× Any vaulted topic before the 2014 site move should be available on the proboards vault .

lock Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic

  • Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
16 Jun 2015 22:37 - 16 Jun 2015 22:37 #1 by Nockess
Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic was created by Nockess
I feel stupid doing this.,.

We're running out of ideas. Yeah, it's kind of going downhill - at least on the levels part. We have a bunch of epic features.
This is pretty much a level idea topic - for a mod. We've got stuff like tutorial and beginner levels covered, but not much in the ways of other difficulties (intermediate, advanced, and expert). I'm talking ideas like Monster Courses, Tightropes (maybe not that...), and other challenges. So what kind of levels do you want to see in the mod? Be specific!
Also, can we look at MBP for ideas? Not like copying the levels exactly, but like taking the ideas and changing them up a tiny bit.

By the way, can we put the Platinum marble in our marble selection the way all (most) mods have the Gold marble?

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 22:37 by Nockess.
The topic has been locked.
  • Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
More
16 Jun 2015 22:53 - 16 Jun 2015 22:59 #2 by Frostfire
Replied by Frostfire on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic
One way to fix this would be to get more level builders. I'd suggest asking some people privately whether they want to help build/come up with levels, rather than throwing it out at the public where you will mostly receive scorn.

EDIT: To add to this I'd say that if you get loads of ideas from the public, the mod won't really be "yours" anymore. Soon your levels will be made by half the community and your special thanks list will be a mile long.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 22:59 by Frostfire.
The topic has been locked.
  • Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
16 Jun 2015 23:20 - 16 Jun 2015 23:21 #3 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic
You make a really good point Frosty.
There's not really any big level creators that are open in the first place. We could use some other people, but Some of us really don't know what they can do at their best.

EDIT: If this still goes on, one, we'd only be taking a few level ideas, and two - there would be no announcement of when, and which idea we're taking.

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 23:21 by Nockess.
The topic has been locked.
  • HiGuy
  • HiGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rewrite it in Rust
More
16 Jun 2015 23:24 - 16 Jun 2015 23:24 #4 by HiGuy
Replied by HiGuy on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic

Rozi the Singer wrote:
taking the ideas and changing them up a tiny bit

So basically what you have already done with, say, 90% of super?

Rozi the Singer wrote:
By the way, can we put the Platinum marble in our marble selection the way all (most) mods have the Gold marble?

Discussed this with the rest of the MBP team, came to a resounding No.

PQ in a nutshell
function clientcmd12dothepq() {
    commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor');
}
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 23:24 by HiGuy. Reason: Yet another newline
The topic has been locked.
  • Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
16 Jun 2015 23:42 - 16 Jun 2015 23:43 #5 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic

HiGuy wrote:

Rozi the Singer wrote:
taking the ideas and changing them up a tiny bit

So basically what you have already done with, say, 90% of super?

Only a bit. It would be nice if you actually saw Super now.

Rozi the Singer wrote:
By the way, can we put the Platinum marble in our marble selection the way all (most) mods have the Gold marble?

HiGuy wrote:
Discussed this with the rest of the MBP team, came to a resounding No.

Alright, no complaints.

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 23:43 by Nockess.
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Jun 2015 23:42 #6 by Aayrl
Replied by Aayrl on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic

Rozi the Singer wrote:
I feel stupid doing this.,.

We're running out of ideas. Yeah, it's kind of going downhill - at least on the levels part. We have a bunch of epic features.
This is pretty much a level idea topic - for a mod. We've got stuff like tutorial and beginner levels covered, but not much in the ways of other difficulties (intermediate, advanced, and expert). I'm talking ideas like Monster Courses, Tightropes (maybe not that...), and other challenges. So what kind of levels do you want to see in the mod? Be specific!
Also, can we look at MBP for ideas? Not like copying the levels exactly, but like taking the ideas and changing them up a tiny bit.

By the way, can we put the Platinum marble in our marble selection the way all (most) mods have the Gold marble?


I would like to see original levels in the mod. I feel like a broken record, this has to be probably the fourth or fifth time I've given my opinion on what makes a "good" mod - design unique, challenging levels that aren't like other levels. Large levels are not fun. Nobody wants a mod full of Tightrope levels. Short, unique, challenging levels with lots of pathways are key. It doesn't take an expert level designer to understand that from the hundreds of posts on the topic.

~Aayrl
The topic has been locked.
  • Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
16 Jun 2015 23:45 - 16 Jun 2015 23:47 #7 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic

Aayrl wrote:

Rozi the Singer wrote:
I feel stupid doing this.,.

We're running out of ideas. Yeah, it's kind of going downhill - at least on the levels part. We have a bunch of epic features.
This is pretty much a level idea topic - for a mod. We've got stuff like tutorial and beginner levels covered, but not much in the ways of other difficulties (intermediate, advanced, and expert). I'm talking ideas like Monster Courses, Tightropes (maybe not that...), and other challenges. So what kind of levels do you want to see in the mod? Be specific!
Also, can we look at MBP for ideas? Not like copying the levels exactly, but like taking the ideas and changing them up a tiny bit.

By the way, can we put the Platinum marble in our marble selection the way all (most) mods have the Gold marble?


I would like to see original levels in the mod. I feel like a broken record, this has to be probably the fourth or fifth time I've given my opinion on what makes a "good" mod - design unique, challenging levels that aren't like other levels. Large levels are not fun. Nobody wants a mod full of Tightrope levels. Short, unique, challenging levels with lots of pathways are key. It doesn't take an expert level designer to understand that from the hundreds of posts on the topic.

~Aayrl


We do need quite a bit of small/medium pathfinding levels, and I'll inform the rest of the staff about this.
Completely understood - we need originality, uniqueness, and replayable.

Nobody wants a mod full of Tightrope levels.

Alright, Tightrope Monster Course is not going in the mod. :P

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 23:47 by Nockess.
The topic has been locked.
  • Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
16 Jun 2015 23:48 #8 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic
So apparently this topic was a bad idea, and unless anyone wants to speak up, please delete this topic (give people couple hours to respond).
Thank you.

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
The topic has been locked.
  • Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Girl
More
17 Jun 2015 19:02 #9 by Nockess
Replied by Nockess on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic
Since no one's responded yet, either lock or delete the topic please.

First player ever to get all of the Awesome Times.
The topic has been locked.
  • HiGuy
  • HiGuy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rewrite it in Rust
More
17 Jun 2015 19:23 #10 by HiGuy
Replied by HiGuy on topic Marble Blast Super Level Idea Topic
Done.

PQ in a nutshell
function clientcmd12dothepq() {
    commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor');
}
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian