This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Fizzy Cherry Soda by Trace, IsraeliRD & Buzzmusic

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
30 Aug 2013 04:37 #1
Trace started a stream called one day level, where he makes a full MB level in a day, and named the level Fizzy Cherry Soda because ponies are the best. Due to lack of ideas it fell through and Trace asked if I could pick up on the level and do whatever I want with it, and release it. I had no problems and decided to play around a bit. Within an hour Trace found a theme for his level and decided to continue it. But, I also came up with an idea for the level and wanted to try it out.

Trace had the brilliant idea to have both levels released to see how one map file could spawn two completely different levels. After a day I asked him if we could have Buzzmusic as well, to get three different results and he liked the idea and agreed, and so Buzzmusic joined in.

You can download all three levels as well as the original map file by clicking HERE (click me guys.)

Enjoy!

Fizzy Cherry Soda, by Trace

Fizzy Cherry Soda 2, by IsraeliRD

Fizzy Cherry Soda 3, by Buzzmusic

The original

Please be aware the flexicubes were added in a later revision from Trace and are not available in the map file attached.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
30 Aug 2013 04:44 #2
Yay for more levels!

Someone should tell Matan to make more levels They're fun!

• Thank you received: 1
30 Aug 2013 04:51 #3
Really cool idea, especially because it looks like you guys have totally different styles

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
30 Aug 2013 05:42 #4
I played all 3 of the main levels quite a few times, and while all three of them were very nicely built, all three of them differed in playability for me. But I did enjoy all three of them for the most part.

Matan's level was middleground for me. A really nice design, and pretty good in gameplay with no serious issues. The only part I found to be a bit bothersome was the piston moving blocks, though I managed to get it after a few tries so it wasn't too much of a hassle and it provided a decent challenge. Overall it's a very solid level.

Buzzmusic's level was sadly the weakest for me. The concept and level design was really nice, but the execution was a bit shaky. After playing it a few times I managed to get a hang of it, but then a problem arose, which was the time limit. Maybe if it was more flexible it wouldn't bother me as much, but as it is right now it's not too friendly towards the lower tier players like myself.

Trace's level was probably my favorite. I've always been a fan of the construction type appearance as it always added more life to the level design. Not only that but the gameplay I found to be the best, mostly because it felt like it gave a fair and enjoyable feel without being cheap in its difficulty.

• Sefaroooooooooo
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 20
30 Aug 2013 05:57 #5
I agree that Trace's level was probably my favourite out of the 3. A very simple yet fun level to mess around with. My best catch so far is 2.01 and I still have yet to work out good path for it. the other levels were a meh for me but I shouldn't expect so much from a level that was made in one day, but overall these levels were very fun to play.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
30 Aug 2013 16:33 #6
@ChaosUnown: I tried to make the par time really harsh so that finding a quick path would be a necessity rather than an option. But thanks for the comment! Glad you enjoyed the levels.

Also, great job, Matan and Trace.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
30 Aug 2013 20:12 #7
Cool! Only in MY MBP, can I change the skyboxes? I got new ones!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

30 Aug 2013 22:49 #8
Aug 30, 2013, 1:12pm, ralphiboy27 wrote:Cool! Only in MY MBP, can I change the skyboxes? I got new ones!

I honestly have no idea what you mean when you say anything anymore.

Are you allowed to modify a file and not distribute it? What do you think?

Honestly Ralph, do you even think before you post things?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
31 Aug 2013 21:01 #9
3 nice levels by 3 awesome builders.

Love that you guys did this, will download soon.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
01 Sep 2013 06:32 #10
Trace's level is the most appealing to me based on the sceneries provided. Just as ChaosUnown pointed out, I loved the 'under construction' theme of the level. I also had fun exploring around and collecting the TMs. It is also great for pathfinding when you can alter the order of collecting the gems and TMs, at the same time not having shortcuts that skipped the level too much. However, I'd say the TMs are used a bit excessively, together with the fact that their time bonus are all the same undermined its fun factor. It turns out that you can finish the level in under 3 seconds because the clock stops at the first TM until you finish, this makes the level less replayable since all that matters is how fast you catch the first TM.

Matan's level is more balanced in all aspects. The placement and time bonus of the TMs are made more legitimately compared to Trace's, and it's amusing to read the humorous texts that Matan put out throughout the level. However, it doesn't has a particular theme and kinda makes things ordinary and not too unique. Also, it would've been better if an Ultimate Time had been added.

Buzzmusic's level is unfortunately inferior to the other two in my opinion. I had no idea where I should go after launching up the slope. The part with the fans and the bouncy slopes is also quite annoying. On the bright side, the level is the best for pathfinding among the three and I had a great time finding a good path in order to beat the par time and gold time.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing all of the three levels, and it is just amazing how you guys can build three different levels of your own style based on the same map. Based on the above, I'd say Trace's and Matan's levels are equally good and I can't really choose a favourite. I look forward to playing the future levels that are also built in a similar way, if there are any.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
01 Sep 2013 06:57 #11
My level was made for mbg, hence mbg only texs. It does have music/author if you play in mbp.
I didn't put in ut or hard gold because:
1) i wanted it accessible for beginners and easy to beat
2) i wanted players to find the shortcuts themselves, and be rewarded for it (except one shortcut, you get a help trigger per shortcut) rather than force them to find and use only one. For a simple level it contains more routes than you'd expect.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
01 Sep 2013 16:15 #12
No Trace, you lost it. I said only for MY MBP. And I did nothing to these levels.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Sep 2013 18:16 #13
Quote:Cool! Only in MY MBP, can I change the skyboxes? I got new ones!

Then trace answers you (although in a smart way, he's right).

Quote:No Trace, you lost it. I said only for MY MBP. And I did nothing to these levels.

I don't understand. What was the issue then if you did nothing? Do these people here honestly care if you change your reference of the .dml file so that you can enjoy a different skybox? And if they do, its a shame.

So the point is, if you ever feel the urge to change a skybox for yourself, go for it.

Problem solved.

Now, back on topic:

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

02 Sep 2013 01:50 #14
Aug 31, 2013, 11:32pm, imperialcuirassier wrote:Trace's level is the most appealing to me based on the sceneries provided. Just as ChaosUnown pointed out, I loved the 'under construction' theme of the level. I also had fun exploring around and collecting the TMs. It is also great for pathfinding when you can alter the order of collecting the gems and TMs, at the same time not having shortcuts that skipped the level too much. However, I'd say the TMs are used a bit excessively, together with the fact that their time bonus are all the same undermined its fun factor. It turns out that you can finish the level in under 3 seconds because the clock stops at the first TM until you finish, this makes the level less replayable since all that matters is how fast you catch the first TM.

Matan's level is more balanced in all aspects. The placement and time bonus of the TMs are made more legitimately compared to Trace's, and it's amusing to read the humorous texts that Matan put out throughout the level. However, it doesn't has a particular theme and kinda makes things ordinary and not too unique. Also, it would've been better if an Ultimate Time had been added.

Buzzmusic's level is unfortunately inferior to the other two in my opinion. I had no idea where I should go after launching up the slope. The part with the fans and the bouncy slopes is also quite annoying. On the bright side, the level is the best for pathfinding among the three and I had a great time finding a good path in order to beat the par time and gold time.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing all of the three levels, and it is just amazing how you guys can build three different levels of your own style based on the same map. Based on the above, I'd say Trace's and Matan's levels are equally good and I can't really choose a favourite. I look forward to playing the future levels that are also built in a similar way, if there are any.

I like time modifiers

Anyway, next time I'll consider making a professional level in terms of the perfect time not just being how fast you can hit the first TT. I really like the level aside from that, think it turned out pretty well.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.902 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.