file Gem Madness Duration?

• PacPlayer
  • PacPlayer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
  • Thank you received: 13
08 Aug 2017 01:46 - 08 Aug 2017 12:06 #1
Sorry for posting so many questions, but this is more of a glitch...

Basically, I want to change the duration of Gem Madness on one of my/only custom level(s). But it resets every time and I can't change the default 5 min. Here's a video to explain it more:

Gem Madness... more like DURATION Madness! im sorry
Last edit: 08 Aug 2017 12:06 by PacPlayer. Reason: VIDEO LINK BROKE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
08 Aug 2017 03:02 #2
How are you trying to change the duration? Should be the "time" field in the MissionInfo.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: PacPlayer

• PacPlayer
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
08 Aug 2017 22:49 #3

HiGuy wrote: Should be the "time" field in the MissionInfo.

I tried to change the "Qualify Time" Section, but it resets when I click accept! Here's a vid explaining more:

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
09 Aug 2017 01:45 #4
That's exactly what I tried to do when I was playing around with the level editor's newest features! What I simply did if I were to create a Gem Madness level is to go to the mission file, open it up with a text editor, and added a 'time' field under MissionInfo.

Use this:
Code:
time = "12345";

where this number is represented in milliseconds.

You're welcome!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• PacPlayer
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
09 Aug 2017 12:49 #5

eNetroMB wrote: That's exactly what I tried to do when I was playing around with the level editor's newest features! What I simply did if I were to create a Gem Madness level is to go to the mission file, open it up with a text editor, and added a 'time' field under MissionInfo.

Use this:

Code:
time = "12345";

Thanks! But there was an error and I removed the code, but now, with that line out, I can't load my level anymore! It just says "Line 22: Syntax Error", which is my "radar = 0" line:
Code:
//--- OBJECT WRITE BEGIN --- new SimGroup(MissionGroup) { new ScriptObject(MissionInfo) { artist = "PacPlayer"; blast = "0"; customRadarRule = "3"; desc = "* Secret *"; eggHint = "* Secret *"; forceRadar = "0"; game = "Custom"; gameMode = "GemMadness"; generalHint = "* Secret *"; hideRadar = "1"; level = "3000"; mega = "0"; music = "* Secret *"; name = "Pac-Blast"; noAntiCheckpoint = "0"; noBlast = "1"; persistStartHelpTextTime = "0"; radar = “0”; type = "Custom"; useUltraMarble = "0"; };

(The "* Secret *" is just for hiding my level info) I tried changing "radar = 0" to 1,2, and 3 but still no luck. Anyone know anything I could do? This is getting way more complicated than it needs to be sry...

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
09 Aug 2017 20:19 #6
Your issue there is the fancy quotes around the 0 in radar-- note how they look different. Make sure your text editor isn't using smart / fancy quotes. Worst case, copy+paste the quotes from the other fields.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• PacPlayer
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Game Dev. for MB1/MBUn
09 Aug 2017 20:35 #7
Thanks guys! Finally got the duration working! :cheer: Now I can finish my level! :)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.