file I beat MBP!

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
19 Apr 2015 16:13 - 19 Apr 2015 16:22 #1
I have finally beaten Marble Blast Platinum! :D
I've played Marble Blast for a long time now, probably since 2005? But I've been on the forums since April 30, 2010. I was probably just lurking before that, because I can remember when MBP 1.10 was the newest. I remember I couldn't even install it because I had the non-ignition version. Or maybe that was only with 1.12. Anyways I know I joined the Marble Blast Emerald forums January 2, 2009. I remember commenting on a youtube video to be a level tester or something, and rct3fan00 told me to join the MBE forums. This was really nice of him, it really brought me to the community, after eventually finding the MBForums in 2010. I wasn't the most pleasant to have around, being only 9 or 10, but, so were a lot of other people :P. Moving on, I probably started my mod, Marble Blast Light, sometime in July, 2009. Thats when I made my own forums. This mod eventually turned into Marble Blast World, which eventually turned into a dead mod, like sooooo many do.

Anyway so after getting off topic a bit, I've played Marble Blast for a long time now. I used to mostly play the non-ignition version or Marble Blaster, and eventually got MarbleBlast Gold. At this point I had obviously beaten Beginner and Intermediate, but Advanced was the only thing left. I hadn't beaten quite a few, Esher's Race, Will o' Wisp, etc. Over the years I got better and beat the first 24 Advanced levels. I remember staying away from most levels only because I assumed the were too difficult, even close to now. I left MB and came back a few times, (other interests). And I was gone for a very long time due to Minecraft. I'm not obsessed with it anymore, but play it occasionally. After like a year(?), I came back to Marble Blast after FINALLY downgrading my MacMini to 10.4 so I could play Classic applications. (Warning: I'm about to get way off topic) I did this because my mom talked about a game she and my dad used to play when the got their Mac Plus. The game was called fools errand. And, because I really enjoy old games, I was determined to play it and she and may dad wanted to as well. Unfortunately, the my MacMini and my iMac were both at 10.5, which doesn't support the Classic Environment. Also partitioning didn't work for some reason on either, so my last option was to downgrade. This took FOREVER. We had a bunch of old install disks, like 10.4.3. But those all had error messages. We tried buying an external hard drive, partitioning it on my dads computer, then switching to the MacMini. Unfortunately, no luck. I guess the disks we were using were upgrade from an earlier version disks. We finally found a normal 10.4 install disk and that worked. So why did I tell you that? Well I put MBG on that computer and started playing and had lots of fun. I started playing MB again and on my normal computer, I beat all the Advanced levels in MBG! Then, I had a goal to beat all the gold times. I got pretty far, Beg. and Inter. were easy. Got to Esher's Race and didn't feel like doing it any more.

Then, I played Marble Blast Platinum again. Way back now, I had played all the Mac releases starting with 1.12. I had left during the MBP 1.50 RC 1. Then, a month or so ago, I played 1.50 for the first time. And MP! I had never played Multiplayer before, but I found it to be a lot of fun. Then I made a custom level or something, then, I though aye lemme beat all MBP levels. Actually, it was a topic someone made about having trouble on Treachery. And he said his goal was to eventually finish MBP. I then thought, I should do this, too. So I did. Advanced was first, and ohhh boy some of them were a real PIA. Most, were no problem. Despair was the beginning. This is where the journey to beat all MBP levels began. This was pretty difficult, but I learned to create strats and use them to get past the level. This was useful on most other difficult levels, but sometimes it wasn't trying to figure out what to do, but rather actually doing it. Next was Morph and Thief. These were actually the last the Advanced levels to beat. With Thief having a qualifying time and being pretty difficult, and Morph I just had no idea what to do, these were incredibly frustrating. Rolling to eternity was hard, too. I had a wonderful time of 19 minutes. pls don't laugh :oops: Then, Random Mayhem and Frictional battle cube. I skipped Morph and Thief for now, and continued to the Expert levels. Dun dun dun!.

For the most part, the Expert levels were entirely new to me. I had played them, but never finished. I knew Stamina, but that was it. Tunnel Vision and Nukesweeper Revisited were pretty funny. I drew a map on paper so I knew which way to go. You can find links to them at the bottom of this post. Michael's Final Adventure was pretty difficult, too. Well, the all are :P. I'll just mention a few. Tale of the Tall Skyscraper, epic name btw. Whatever happened to the marbles :P? This took me quite a while. And Mastering the Marble. The first challenge was hard, after figuring out what to do, I finally beat it. And then comes Space Station. I had a beautiful time of 43 minutes. I know, its WR but I try not to brag. Then, beat Morph and Thief at some point. So, I had all the levels beaten except Battlecube Finale. I put this off for a while. I started routing it out, and realized I was reseting if thing weren't perfect. Tarmac floor was giving me trouble. I took a break from MBP, I guess I was a little burned out. And I made some custom levels for MBG. Last Night, at 7:30 PM I beat Battlecube Finale, with a time of 13:12.78. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't thought about any route, I just got on my computer and decided to beat it, even if it was over 15 minutes. I was also sick, and still am, so bonus points for that. And, now, I am finally done with MBP. :D :D :D Thanks for reading my longest post ever!

Here are those drawings: imageshack.com/a/img540/7154/QW5iA5.jpg and imageshack.com/a/img912/8020/9CEIIY.jpg
Last edit: 19 Apr 2015 16:22 by Jkk39.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
19 Apr 2015 16:23 #2
Congrats!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jkk39

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
19 Apr 2015 17:46 #3
Congratulations!!

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
19 Apr 2015 21:21 #4
Congratulations on getting 100% on your profile with your name on it!

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
28 Apr 2015 13:58 #5
Thanks all for the congrats. I'm very proud of this accomplishment :D

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.849 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.