file Level Editor List of Interiors?

• ChilledMouse21
  • ChilledMouse21's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
27 Oct 2016 21:33 #1
I just started using MBP's custom level editor a couple days ago and I've been having a hard time finding the right parts (or interiors as the editor calls them) for certain things. I don't really know what's what, and certain things either make my game crash or send me back to the level select screen with a message saying "Invalid Packet Found". I was wondering if there's some sort of list of every part and what it looks like, because having to go through everything in the editor along with the potential game crash is becoming a pain in the ass.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
29 Oct 2016 04:06 #2
When you get the "Invalid Packet Found" error, it means the interior uses a texture that you don't have. The best way to solve it that I can think of is to take all the textures (.jpgs and .pngs) from the interiors download from the CLA and stick 'em in your interiors folder. That will fix the majority of the missing textures.
If it's possible (which I'm not sure it is), you can open a .dif with a text editor and see if it mentions some kind of file name you may not have. I've never tried this before even though I've ran into this error before (I just ended up using a different interior), so I'm just taking a stab in the dark right now. Try it. You may get somewhere.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
29 Oct 2016 06:07 - 29 Oct 2016 06:07 #3

Rozi wrote: If it's possible (which I'm not sure it is), you can open a .dif with a text editor and see if it mentions some kind of file name you may not have. I've never tried this before even though I've ran into this error before (I just ended up using a different interior), so I'm just taking a stab in the dark right now. Try it. You may get somewhere.

If you use a hex editor you can search for "NULL" (which will almost always be the first texture) and find the list of textures used by the DIF. Just note each texture is stored as 1 byte for length (0-255) and then <length> bytes for the texture. If you swap a texture with a longer or shorter name then don't forget to change the length byte.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 29 Oct 2016 06:07 by HiGuy.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.812 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.