file How do I mod MBG

• LordoftheMarbles
  • LordoftheMarbles's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
10 May 2017 02:03 #1
Hello. I am just wondering how to mod MBG. I am thinking of making kind of a mod, but it's kinda more of a remastering and restoration of the original game. I want to know:

A: How do I re-assign a difficulty and order to a level (as in, how would I change "Leap of Faith" from the 4th advanced level to maybe the 2nd Intermediate Level)?

B: How do I change the name of the game both in the files and on the title screen

C: How do I remove a level from the game? (I think "Tornado Alley" is far too easy for the intermediate levels and rendered obsolete for the beginner levels by the harder "Tornado Bowl", and there are some levels which I see as just clones of each other)

D: How do I change the name of a difficulty group of levels ("Intermediate" to "Progressing")

E: How do I change the soundtrack and sound effects?

If my questions could be answered so I could start work on this restoration if I wanted to, that would be nice. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
10 May 2017 02:49 #2
I can answer a few of these:

A. You can move the mission file from marble/data/missions/advanced to marble/data/missions/intermediate to change its difficulty. To change the ordering, open the mission file and look for MissionInfo. Change the "level" field from 4 to 2 and it should move the level. Note that if two missions have the same level number the sorting may not be in the order you want.

C. Likewise with A, just delete the mission file. It should just disappear.

D. Best bet for this is to change the image of the tab. Note there isn't any image sources, so you'll have to photoshop something together.

E. Look in marble/data/sound

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
10 May 2017 03:19 - 10 May 2017 03:26 #3

LordoftheMarbles wrote: A: How do I re-assign a difficulty and order to a level (as in, how would I change "Leap of Faith" from the 4th advanced level to maybe the 2nd Intermediate Level)?

Go into which ever mission you want to reassign the difficulty and order of using the level editor. From there, click on Window in the top left, followed by World Editor Creator (You can simply press F4 if you're lazy like everyone else). After that, go to the top right and click on the plus symbol next to Mission Group - Sim Group. To open the level settings, click on Mission Info - Script Object. Go back to Window in the top left and click on World Editor Inspector. You should have something on the right of your screen that looks like this.

You'll see that there are two fields on the bottom that are designed specifically for the level's difficulty and placement in its difficulty. To set the difficulty, change the text in the box next to type to one of four things: "beginner", "intermediate", "advanced", or "custom". (Without the quotes.) To set the placement of the level, change the text in the box next to level to any number. Make sure you move the mission files and their image files into their respected categories.

LordoftheMarbles wrote: How do I change the name of the game both in the files and on the title screen

I don't really understand what you mean by either of these terms. My best guess for "title screen" is this. If that's what you're talking about, I am sorry to say that that's not just text. It's actually a texture, or an image in a more simpler term, that you have to redesign entirely if you want to have it say something different. That image is called title.jpg, and it's stored in marble/client/ui.

LordoftheMarbles wrote: How do I remove a level from the game? (I think "Tornado Alley" is far too easy for the intermediate levels and rendered obsolete for the beginner levels by the harder "Tornado Bowl", and there are some levels which I see as just clones of each other)

Simply delete the .mis (mission file) and .jpg/png file that goes along with whichever level you want to remove. Mission files and their image files are stored in marble/data/missions followed by their respective category.

LordoftheMarbles wrote: How do I change the name of a difficulty group of levels ("Intermediate" to "Progressing")

I'm honestly not sure about this. My best guess is that it's the same situation as your second question.

LordoftheMarbles wrote: How do I change the soundtrack and sound effects?

All of the sound files, including the music files, are stored in marble/data/sound, and note that sounds are .wav files and songs are .ogg files. To replace sound effects, make a custom sound and name it the same thing as the file of the sound you want to replace. For example, if you make a custom sound for the noise you get when you collect a gem, you would name it "gotGem.wav" and replace the old/default sound.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 10 May 2017 03:26 by Nockess. Reason: Higoo ninja'd me so I'm stealing some of his wording.

• LordoftheMarbles
  • LordoftheMarbles's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
10 May 2017 22:14 #4
Another thing crucial to the remastering process:

How do I change the Sound effects (I want them to be similar to those in Marble Blast Ultra)

How do I modify the Textures?

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
10 May 2017 23:36 - 10 May 2017 23:39 #5

LordoftheMarbles wrote: How do I change the Sound effects (I want them to be similar to those in Marble Blast Ultra)

Check marble/data/sound for the sound effects, you can replace the wav files with others

LordoftheMarbles wrote: How do I modify the Textures?

Check marble/data/interiors, marble/data/shapes, and marble/data/skies, you can change the textures

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 10 May 2017 23:39 by HiGuy.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.905 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.