This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Frostfire's Levels

• Frostfire
  • Frostfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
19 May 2014 16:54 - 12 Apr 2017 17:32 #1
New: Checker Pack, download here www.mediafire.com/file/59m52qcl66wech7/CheckerPack.zip

9 levels of varying difficulty, textured in a Hamsterball style. Most of them are pretty decent. Some offer some excellent pathfinding... There is also an easter egg in each one (all interior-built easter eggs, not lame ones placed out of bounds). Thanks to Weather for all the awesome skyboxes!

OLDER STUFF

Frostfire Pack A

New pack with 6 (non-crap quality) levels! These are actually worth a try, they are a lot better than my disastrous 20-level pack lol. This includes 6 levels of varying difficulty, a couple of which can be completed by total noobs and a couple of which are pretty difficult. I found none of them to be overly frustrating during my testing and actually got caught up in speedrunning a couple of them :p Enjoy!

P.S. be sure to read the readme, some stuff goes into an unusual folder

mega.nz/#!KcpglC6B!aogCIRCU_xKBpWLkCdpC_D_OLttpO_wkkAuKT4KFQr8

Frostfire's Playground

http://i.imgur.com/a/Qvv0j (image why)

www.mediafire.com/download/f3eo4bnemtb9f...tfiresPlayground.zip (PUT THE INTERIOR INTO data>multiplayer>interiors) !!!

All other levels: Interiors go into data>interiors like normal levels

Gauntlet of Movement

http://imgur.com/jU7V6ce

www.mediafire.com/download/e5x8wau3b5b45...etOfMovement.zip.zip
Last edit: 12 Apr 2017 17:32 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
19 May 2014 17:06 #2
Of course you would put Daedalus in there! Will check it out later when I have time

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
20 May 2014 16:36 #3
Finished up another level. Includes twenty-five gems to find on multiple MBP interiors! Checkpoints are in the middle to be used whenever you feel like it. UT is six minutes, PT is nine.

Five Squared: www.mediafire.com/download/qwipu8yg1grf14x/FiveSquared.zip

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
20 May 2014 21:07 #4
Drazah: www.mediafire.com/download/rz7vkwba5a1h3y7/Drazah.zip

Third level, basically lots of hazards in mid-air. A challenging UT could give the best of players some trouble, it took me a long time to beat it.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
21 May 2014 14:02 #5
Moonjumper: www.mediafire.com/download/9srk7f08zlbhjw5/Moonjumper.zip

First level with a good time modifier set-up, and also the easiest of my levels so far.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
23 May 2014 04:30 #6
Hey Frostfire, nice levels! I like them because you are creative with the interiors, and also a nice challenge.

I played marble blast

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
23 May 2014 15:19 #7
I agree. I saw the picture for Parvumultum expecting something like Five Squared, but when I started playing it, I was shocked that everything was tiny. :lol: Once again, hilariously creative interior usage. Looking forward to more.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
25 May 2014 13:32 - 25 May 2014 13:40 #8
After a few days of not posting any new levels I've got a double release!

Sewer Switch: www.mediafire.com/download/bok718dqbl3pfp5/SewerSwitch.zip

Orbit: www.mediafire.com/download/o0m0s4pdum0m5kr/Orbit.zip

Sewer Switch is a difficult pipe level, a lot like Pipe Dreams and Pipe Nightmare but with a difficult twist included.

Orbit's one and only interior is 'Learn the Super Jump', but it's not as easy as you would think.
Last edit: 25 May 2014 13:40 by Frostfire.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
25 May 2014 15:00 - 25 May 2014 15:01 #9
Nice job. Orbit was a good puzzle that I enjoyed solving. Sewer Switch was too hard for me to finish, but really creative for a pipe level.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.
Last edit: 25 May 2014 15:01 by Buzzmusic.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
26 May 2014 14:34 #10
www.mediafire.com/download/4mn18s8cslsf1lv/Insanity.zip

The level's name (insanity) describes it perfectly well. Solve two tricky puzzles that involve precise aim and excellent memory to pass this test.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
26 May 2014 16:43 #11
Cool and creative level nice job!

I played marble blast

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
29 May 2014 14:04 #12
Had a level-writer's-block for a bit and finally produced Battleclimb. It's a conglomerate of the battlecube levels, with no gems and tricky Time Modifiers. There are literally hundreds of paths to the finish so have fun trying to find the best one! (my PB is 9.98 but I'm pretty sure it's possible to get a sub-6 using a very very difficult route)

Battleclimb: www.mediafire.com/download/6d5rhqzrt1lf506/Battleclimb.zip

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
29 Sep 2014 00:57 #13
Wow, a new level :o

The Level Editor Monster Course is a fun level for all! With strategically placed checkpoints, even newer players should be able to enjoy it. For our more seasoned -

- Platinum time of eight minutes
- A secret 75 second TM (can you find it?)
- A difficult ultimate time of four minutes
- I'm also pretty sure sub-1 minute is possible, (definitely sub-2) but it's so insanely hard I don't even want to try.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
29 Sep 2014 06:12 - 29 Sep 2014 06:14 #14
Interesting level overall. I enjoyed playing most parts of the level, in which challenges are fairly hard but passable. TMs placement and time bonus are good too (maybe except the first one). First finish took me 22 minutes, with a lot of fails in the tornado section (glad you removed some of it so it's now much easier). Haven't tried to beat the PT/UT yet, and I doubt if I would, mostly because the last part of the level (i.e. trapdoors and bumpers) is too annoying. (Getting a good run all the way and failing right at the end more than once isn't exactly a pleasant experience) This level would've been a lot more replayable if the last part was a bit easier. ;)

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier
Last edit: 29 Sep 2014 06:14 by Imperial.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
29 Sep 2014 13:17 - 29 Sep 2014 13:18 #15

Imperial wrote: Interesting level overall. I enjoyed playing most parts of the level, in which challenges are fairly hard but passable. TMs placement and time bonus are good too (maybe except the first one). First finish took me 22 minutes, with a lot of fails in the tornado section (glad you removed some of it so it's now much easier). Haven't tried to beat the PT/UT yet, and I doubt if I would, mostly because the last part of the level (i.e. trapdoors and bumpers) is too annoying. (Getting a good run all the way and failing right at the end more than once isn't exactly a pleasant experience) This level would've been a lot more replayable if the last part was a bit easier. ;)

Yeah. I agree actually. I'll edit that sometime when i have a chance, and make it easier.

EDIT: I'll put a checkpoint right after the core section, so you can try the trapdoors/bumpers/oil part over and over at a good speed. Or do you think I should make it easier as well?
Last edit: 29 Sep 2014 13:18 by Frostfire.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
28 Apr 2015 15:51 #16
... half a year later

Updated first post, removing all the old LE levels and updating with a preview of the Frosty Level Pack.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
28 Apr 2015 16:17 - 28 Apr 2015 16:18 #17
Last edit: 28 Apr 2015 16:18 by Kalle29.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

• Thank you received: 25
28 Apr 2015 16:32 - 28 Apr 2015 16:32 #18

Karly29 wrote: how to piss off RC in 2 seconds

fix'd

out of all seriousness, i'm looking forward to playing at :)
Last edit: 28 Apr 2015 16:32 by RC.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
28 Apr 2015 17:50 #19

Karly29 wrote: This one looks a bit uninspired imo. Not bad but meh.

This is a copy of an old LE level. Not exactly the most creative level but yeah. I had to replicate it.

This one might have some interesting gameplay. Don't really like that cubic MBE-style though.

This one is nothing like you think, trust me.

I won't judge this one just yet. But ice is always a risky move when making levels. Might be fun to play though.

This one is actually pretty good - one of the better ones in the pack imo. Has a couple of difficult and unique challenges.

Now this looks promising. Doesn't look too shabby and it looks like it will be really fun to play.

pls

can't say too much here since I can't see very much of the level. Trippy walls tho.

Now this is just awful...

Overall: I like it, can't wait to play your level pack :)

Glad you (and RC too) are looking forward to the pack :)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
28 Apr 2015 17:56 - 28 Apr 2015 17:58 #20

This one might have some interesting gameplay. Don't really like that cubic MBE-style though.
Now this looks promising. Doesn't look too shabby and it looks like it will be really fun to play.
I won't judge this one just yet. But ice is always a risky move when making levels. Might be fun to play though.
pls
can't say too much here since I can't see very much of the level. Trippy walls tho.

Going with the same preview order as Kalle:

1) Doesn't look that good honestly. I think you're trying for a SS edge to the top which is nice, but you have way too many gems for a small amount of space. I'd recommend getting rid of half of the gems and trying to make it random, and add in to the mix 1 or two time travels, and then 1 or two fans OR oil slicks for the sake of giving it some difficulty. As 1.50+ supports in the mission info the power of fans I'd recommend going like 15 (small is 10[?], normal is .. don't remember? 20?) or something that is just slightly enough to annoy but not too much.

2) I like the idea of the super bounce wall hit, make sure it is accessible to beginners though. If it needs diagonal or jumping before super bouncing then you're likely doing it wrong. Likewise these edge hits look pretty annoying to more beginner players, and you may want to consider adding a checkpoint.

3) Start looks odd... I'm going to guess this is a bumper-based level, which is a cool idea. I have some things for you to keep in mind:
-> The bumper tightropes look a bit pissy, again if you're going for more accessibility to beginner players. I'd suggest doing double trim and putting the bumpers dead center. It keeps the tightrope effect you want, it is more accessible to beginner players, and doesn't distract too much from the difficulty.
-> Bumpers jumping up is not beginner friendly. If you level was not for beginner/intermediate players then that's fine, otherwise you want some room. The first bumper landing is looking painful to do while the rest seem way easier. Okay maybe that third bumper is diagonal, which makes it a bit annoying for spin control landing because you have to stop yourself and again most beginner players can't do that.
-> Jumping back down I think that red floor is a bouncy floor? if yes looks fine.
-> Those bumpers at the end... guessing you have to manuver around them?
-> The difficulty throughout the level is definitely not maintained. Some parts are way easier than others and some just outright annoying. You may want to gradually work your way on the difficulty so it's kept on a similar level, because when some parts are not even hard and some are there to kill you then it's not going to rate well. You can see the best example from the bottom picture bumpers to the tightrope to the wall hits, which looks the most difficulty and annoying thing in here.

4) From the get go, consider adding a checkpoint or two for sanity. Some parts don't look hard but some others do, which looks problematic. My concern comes from the centre of the picture with the high degree ice slopes, but I also question the Super Speed on the left there, as it looks like you want players to super-speed wall hit upwards, or use the slope of ice/sand with the super speed to go up and slow down. In this case you probably want to think on making it easier and accessible for intermediate players with a checkpoint so they can get good at that.
Overall it looks fair if you're maintaining the advanced difficulty challenge throughout.

5) Checkpoints for sanity, otherwise looks pretty good. The idea of ice/gravity like that has barely been done, and the fact is you don't have to jump a crapload. Beginner/intermediate players can definitely play this without much difficulty but you really want those checkpoints.

6) Find the finish level? fine if so.

7) Stairs only? No Super Jumps to help, gyros, SS? are we seriously seeing just this? If yes, scrap the level immediately. Not fun, repetitive, you can throw out original/creative out of the window and pretty much call this level awful. I hope there's more to the level than what we see.

Edit:
Just saw

Coming Soon: The Frosty Level Pack - a set of 20 levels for expert marblers to take on, or for less-skilled players to try their luck at.

Which explains where you're aiming difficulty. This changes a bit of the review by saying that some parts of the levels are downright easy and therefore you have no real challenge. The bumpers thing with the tightrope/wall hits are fine but half the level looks easy to do, so you're not getting the point across. The ice/gravity isn't that difficult so you're not aiming high enough.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2015 17:58 by IsraeliRD. Reason: I can edit. fite me irl.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
28 Apr 2015 19:11 - 28 Apr 2015 19:12 #21

IsraeliRD wrote:

pls

1) Doesn't look that good honestly. I think you're trying for a SS edge to the top which is nice, but you have way too many gems for a small amount of space. I'd recommend getting rid of half of the gems and trying to make it random, and add in to the mix 1 or two time travels, and then 1 or two fans OR oil slicks for the sake of giving it some difficulty. As 1.50+ supports in the mission info the power of fans I'd recommend going like 15 (small is 10[?], normal is .. don't remember? 20?) or something that is just slightly enough to annoy but not too much.

There's a difficult time limit on this one.

2) I like the idea of the super bounce wall hit, make sure it is accessible to beginners though. If it needs diagonal or jumping before super bouncing then you're likely doing it wrong. Likewise these edge hits look pretty annoying to more beginner players, and you may want to consider adding a checkpoint.

This is the hardest level in the pack and as I replied to Kalle, there's a lot more to the level than this picture shows.

3) Start looks odd... I'm going to guess this is a bumper-based level, which is a cool idea. I have some things for you to keep in mind:
-> The bumper tightropes look a bit pissy, again if you're going for more accessibility to beginner players. I'd suggest doing double trim and putting the bumpers dead center. It keeps the tightrope effect you want, it is more accessible to beginner players, and doesn't distract too much from the difficulty.
-> Bumpers jumping up is not beginner friendly. If you level was not for beginner/intermediate players then that's fine, otherwise you want some room. The first bumper landing is looking painful to do while the rest seem way easier. Okay maybe that third bumper is diagonal, which makes it a bit annoying for spin control landing because you have to stop yourself and again most beginner players can't do that.
-> Jumping back down I think that red floor is a bouncy floor? if yes looks fine.
-> The difficulty throughout the level is definitely not maintained. Some parts are way easier than others and some just outright annoying. You may want to gradually work your way on the difficulty so it's kept on a similar level, because when some parts are not even hard and some are there to kill you then it's not going to rate well. You can see the best example from the bottom picture bumpers to the tightrope to the wall hits, which looks the most difficulty and annoying thing in here.

As you realized after the review, pack is for expert players.

4) From the get go, consider adding a checkpoint or two for sanity. Some parts don't look hard but some others do, which looks problematic. My concern comes from the centre of the picture with the high degree ice slopes, but I also question the Super Speed on the left there, as it looks like you want players to super-speed wall hit upwards, or use the slope of ice/sand with the super speed to go up and slow down. In this case you probably want to think on making it easier and accessible for intermediate players with a checkpoint so they can get good at that.
Overall it looks fair if you're maintaining the advanced difficulty challenge throughout.

Start is extremely tricky; you have to go very softly which is just hard when you're used to going powerhouse into wallhits. There are also two checkpoints in the level which aren't visible in the image.

5) Checkpoints for sanity, otherwise looks pretty good. The idea of ice/gravity like that has barely been done, and the fact is you don't have to jump a crapload. Beginner/intermediate players can definitely play this without much difficulty but you really want those checkpoints.

Those platforms are one-trim wide :)

More a puzzle on how to GET to the finish (you can see it pretty quickly) but yeah, somebody with no marble control could beat this one if they could figure it out.

7) Stairs only? No Super Jumps to help, gyros, SS? are we seriously seeing just this? If yes, scrap the level immediately. Not fun, repetitive, you can throw out original/creative out of the window and pretty much call this level awful. I hope there's more to the level than what we see.

It is awful :D there are a couple of trick steps too just for fun.

Edit:
Just saw

Coming Soon: The Frosty Level Pack - a set of 20 levels for expert marblers to take on, or for less-skilled players to try their luck at.

Which explains where you're aiming difficulty. This changes a bit of the review by saying that some parts of the levels are downright easy and therefore you have no real challenge. The bumpers thing with the tightrope/wall hits are fine but half the level looks easy to do, so you're not getting the point across. The ice/gravity isn't that difficult so you're not aiming high enough.

Last edit: 28 Apr 2015 19:12 by Frostfire.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
28 Apr 2015 19:19 #22

Frostfire wrote:

IsraeliRD wrote:

pls

are we just quoting posts now?

There's a difficult time limit on this one.

This is the hardest level in the pack and as I replied to Kalle, there's a lot more to the level than this picture shows.

As you realized after the review, pack is for expert players.

Start is extremely tricky; you have to go very softly which is just hard when you're used to going powerhouse into wallhits. There are also two checkpoints in the level which aren't visible in the image.

Those platforms are one-trim wide :)

More a puzzle on how to GET to the finish (you can see it pretty quickly) but yeah, somebody with no marble control could beat this one if they could figure it out.

It is awful :D there are a couple of trick steps too just for fun.

Edit:
Just saw

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
02 May 2015 02:12 #23
Testing for the Frosty Level Pack has commenced. Release planned for this upcoming week :)

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
02 May 2015 02:39 #24
It's looking awesome! Can't wait 'till it comes out!

I played marble blast

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
09 May 2015 13:57 #25
Frosty level Pack has been released! Go download it ! Link in first post.

• Thank you received: 8
31 Aug 2015 00:54 #26
Erm, sorry if this counts as bumping, but I cannot get to the download of your level pack Frosty. It just sends me to file dropper and I do not see a download anywhere.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
31 Aug 2015 12:57 #27

-=BPXRockU=- wrote: Erm, sorry if this counts as bumping, but I cannot get to the download of your level pack Frosty. It just sends me to file dropper and I do not see a download anywhere.

Yeah... it looks like filedropper removed my stuff. I'm on my new computer now so doesn't look like anybody will be getting those levels (not much of a shame TBH, they were pretty bad). Sorry haha.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
31 Aug 2015 17:21 #28

-=BPXRockU=- wrote: Erm, sorry if this counts as bumping, but I cannot get to the download of your level pack Frosty. It just sends me to file dropper and I do not see a download anywhere.

I still have the levels so I can upload them if there is any interest for them.

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Thank you received: 8
31 Aug 2015 19:38 #29
If you have them unedited Jack, I'd love them! Thanks.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
31 Aug 2015 20:34 - 01 Sep 2015 15:39 #30
Here is the level pack for anyone still interested in it.

mega.nz/#!xpJzmDIZ!m6PvxSlQH1-ToJwwEr6K3AEImUb55Q42BASs-mP6noc

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo
Last edit: 01 Sep 2015 15:39 by J@ckRB. Reason: reuploaded level pack - NOW WITH INTERIORS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.006 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.