map-pin Tutorial: Exporting DIFs with Constructor via DIFFix

• HiGuy
  • HiGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
21 Aug 2016 15:58 - 13 Nov 2018 01:43 #1
In my opinion, this is the best way to export DIF files from Constructor. Best part is, this works on Windows and Mac, with no external Map2dif program necessary. Sound too good to be true? It's not.

Steps to export:
Step 1: Prepare your beautiful level:
Warning: Spoiler!

Step 2: Under Constructor's File menu, select "Export As DIF..."

Step 3: Find a place to save your DIF:

Step 4: Open higuy.me/diffix/ in a web browser (needs to support HTML5 file downloading, IE 11 or Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari 6.0.2+).
Step 5: Drag your DIF file anywhere onto the page. Note: This page is entirely in your own browser, your DIF is not uploaded anywhere.
Step 6: Copy the converted DIF from the download into your MB game.
Step 7: That's it! Your DIF should work in-game!

Sidenote: This site will also work for converting DIFs from other Torque games to Marble Blast's format. Check your DIF against the list of supported formats on the site to see if it is supported. Unsupported DIF versions might work, but if you find something that breaks it then send me a message.

Sidenote #2: In rare cases it may cause some slight fracturing in your DIF. This has only happened to me with extremely messy geometry, such as when I subtracted three cylinders from a sphere . As long as whatever you create isn't completely nuts it should be fine.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 13 Nov 2018 01:43 by HiGuy. Reason: Less clickbaity title
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee, Kalle29, Jkk39, Three, Jiquor, Derpky, NF, Yoshicraft224, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
21 Aug 2016 20:48 #2
I haven't tried using this yet, but hopefully it will work!! And save everybody one hell of a lot of trouble. Might I ask though if the coordinates all have to be quantised (with a power of 2)?

SoundCloud page here:

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
21 Aug 2016 20:51 #3
Does it work with curvy pipes?

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.