file Bouncy floors in MBG

• Jkk39
  • Jkk39's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 67
06 May 2015 12:49 #1
Something interesting I've found in MBG is that you can create a floor that bounces the marble without changing anything in init.cs, which holds all the friction forces and their properties. By changing this to add a bouncy floor is pretty much modding the game, and no one wants a modded MBG, unless its a full on mod, separate from MBG. But, in the init.cs, there is the friction forces for bumbers, which have a force of 15. These forces apply to p-ball_top or whatever its named, but there is also bumper-rubber which isnt used. So if you make a texture named bumper-rubber.jpg or something else that has a bounce in init.cs, it will make the marble bounce. I believe it has the same force as MBP bounce friction (force: 15). There is pretty much useless as we have MBP, but if you want to create an MBG level with bounce floors, you can.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
06 May 2015 15:00 #2
yep! Material properties are used on a per-texture name basis.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.858 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.