file MarbleBlast.com API?

• MatthieuParizeau
  • MatthieuParizeau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
11 Jan 2014 20:24 #1
As you may know, MBP can connect to the webchat on marbleblast.com and in the future PQ and MBF.

Will there be a way for other mods to connect?

I was thinking of an api like a .cs.dso that could be distributed. If it is included in a mod, it can be used to connect.

What are the plans with this / how can it be done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Jan 2014 07:11 #2
Other mods CAN connect, in fact we fully support other mods who want to join us on this initiative.
However we don't have a simple .cs.dso or the like to help you connect, we can probably give you the server name/port you need to use to connect (though it says it quite clearly in LBs lol). You should realise that MBP uses a ton of scripts for online play, none of which we will be very happy to give out. It will be up to the developers of any mod to code the game themselves to be capable of online play. What we can do for you is make sure the website is set up properly.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MatthieuParizeau

• Thank you received: 368
13 Jan 2014 16:48 #3
At this point in time, the basic scripts we have available for distribution are connection scripts to connect to webchat and a dynamic script to connect to a specific database (one must be built for each individual mod, and may or may not be hosted on the marbleblast.com host at the developer's discretion). There are no plans at this point in time to fully distribute various mod scripts that help the functionality of each mod individually, and these must be written by the mod developers themselves. For instance, the scripts that pilot webchat in MBP and Fubar are drastically different to fit the needs of each mod individually, but they both use the same connection scripts and protocols to send and receive data to and from the webserver and database(s).

~Aayrl
The following user(s) said Thank You: MatthieuParizeau

• MatthieuParizeau
  • MatthieuParizeau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
13 Jan 2014 21:29 #4
Thanks for the info. :)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.760 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.