 levels , approx they're 14 levels that under the emerald time

• Thank you received: 0
09 Aug 2011 00:42 #6
Yeah... as already said, a rampage isn't really a rampage if you haven't at least got all emerald times and then some. I suggest you enlist the help of others, it will help.

• Thank you received: 14
09 Aug 2011 02:37 #7
Aug 8, 2011, 5:57am, dushine wrote:When I hear rampage, I immediately know that the person making it should be aware of the expectations it has to live up to.
Aug 8, 2011, 5:42pm, william59 wrote:Yeah... as already said, a rampage isn't really a rampage if you haven't at least got all emerald times and then some. I suggest you enlist the help of others, it will help.I would have to agree here. That's why I consider neither my original No Gems compilation or my in-progress 2nd one to be no gems WR Rampages (although the 2nd one is closer).

Also, I would recommend spending much more time than 2 weeks on it (especially since you currently have 14/26 Emerald times on one difficulty level). I spent 3 months on my Marble Blast No Gems compilation (166 levels) and that wasn't even a rampage. MBP WRR2 took close to 3 months and MBG WRR2 took 5 months, and both were with multiple people. I'd recommend 1-1.5 months minimum for a 60 level WR Rampage, with additional time as needed for harder levels.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
09 Aug 2011 11:12 #8
Much agreed with the above. Suggested names include 'compilation' or 'all emerald times' rather than calling it a 'rampage' which is normally considered to be top quality.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
09 Aug 2011 12:10 #9
Aug 9, 2011, 4:12am, admin wrote:Much agreed with the above..

I was thinking about one myself (probably will perhaps during this week)... And yes maybe you should change rampage due to the fact that you only have 14/26 simple emeralds (13/26 really Learn the Wall-Hit isn't possible IMO).

Anyways I really hope to see it!

09 Aug 2011 16:52 #10
No-jumping rampage lol.

Called it.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
11 Aug 2011 11:17 #11
can u explain the MBU Rampage on yt?
thinks i must rerecord the simple

I Decided to change the game to MBOpal instead of MBEmerald.

@imac : 2 weeks is not enough for me, at least need 5-6 months to complete that alone. but with another help , might it will complete on 3 months.

I'll open 6 more players that qualify.
and run qualification :
1. Under Triksta time or 1-3 WR
2. Have Fraps and send me each recording on fraps WITHOUT AUDIO and make sure u edit the filesize since fraps is too greedy for data. Make sure u use format that Camtasia Studio/Windows Movie Maker.The formats are avi. , wmv. or mpeg or video edited from Camtasia/WMM
3. You must have MSN and add my MSN. That make I can contact you easily

Players :
1.NaCl586
2.(open)
3.(open)
4.(open)
5.(open)
6.(open)

Remember the format that used on the video at beginning of each level are :
Level Name
Level Maker
Recorded by x

Forgot something , people who make the most recording will be additional tester on MBAdventure. And the 2nd-3rd will be on credits and 4th-5th not get anything , just the video like FNMNC.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
11 Aug 2011 13:36 #12
I think IMO that you shouldn't change to Opal until all bugs are fixed and more levels are added.

Quote:Under Triksta time or 1-3 WR

Not all levels have triksta times.

Quote:Have Fraps and send me each recording on fraps WITHOUT AUDIO and make sure u edit the filesize since fraps is too greedy for data. Make sure u use format that Camtasia Studio/Windows Movie Maker.The formats are avi. , wmv. or mpeg or video edited from Camtasia/WMM

Does one really need FRAPS? What about Mac users? I think you should edit your post to say any recording software.

IMO, I think you should continue with MBE or wait until MBO's bugs are fixed.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
11 Aug 2011 22:44 #13
go back to emerald.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 91
12 Aug 2011 02:24 #14
Aug 11, 2011, 4:17am, voccubes wrote:
I'll open 6 more players that qualify.
and run qualification :
1. Under Triksta time or 1-3 WR
2. Have Fraps and send me each recording on fraps WITHOUT AUDIO and make sure u edit the filesize since fraps is too greedy for data. Make sure u use format that Camtasia Studio/Windows Movie Maker.The formats are avi. , wmv. or mpeg or video edited from Camtasia/WMM
3. You must have MSN and add my MSN. That make I can contact you easily

1. It's too specific to act as a qualifier. Suppose that a player only met one of your qualifications. Given that you're wanting five more people to join, it would be foolish to not accept him.

2. iCometBlue was right about this. I shouldn't have to meet all of your arbitrary standards just to be in a video that might or might not happen. You're excluding mac users, and/or people without editing software. What matters is the gameplay itself, and if you're so picky about sound or format, it's your job (as video producer) to either edit them yourself, or delegate it to someone else.

3. Is that the only venue you will accept communication from? Again, I don't see why you would intentionally limit the already limited number of people that might sign up. And I don't see what's wrong with doing PMs (for people without msn), or any other chat service available.

A better idea would have been to specify things that will actually impact the video, such as the preferred resolution, banning people that record the screen with a camera, et cetera.

Aug 11, 2011, 4:17am, voccubes wrote:Remember the format that used on the video at beginning of each level are :
Level Name
Level Maker
Recorded by x

Forgot something , people who make the most recording will be additional tester on MBAdventure. And the 2nd-3rd will be on credits and 4th-5th not get anything , just the video like FNMNC.

Again with the formatting requirements. It isn't a good idea to turn down people without editing software, or people that are lazy. Putting titles and other things is the job of the editor, not everyone sending clips. Besides, it will be more uniform.

Your rewards system seems very sketchy:

You reward based on quantity, not quality. I could easily get first place by meeting some arbitrary requirements, getting some decent times, and sending in a whole bunch of videos. All the while, you don't pay attention to the guy who gets 2 WRs in your vid, but only submitted two.
Fourth and fifth get nothing? What the hell! If I worked really hard to get good times and send them to you, and I wasn't even in the damn credits, it would be a waste of my time. Everyone who participated NEEDS to be mentioned in the credits, regardless of how many clips they sent in. It's a credits page. If you help, you are mentioned. I don't see what's so hard about that.

Please rethink this whole thing, and take into account Dushine and iCometBlue's posts.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
12 Aug 2011 03:14 #15
I 100% agree with nobody on this post. Gerson,

1. Just because people make the most videos does not mean they are good players, heck, I could make you 1,000 videos, yet I do not wish to be MBAdventure's tester

2. I will not make you vids (just to clarify)

3. Do mbemerald, becuase mbopal may take a while for me to fix, and the mod's levels are not as good as mbemerald's levels.

4. You can't exclude people out of the credits page, when they put their time in for this.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
12 Aug 2011 03:23 #16
Wow I thought that was Don.Gato for some reason. nvm. Good post nobody.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
12 Aug 2011 03:44 #17
you should know it comes from Nobody, who else says it as it is?

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
12 Aug 2011 09:16 #18
Wow, nicely put NB.

Nothing seemed too unfair to me, until I read about 4-5th place get nothing, wow, if only you knew how outrageous that was... Trust me, some people have made videos for some rampages, even ones such as MBP, and even though in the end they maybe were beaten, and might not have featured in one level, they were still credited, particularly if they came up with some sort of tweak.

MBU Rampage? What? Is it cause it didn't get any WRs? Am pretty sure it did, and don't forget, those are TOP players of that Xbox mod, and the times they got were either REALLY close to a WR, a draw or even beat the WR. They did not fail to get the GOLD times.

Same for MBG WR Rampage, the very first one anyway, there were very few WRs, but seeing as the times were close to WR, and a lot of never before seen paths, so that is acceptable.

Btw is MB Opal released? I could not be bothered honestly to check, remember a mod that is released is one only that can have a rampage.

Don't wanna sound picky but I made a Rampage for MB Future, not the completely lowest of time that one can dream, but I managed to land 29 new WRs, out of 35. Hence it qualifies as a rampage. I hope you go back to MBE, and certainly edit your rules too, cause how much you require from the players, am just wondering if you can easily meet those expectations too.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
12 Aug 2011 10:43 #19
i decided to back to MBEmerald , Remake the thread on new thread. Lock Plz

Before locking i want to say there is a prize to all players.
1st : MBAdventure secondary tester
2nd : MBAdventure Tester
3rd - last : Name on video and credits and MBAdventure

also anyone can join. And i take all of your comments. But the prizes cant be yours if youre on MBE2 , the prize will be for 2nd or 3rd. and I dont get any prize u know

Lock it

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.953 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.