This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

map-pin CLIMB: Custom Level Installer for Marble Blast

• hPerks
  • hPerks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
08 Aug 2020 03:50 - 18 Aug 2020 22:51 #1 by hPerks
CLIMB v1.1
Windows · Mac

An all-in-one standalone tool for installing custom Marble Blast levels - no more readmes, no more tedious browsing through directories and mission files. Select a .zip file, and the program will search it for mission files and their associated interiors, textures, etc. copying them all to their proper destinations. If you're missing any interiors, the program will tell you.

As of version 1.1, the program also doubles as a custom level bundler. Simply select one of your in-game mission files, and the program will automatically compile the level and all of its interiors, textures, etc. into a .zip file that can instantly be shared online and installed by others. The quickest way to get your new custom levels published and played!

Some previews:

I made this tool cause I thought it would be a nice way to reduce what has always seemed to me like a significant overhead for new players who want to try out playing/making custom levels. It uses my old Python level editing library, which I refurbished and gave the name "AMBLE", to look into each mission file and see exactly which assets are required.

Hope you find this useful :)
Last edit: 18 Aug 2020 22:51 by hPerks. Reason: v1.1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josep_Nollette, Yoshicraft224, CylinderKnot, Starwide, Void

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Void
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • dm hot egg pics
More
08 Aug 2020 04:11 #2 by Void
I was gonna reply that the Mac link was broken but DAMN that's a fast fix :ohmy:
Looking forward to using it!

"cheater hakcer i want your flair gikemve me it" - MASON35, 2020

• Yoshicraft224
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
More
08 Aug 2020 04:20 #3 by Yoshicraft224
Replied by Yoshicraft224 on topic CLIMB: Custom Level Installer for Marble Blast
Haven't tested this out myself yet but god this seems SO useful. Installation has always been the main turnoff for me playing customs. This should hopefully help me a lot. hPerks out here improving the community once again.

Creator of the WR paths for Child's Play's NE and Off Kilter. #OhBoyFreeAM!

• MBCollector672
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • click the sergals
More
09 Aug 2020 02:03 - 09 Aug 2020 02:03 #4 by MBCollector672
Replied by MBCollector672 on topic CLIMB: Custom Level Installer for Marble Blast
you're a god
seriously though this is super useful, downloading and keeping somewhere for later

dumb furry who plays ball rolling games, gun shooting games, and plumber jumping games
Last edit: 09 Aug 2020 02:03 by MBCollector672.

• hPerks
  • hPerks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
18 Aug 2020 22:50 #5 by hPerks
Version 1.1 is out, with the following additions:

• Along with interiors, the program now also finds and installs shapes, skies, and soundtracks, notifying you if any are missing.
  • When importing an interior or shape, the program looks for any texture files in the directory that it uses, and installs them as well.
  • Instead of a source directory to install from, the program now asks for a .zip file, which is how custom levels and packs are almost always downloaded.
  • Errors in text decoding are now handled more gracefully.

Additionally, the program now contains a level bundler feature as a counterpart to the installer. With the bundler, simply select one of your in-game mission files, and the program will automatically compile the level and all of its interiors, textures, etc. into a .zip file that can instantly be shared online and installed by others. The quickest way to get your new custom levels published and played!

Download links (and some updated example images) are in the OP. Enjoy :)

Moderators: Kalle29AayrlRegislian