file Still Alive... 2 [11/8/13]

• Ian_Cordle
  • Ian_Cordle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
09 Nov 2013 03:42 #1
Man has it been a crazy few months for me. And certainly one that did not allow me the time that it requires to stay active in the Marble Blast community. I have not lost interest in Marble Blast, however! I get a steady flow of news from Jeff about how the game is progressing and information about all the fantastic things that are coming back into the Marble Blast scene through the masterpiece that is Multiplayer.

Though single player Marble Blast has all but been wrought out in my mind, multiplayer Marble Blast is a field of potential, completely untapped. Never before was there any opportunity to compete legitimately in Marble Blast multiplayer. The new rating system, as far as I'm aware, awards points to victorious players who beat others that are predicted to play better than them and subtracts points if you lose or forfeit a match you were expected to win. Through this system, the skill of the player is well represented through their rating, rather than how many levels they have completed.

So, as we go forward with the hype train, I think we are actually entering an era in Marble Blast. Perhaps the final one. The last iteration of Marble Blast that will make a final competitive stance. I am currently discussing with some community members the idea of tournaments. I don't know how possible the tournaments will be. From asking around, we are primarily concerned with timing issues and the sheer number of interested players. I hope that tournaments are a great success in the upcoming year, but the sureness of the situation is ... minimal. I doubt this will be read by many, but if people are interested in Multiplayer tournaments and a yearly Championship tournament, please let me know. There are plans coming as long as the support of the players is there.

Between AP Physics, getting to gold in League, and practicing my heart out in Osu! I have had little time for much else, but I'm willing to make time for a classic game... very soon.

One that involves lots of balls.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
09 Nov 2013 16:53 #2
welcome back from the dead :3

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
09 Nov 2013 17:08 #3
Welcome back to the Marble Blast TV moderator!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Thank you received: 0
09 Nov 2013 17:51 #4
I get it.

• Thank you received: 15
09 Nov 2013 19:06 #5
It's great to have you back again, Ian!

• Thank you received: 25
09 Nov 2013 19:44 #6
Welcome back.

• Marblemaster1
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Custom Code Enthusiast
  • Thank you received: 8
09 Nov 2013 20:23 #7
Welcome back... again... again!

QuArK is still a good map editor

You know what's boring? Opaque marble skins. You know what's not? Glass Marbles!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Ian_Cordle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
11 Nov 2013 02:24 #8
Haha, wasn't asking for welcome backs! I'm just fading in and out while I wait for multiplayer! Never left, really, and I probably won't be too too active on the forums still for a good while.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
13 Nov 2013 21:25 #9
At least, we know you're still here.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.119 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.