file Constructor Tutorial

• Nockess
  • Nockess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
23 Jan 2015 04:00 #1
I honestly feel like just using the level editor to make custom levels is just not...enough...I really feel the need to use QuArK or Constructor (I'll go with Constructor). The problem is, I don't know how the heck you make anything in Constructor. If there's a good tutorial of Constructor that one would suggest (just the basic - platforms with trim mostly), please send me the link/tell me about it. If there isn't a tutorial, if someone would kindly make one of explain it to me, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
23 Jan 2015 13:17 #2
afaik constructor simply takes a bit of time to learn. If you're willing to mess around with it for a day you should be fine. Correct me if I'm wrong though as I don't actually know constructor, I've just been told this by Kwill and Jeff.

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
23 Jan 2015 17:48 #3
I believe that's true Frosty. I heard this from Buzzmusic as well, and he's the best level builder in the world :P

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• Thank you received: 20
23 Jan 2015 22:58 #4
Here: marbleblast.proboards.com/thread/10959/c...ustom-level-building

Go to the link and then scroll down to "In-Depth Constructor Overview".
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, ProMarbler

• Thank you received: 405
16 May 2015 16:10 #5
When I clicked on "In-Depth Constructor Overview" (which is an oxymoron) it just loaded the same page. How do I get a constructor tutorial, as I really want to build levels but I don't know how?

Also, I have used Diffix but it didn't let me create subs when I put it in Marble Blast. Where can I get a MBMap2Dif overview? When I tried it it didn't work. Thanks!

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
16 May 2015 17:08 - 16 May 2015 17:09 #6
Scroll down. The links used to be anchors to the posts further down the page but Proboards v5 broke them. DifFix shouldn't affect the entities in your map as far as I know, as it only changes a few things. Are you sure your map file is correct?

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 16 May 2015 17:09 by HiGuy.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.