file Error for interior test

• thebourret
  • thebourret's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
22 Nov 2013 05:06 #1
Hi guys, when I do an Interior test on a level that has a moving platform, (the code is correct,) it shows an error that says: failed to open main.cs. This is followed by another error that says: failed to initialize game. Shutting down. Has anyone had this problem, and have you found a solution?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thebourret
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
23 Nov 2013 16:24 #2
I had this problem when I forgot to copy main.cs into the root of the game directory. Make sure you have that file in the proper location.

If not that (if you can launch the game normally), then it would be helpful to post your OS, code, and method of doing it.

• thebourret
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
25 Nov 2013 05:25 #3
Hi guys, I was having trouble finding ways to build my own custom moving platform with level editor. I've NEVER, managed to build one successfully, using level editor. I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

• Thank you received: 2
28 Nov 2013 05:53 #4
I don't think I've even heard of someone trying to make a moving platform with the level editor. As far as I know, it isn't possible.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
28 Nov 2013 16:26 #5
Nov 27, 2013, 9:53pm, frublox wrote:I don't think I've even heard of someone trying to make a moving platform with the level editor. As far as I know, it isn't possible.
It is quite possible. All you need is dif in witch there is moving platform placed in. Then through a bit of .mis editing you can make moving platform. Move it arround and such and make 1000 copies of it without using interior test.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Thank you received: 2
01 Dec 2013 01:14 #6
Nov 28, 2013, 8:26am, rdsempire wrote:
Nov 27, 2013, 9:53pm, frublox wrote:I don't think I've even heard of someone trying to make a moving platform with the level editor. As far as I know, it isn't possible.
All you need is dif in witch there is moving platform placed in.
My understanding was that he was trying to make a moving platform in the LE with a dif that didn't have a moving platform, which I don't think is possible.

• thebourret
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
19 Feb 2014 22:38 #7
Thanks for the help.This is my code on commander for the interior test: "C:\Program Files\Marble Blast Platinum 1.14\MarbleBlast.exe" -test.dif and the main.cs is copied In the root of the game directory, and it still shows those errors. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Feb 2014 03:44 #8
C:\Program Files\Marble Blast Platinum 1.14\MarbleBlast.exe -test interiorname.dif
where interiorname is the name of your interior

you're just doing it wrong ;)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• thebourret
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
09 Mar 2014 18:00 #9
Thank you, can you please clarify what I was doing wrong?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
09 Mar 2014 21:33 #10
you did -test.dif instead of -test interiorname.dif
meaning you didn't do the -test command, or gave an actual interior name to test.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• thebourret
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
18 Apr 2014 16:15 #11
Thank you for your help, I gave it a try multiple times, and even though I type interiorname with the name of my level, it still shows the error. Do you have any other solutions?

Thanks

• thebourret
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
02 Jun 2014 22:22 #12
Hey guys, I just got QuArk, and when I was trying to build the moving platform, I couldn't because there is no special entities section. The path node, and door elevator options are in the special entities section.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Attachments:

• thebourret
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
09 Jun 2014 22:46 #13
Hey guys, I couldn't get the marble blast platinum marker options in QuArk because the marble blast platinum is not there in the game section. When I convert the map file into a dif file, it says it couldn't find a couple class names. Does anyone know how to get marble blast platinum in the game section?
Attachments:

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.924 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.