file Curve Errors!

• PacPlayer
  • PacPlayer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
  • Thank you received: 13
03 Aug 2017 23:08 #1
Hi! I made my first curve in Constructor using ScaleTwoZero!

No edge textures or anything, just a curve.

Anyway, I imported it into PQ and...

I would use MBMapSplitter, but I don't know how to convert my curve into .map! Did I mess up in Constructor? :(

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
04 Aug 2017 04:01 #2
That's one of the major downsides to making curves with this engine: map2dif is a pain.

You should be able to map splitter your file for hopefully no problems. Just note that it will create a ton of map files and is only a probable solution. You can save as map in Constructor by just using Save As and choosing .map as the type of file you're saving. For the map splitter, just drag your map onto the program and it should split automatically. Then just map2dif all the map files it creates (might take a while) and try that out. Make sure all the interiors ingame have the same numbers in the "Position" field (even if the centers aren't the same, it's kinda weird but works if you think about it).

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: PacPlayer

• PacPlayer
  • PacPlayer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
  • Thank you received: 13
04 Aug 2017 15:05 #3
There's one last issue. When I place my .map over the MBMapSplitter, It says it can't be opened!

Same thing happens if I go to Open With > MBMapSplitter
Attachments:

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
05 Aug 2017 02:02 #4
Ugh, the cert used for code signing has probably expired because I didn't pay Apple. The commandline version should still work fine, will just take a bit more effort. There should be some basic directions on the site, but if you can't figure it out then let me know.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: PacPlayer

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.865 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.