• elnathan
  • elnathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 16
23 Mar 2014 16:39 #1
are they possible? Thanks if you help!

i have a flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
23 Mar 2014 16:48 #2
Scaling the tornado to different sizes will help. The bigger the tornado, the weaker. The smaller, the stronger.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• elnathan
  • elnathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 16
23 Mar 2014 18:01 #3
my tornado is already .25 by .25 by .25 in size :P

I was asking because I saw a long time ago a way to make duct fans weaker and stronger (don't remember what it was now) and I was wondering if the same thing could be applied to tornadoes. You do this by adding an Dynamic Field but I don't know what to call it or how to do the value

i have a flickr

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
23 Mar 2014 21:16 #4
The force of DuctFans/Tornadoes are set in datablock fields, rather than in object fields.
What that means is, where you see
Code:
datablock = "DuctFan";
You can change that to
Code:
datablock = "SmallDuctFan";
and it will use the SmallDuctFan datablock (which has reduced power). You can create a less powerful datablock by using this code at the top of your mission file:
Code:
datablock StaticShapeData(WeakTornado : Tornado) { // Pull the marble in forceType[0] = Spherical; // Force type {Spherical, Field, Cone} forceStrength[0] = -60; // Force to apply forceRadius[0] = 8; // Max radius // Counter sphere to slow the marble down near the center forceType[1] = Spherical; forceStrength[1] = 60; forceRadius[1] = 3; // Field to shoot the marble up forceType[2] = Field; forceVector[2] = "0 0 1"; forceStrength[2] = 250; forceRadius[2] = 3; };

From there, you can change all the force values to better fit your tornado strength (those are the defaults). After that, simply change your tornado's datablock field from
Code:
datablock = "Tornado";
To
Code:
datablock = "WeakTornado";

Let me know if this works, or if you have any questions :)
-HiGuy

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
24 Mar 2014 14:10 #5
Thanks! This will be cool to try out!

I played marble blast

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.781 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.