file Texture Exporting Issue w/ Constuctor and map2difplus

• Thank you received: 0
07 Mar 2015 21:54 - 07 Mar 2015 22:54 #1
Hello! I've just gotten interested in building levels and stuff in Marble Blast, and I'm having trouble with textures for my test interior. Similar to MBG's Block Party and To the Moon, it appears white when I add the interior to the .mis file, and giving invalid packets when I load it in-game. I've attached the .map and .dif files below so you can see what I mean.
This is the code I get when I attempt to use map2dif plus to convert the .map file:
Warning: Spoiler!

(That couldn't load NULL texture seems suspicious.)
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Mar 2015 22:54 by DTM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
08 Mar 2015 01:11 #2
You should put the map file in a folder with all the game textures, so Map2Dif can find them correctly. Otherwise you get missing textures similar to what you described.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 0
08 Mar 2015 02:14 #3

HiGuy wrote: You should put the map file in a folder with all the game textures, so Map2Dif can find them correctly. Otherwise you get missing textures similar to what you described.

There was only one texture I used, being custom_water.png, and I directed the program to the location using "-t".
After trying again using no parameters other than the output (-o), the textures loaded properly. I'll take your word next time and do the conversion process in a folder with all of the textures.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.