file Level Idea Thread

• Emil
  • Emil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
05 Mar 2013 08:03 #1
I am probably going to start making mb levels with constructor (in the summer in my free time), so I thought i'd make a level idea thread. There are different stages.
Stage one: Planning
Stage 2: Started building.
Stage 3: Progress building.
Stage 4: Finished map
Stage 5: Sent to testers
Stage 6: Cleaning up, preparing for release.
Stage 7: RELEASED.

*[STAGE 2]Some noobs level, similar to the noobs island levels, I'll try to make it as fun, I hope I can.

*A nuke ultra course.

*Some treehouse level.

*A worlds level in which you traveled to different themed worlds.

*A morph II, this would be very long, and instead of hollowing out the bottom for an ee, I'd hollow out the bottom as parts of the level. I'd also spare everyone and add checkpoints.

*A VERY long mbg adventure style level in which you get stranded in the desert, and go on an adventure trying to reach civilization. You go through the desert, jungle, snowy mountains, urban and city. This would use all custom interiors, feature much scenery, and would probably be so long that I would start it off with an hour-long tm so there could be platinum/ultimate time.

*A slender man level-This would have a large forest interior. The objective is to collect the gems without being killed by slender man, before the time runs out. I'd try to make it scary, with some jump-out slender man mps and lots of oob triggers. This map would be hard to make, because I'd also want to make some ruins of things, abaondended houses, etc. I'd make some custom interiors, like blood splattered on the floor, etc. Also, I'd probably get somebody to write a flashlight effet code, where you can only see right in front of you, but it is lit up like a flashlight.

*100 roms-This is inspired by the Doors levels by Andrew, and the android app 100 doors. Basicaly, this level would be like puting the doors levels together into one big level. It will be very long. There will be 100 different rooms, in which your goal is to get the door open, revealing the teleporter to get to the next room. Each room would have different colors/theme, and the puzzles would get harder the further you got. This would take very long to make and test, but would be awesome if I did it.

Tell me what you think of these ideas. If anyone likes them, I could use help on the big levels, such as the adventure level. Many of these would take very long to make, and I am probably going to wait for pq for some of these levels, but who knows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
05 Mar 2013 18:29 #2
Really nice ideas there. Here are my thoughts

Mar 5, 2013, 12:03am, chameleon wrote:
*A nuke ultra course.

I have tried to make this before. I had brief list of 20 or so challenges what to do with mines. If you're interested i can give you few ideas.

*A morph II, this would be very long, and instead of hollowing out the bottom for an ee, I'd hollow out the bottom as parts of the level. I'd also spare everyone and add checkpoints.

In constructor it will be a pain to make since its MP adding system is just awfull and lacks so much tho if youre not planning to make no more than 30 MP burshes you can try. (and as you may now making multibrush MP in constructor requiters editing .map file)

*100 roms-This is inspired by the Doors levels by Andrew, and the android app 100 doors. Basicaly, this level would be like puting the doors levels together into one big level. It will be very long. There will be 100 different rooms, in which your goal is to get the door open, revealing the teleporter to get to the next room. Each room would have different colors/theme, and the puzzles would get harder the further you got. This would take very long to make and test, but would be awesome if I did it.

If you ever do 100 doors level i suggest using as less teleporters as possible. From my perspective it just ruins the door after door effect and just makes level confusing in the way. also small and fun challenges would be lot more fun than harder and harder ones.

Don't let yourself down with criticism i did here. Just few tips you may use.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Emil
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
06 Mar 2013 09:47 #3
For the morph level, I might get the other level building program for it. I could get some codewevers software, or I am considering installing windows on my mac.

For the doors level, I probably wouldn't use teleports to the next room. Each room would be fun and challenging to the mind in it's own way. I will probably make the difficulty increase, but I will probably add tips, you will just have to like roll over a tightrope, or some playing challenge in order to kind of decode it for the player.

Thanks for the tips

• Emil
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
17 Mar 2013 02:10 #4
I have started building the Noobs level, but I just started making a skill level, with not much theme to it. It will be advanced-expert. I did not plan the level, just the colors I wanted to use. Surprisingly, it took 2 hours just to get what is in the picture. This level building is hard lol.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
23 Mar 2013 20:54 #5
Yeah that level needs lot of work talking about texture scale and alignment (if you go in faces mode and select face with wrong texture alignment try clicking those arrows in left side to align it properly). Also i would go for intermdate-advanced rather than expert.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Emil
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
12 May 2013 00:32 #6
Okay, I am getting progress on my N00bs level, but I have a very important question. In constructor, sometimes I will be in faces mode, and editing the textures (size, rotation, etc.) and sometimes they will get completely screwed up and leave just a color with no details, or some strange pattern. However, this happened, and it looks good, and cool, and has this weird but cool color changing effect where it changes color when you turn the camera in constructor at different angles. I am wondering if it will convert and look like that, or if it will convert at all due to the messed up texture. I attached a picture below.

12 May 2013 17:10 #7
The Noobs level looks pretty good so far!

• Emil
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
08 Jul 2014 21:24 #8
I'm working on something. I made the picture a file.
Attachments:

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
08 Jul 2014 23:08 #9
Looks very stylish. :cheer: Great job!

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
08 Jul 2014 23:08 #10
I have an idea: the longest Marble Mini Golf Course ever!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.902 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.