file It's coming...

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
30 Nov 2012 06:53 #1
Multiplayer is comming sooner than you guys will think! While I am writing this blog post, HiGuy is editing a video of multiplayer footage for you guys to see! What is shown in the video is basically what the public build is going to be. (This means don't ask about Hunt mode). We also added a new staff member to the Multiplayer team a little while back, whose identity we will not reveal at this time. He is another torquescript programmer. Because of his help, multiplayer went from turtle speed to rabbit speed of progress.

Multiplayer will release with partial open source. Some core files will be in .dso, but some will be in .gui / .cs format for YOU to learn and use to your advantage. It will be available for all modders to use and to expand upon. All we ask is that you credit The Multiplayer Team and the MBDK.

I wanted to take the time to thank a few members for during this exciting multiplayer project over the past year or so.

HiGuy: for being the best programmer to work with EVER. Thank you so much man for everything. Its been one heck of a project. :3

Matan: for all of his support during the whole project

Spy47: for giving us the inspiration to do multiplayer

Andrew: for occasional testing in the past and the support of Y U NO WORK ON MULTIPLAYER?!?

Our other coder: for helping us move the project along so quickly

And......special thanks to seizure22. Most of you guys don't know this, but without seizure22, this project would have gotten nowhere. He was the consultant who had given us the knowledge of basic networking in torquescript with its multiplayer protocal. It was him who gave us that headstart boost. Seizure, without you, this project would not have been possible. Thank you!

And of course, to all of the community, you guys rock! We couldn't have done it with out you guys.

Thanks for sticking with us guys, expect Multiplayer soon!

Jeff and the Multiplayer Team!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
30 Nov 2012 07:18 #2
This is probably some of the biggest news of 2012 for the community. Those of us in the community who never got the chance to experience the awesomeness that was MBOnline will hopefully be able to get an idea of what it was like when they try multiplayer. I have to hand it to you guys, you were able to pull off what was once thought impossible, and you guys have finally proven yourselves to be able to finish a project. Can't wait to try this for myself - it may give me the motivation to start making videos again!

• Thank you received: 0
01 Dec 2012 18:22 #3
Wow guys, this is finally close to being released In all seriousness, this is great news. I believe I don't speak for myself alone when I say that I'd like to know what MBO was like. My only experience with it was videos of Matan pwning everyone, so I can't wait for you to release this!

03 Dec 2012 00:01 #4
I literally exploded with joy when I heard this. I never got to experience MBO, sadly. This may be as big as the release for MBP if not bigger. I think Matan will continue pwning. (How does he predict where the gems are!?)

03 Dec 2012 01:24 #5
Maybe this will fill the void of MBO. But nothing will ever be like it.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.