This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Levels by technostick

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
25 Jul 2015 21:39 #31
Ah, I guess my MB history is a bit mixed up :P
But anyway, it's funny to see posts by first generation members like Oaky, PF, and MarbleDuck, followed by members like Eguy and Frostfire.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
25 Jul 2015 21:40 #32

Eguy wrote: Ah, I guess my MB history is a bit mixed up :P
But anyway, it's funny to see posts by first generation members like Oaky, PF, and MarbleDuck, followed by members like Eguy and Frostfire.

Hahaha yeah, ive come quite a ways since starting old MBO.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
25 Jul 2015 21:43 #33

And everyone else, how well do the levels work?

Trapeze of the Future was completely fine for me. The other two levels though were the laggiest levels I've ever played, so much so that I never managed to get off the ring without immediately spinning off the platforms and going out of bounds. I'm using MBP 1.20 by the way.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
26 Jul 2015 00:31 #34
Levels worked fine for me. Neat to see the product of script-generated levels. I knew they were possible but these are really cool.

Also, well done; this is probably the first time I've seen a mission file larger than its image.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• technostick
  • technostick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
04 Aug 2015 23:19 #35
New level: Master the SuperJump 3

I remember well the time when interior making finally gained the upper hand over assembling existing interiors. Even as I was among those who tried to keep the old ways relevant with innovation, we were collectively swept along by the ideals of the new look; we all strove to give levels a polish that made them as integrated and unified as possible.

Now, looking back and playing through our history, our perspective may no longer be the same. I realise, insouciantly, my fondness for the typical characteristics of earlier level editor creations, even including the visual aspects. So the vision germinated in me of a style that evoked some elements of this atmosphere and look, reinterpreting them from a more modern perspective.

Like its predecessors, MtSJ3 is made with one interior exclusively: trapdoor.dif. It was an interesting task to conceive of ways to make something aesthetically novel out of it. I would like to inspire reflection upon the idea that many techniques born of necessity, particularly with regards to scaling, can be beautiful in their own right. Restrictions gave rise to a style, which I have found particularly suitable for attempting to feature craft and conception on an equal level, neither at the service of the other.

The level itself concerns various ways, some hopefully new and interesting, of using SuperJumps multiply in combinations. It is not, by design, an "Ultra Course" or a compendium - may we continue to take pleasure in the inexhaustible nature of our game! - but I shall be pleased if some of my ideas make an impression by their creativity, and remain in our memory, as, to take a not-so-distant example, Threefolder's elegant double SuperJump+trapdoors challenge (Speed Tower) will in mine.

Download: www.mediafire.com/?j6jb99l8unq4cu4

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
05 Aug 2015 01:02 #36
Wonderful level. I totally agree with your attitude toward the level editor. I've pretty much always had a fondness for the visual design of MBG level editor levels. That being said, the gameplay in this level is insanely creative, especially considering it revolves around a single powerup. Can't wait for more. :D

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
05 Aug 2015 01:38 #37
Let the community rejoice, for technostick and his levels are back and will show everyone how it's done. Finally, a third version of the old and classic super jump series.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
05 Aug 2015 21:17 #38
Damn that alignment was beautiful. Level was really neat, lots of weird super jump tricks that I'd never thought about before. Looking forward to seeing what else you can come up with.

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 368
08 Aug 2015 15:30 #39
These are absolutely phenomenal levels, technostick. The amount of ingenuity that's put into your recent levels is absolutely astonishing. It just goes to show how the quality of the level design is the utmost important factor in level building and you certainly do not disappoint. Looking forward to many more beautiful custom level contributions from you :)

~Aayrl

• Thank you received: 405
08 Aug 2015 16:13 #40
The only level that worked for me was Trapeze of the Future. Does the fact that I am on Mac make any difference?

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
08 Aug 2015 16:45 - 08 Aug 2015 16:46 #41
It could be NatureFreak i'm in the same position as you are and I'm on mac...
Anyways, Trapeze of the future was a very cool and fun level! I can't wait for more!

I played marble blast
Last edit: 08 Aug 2015 16:46 by MBKid.

• Thank you received: 67
08 Aug 2015 18:45 #42
Super cool levels man! Master the Super Jump 3 is very confusing, I have yet to get past the first challenge. These are extremely impressive as being made within the level editor.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
08 Aug 2015 21:35 #43
Gotta agree, very creative level, after also being stuck on the first challenge I finally figured it out and managed to finish the level in 9:46 :p

Glad you are back to level making Techno, looking forward to more!

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
13 Aug 2015 08:19 #44
I am very glad to read your reactions, for I am always sympathetic to the endeavour of presenting something novel.
When I returned, I wondered if levels would be full of techniques and ideas that I had never encountered or imagined. So it was with a measure of trepidation that I set out to explore the new unknown that the levels of today were to me. I was very impressed by the quality of craftsmanship - the days are still vivid in my memory where the accomplished would reveal themselves immediately through such things - yet much of their content would not be out of place in the levels I had known. This gives me hope that I may have something to contribute, and, in turn, inspire you all to explore even more widely.
One thing I really enjoyed seeing is the creativity in using the trapdoor - Buzzmusic’s amazing level certainly won my especial admiration.

@ HiGuy: I take it you do not mean a MtSJ4… I would not want to make baby Jesus cry again.

Actually, I am curious: how difficult would one now consider MtSJ3 to be?

@ Regislian: Now try for sub-30.

Has the first challenge really not been done before?

About the levels not working: I can think of one possible simple reason - number of items. By the way, I also have a Mac. I would be thankful if you could run a test to see how many interiors a level can take in your versions of MB on your computers. My antiquated recollection, borne out by testing on my machines, is that it is 1024, but a limit of 256, say, would explain why only TotF (with ~200 interiors) works. (The wheel levels have ~400, MtSJ3 has ~600.)

A new set of levels is on the way, which, without saying too much, should not suffer from this concern.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
14 Aug 2015 08:18 #45
MtSJ4... oh lord... At least make a MtSS before that, or MtSB... I just realized that 4/5 of MBG's PowerUps start with S.
I considered MtSJ3 to be fairly difficult. Definitely could not make any complete run without failures, but the challenges aren't too difficult once I figured them out. Mostly it's the precise aiming that kills my runs.

As far as I know, the 512 interior limit still holds for windows. Not much we can do about.
Also, there is another more fuzzy limit, at somewhere around 900 ghosted objects. Anything over 900 items/static shapes/interiors (combined) will case issues with the ghosting and may make your player not ghost (and likely crash as well).

Code:

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
19 Aug 2015 10:52 #46
Oh my god, I feel a little embarrassed. I honestly thought I was somewhat good at building levels with the level editor, but here comes technostick with an outstanding return and absolutely kills it with Master the Super Jump 3. Fantastic!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Thank you received: 64
19 Aug 2015 20:40 #47
These levels are really cool! Well done technostick

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
21 Aug 2015 07:31 #48
Looking back at my old levels, it occurred to me that SnSC5 introduced a concept which, to my knowledge, has not been explored exhaustively - a level without interiors. So, thinking that there must be more that could be done, I set out to invent some new applications. I thus present now four levels, of varying difficulty:

Air-stroll - A spring in your step!

High Power - Unlock the awesome potential of this most classic of combinations.

Gossamer Paths - A powerup puzzle for the aerially adept.

Arena of Tears - Where reality is but a reflection of your imagination.

Download

In these levels, much happens in the air, so be prepared for a fast-paced challenge! To keep them from being purely skill courses, there are some hopefully new ideas, combinations, and situations to be figured out. As always, I shall be pleased if something here catches your fancy and interest. On a technical matter, these levels make extensive use of once-elusive "multiple axis" rotations.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
21 Aug 2015 16:02 #49
Hmm...I'll try these out. They looks quite challenging, but really fun!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Thank you received: 67
21 Aug 2015 16:26 #50
Had the idea of doing this for a long time, but never knew how to pull it off. These look quite good and challenging!

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
23 Aug 2015 00:52 #51
My brain is starting having hallucinations just by seeing how you disposed the Time Modifiers. :ohmy:

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
13 Sep 2016 21:21 #52
Inspired by Blasted Marble's "Shocking Trial", here is my take on wall climbing with the ShockAbsorber:

Shock Flow

Although I always made levels with MBG interiors, I realised that I rarely used them in such a way as to take advantage of their distinctive shapes and to accentuate their characters, like the greatest LE levels of the past did. In order to temper the messy visual impression that this style can give, my idea was to combine and juxtapose not only the interiors carefully, but also their textures.
This level should offer something for many different levels of challenge.
Sub 30 may well be possible.
Enjoy!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blasted, sspenst, NF, Nockess, Weather

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.021 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.