question-circle Custom Camera Movement

• LegoCreator768
  • LegoCreator768's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
21 Apr 2015 00:27 #1
I was wondering if you could make a View Level button, for using the Observer like in the LE, where you can fly, but with this version you can't place your marble and you press esc to toggle it. I was also wondering if you could have a zoom control (the scroll wheel) and get closer or farther away from your marble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
21 Apr 2015 20:30 #2
Your first idea could be done by just modifying/disabling some of the camera code. While it is theoretically possible to have a second camera similar to the Observer (ask HiGuy, he's played with this a bit), this is impractical in the end due to the fact that it's deprecated, weird code. I would recommend just using the Observer camera but changing the controls.

As far as zoom control, are you now referring to the normal camera? Check the DefaultMarble.cameraDistance, cameraMinDist, and cameraMaxDist fields. I don't recall if MBG's input has mouse wheel support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.