Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin PlatinumQuest Feedback/Praise Thread

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
21 Jul 2017 02:47 #31
I have a couple suggestions. They're pretty small, but there's nothing wrong with mentioning them.

Changing Music Settings
Arguably my biggest complaint. Please give me the ability to change what music plays on the title and leaderboards screen because I am beyond sick of listening to Pianoforte and Comforting Mystery.

MBP and MBU Sound Packs.
You added an MBG one, so you might as well add the other two. Besides, everyone misses hearing SPEED BOOSTAIR.

More Custom Levels
50-59 WHERe

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Evokrypt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
21 Jul 2017 05:34 #32

Rosie wrote: Changing Music Settings

MBPprefs.cs. SongsLB and SongsMenu is what you want to change. Unknown how/if we would implement this into an actual options menu.

Rosie wrote: MBP and MBU Sound Packs.

MBP could see happening if enough people actually want it, MBU... not happening, don't want to take assets from the MBU standalone

Rosie wrote: 50-59 WHERe

Yell at hPerks more

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• Thank you received: 31
21 Jul 2017 06:27 #33
I'm not familiar with why MBU assets can't be used. What about the levels, graphics, and music?

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
31 Jul 2017 22:16 #34
I'd have to say that the unlock requirement for Camera Woes where you have to find the Nest Egg on Side-Stroller is quite extremely difficult just to unlock what that level seems to be a very simple one. I would like the unlock requirement to either be "find 5 Nest Eggs" or "beat the Ultimate Time on Side-Stroller".

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, PacPlayer, Gravity

• Thank you received: 0
14 Sep 2017 05:09 #35
Thank you so much for this mod. No, really, I can't thank you enough. Finally being able to play PlatinumQuest after seeing it announced so long ago brings me back to my childhood when I spent countless hours playing Gold & Platinum. Really brings me back and gives me some good vibes :)

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
14 Sep 2017 21:43 #36
Here's some advice I found :

-Give us the ability to change the spawn / gem / finish, etc... melodies, because playing with "13 Bonus 3" as music and hearing the E spawn instead of the G spawn feels a bit strange, besides, the C_sharp melodies are never used, as well as the B spawn so it'd be a total waste not to use them.

-Use one sound for the mine, one sound for the nuke. In Crash Bandicoot games, do you hear the same sound when you pop a TNT crate and when you pop a Nitro crate? NOPE.

-Fix the gem sounds not playing in Hunt/Gem Madness mode, as well as the PQ tornado sound. It makes me feel like I messed up my sound pack.

-Allow the possibility of using ambient sounds. I talked to HiGuy about it before, and it could definitely be more interesting if we use ambient sounds in our custom levels (forest ambiance, sea waves, wind howling, boiling lava, mechanisms, the list goes on just like a dog's tongue).

-There's rain and snow in Fubar. Why not in PQ?

-Fix the Mega Marble sounds. Including mega_roll.wav.

Rosie wrote: More Custom Levels
50-59 WHERe

We all are responsible of this, Rosie. Not only hPerks, since he's gonna create something worse than Chasetrack.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Weather

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
14 Sep 2017 22:40 #37

Ralph wrote: -There's rain and snow in Fubar. Why not in PQ?

I'll just address this one.

There was a point where I was thinking about adding such emitters to some of my levels, but I realized that, due to the new way the game loads levels compared to MBG/MBF/literally every other mod, it wouldn't be possible without the emitter particles carrying over into other levels for a couple seconds. The only solution to this would be to place every single level at wildly varying Z heights, which would be... incredibly hacky, to say the least.

This is also why you can see PhysMod particles between levels if you have Animated Previews turned on.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
30 Sep 2017 13:08 #38
I think it's kind of cool when particles carry over from other levels like that.

May as well make some more complaints on top of my original ones. :​p
- Blue and platinum gems don't show up on the radar unless you're close to them in multiplayer.
- Gem beams and GUI blur are very laggy. Could you please make settings for turning them off? :3
- Sometimes powerup or gem sounds don't work in multiplayer.
- The marble sounds (rolling, sliding and bouncing) are still the MBP versions in multiplayer even if you're using the MBG audio pack.
- The keyboard shortcuts for changing where an object spawns were removed in the level editor.
- The message that appears when you change $testCheats is a lie. :^)
- Custom levels are ordered alphabetically now instead of by MissionInfo.level.
- The unsorted custom levels list includes the sorted levels.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 Sep 2017 17:29 - 30 Sep 2017 17:29 #39

Weather wrote: - Blue and platinum gems don't show up on the radar unless you're close to them in multiplayer.

On the issues list, I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Weather wrote: - Gem beams and GUI blur are very laggy. Could you please make settings for turning them off? :3

Turn off Post Processing. Or set $pref::Video::BlurPasses to 0

Weather wrote: - Sometimes powerup or gem sounds don't work in multiplayer.

Also on the issue list, not really sure why this happens

Weather wrote: - The marble sounds (rolling, sliding and bouncing) are still the MBP versions in multiplayer even if you're using the MBG audio pack.

Has something to do with mp servers ghosting the audio files and server authority. Not sure how much we can do about this.

Weather wrote: - The keyboard shortcuts for changing where an object spawns were removed in the level editor.

Removed these because it seemed like no one used them. Apparently people do. Might as well re-add them in an upcoming update.

Weather wrote: - The message that appears when you change $testCheats is a lie. :^)

Technically that message isn't a predicate.

Weather wrote: - Custom levels are ordered alphabetically now instead of by MissionInfo.level.

Intentional, makes finding the one you want way better. And maybe now people won't set level=99999999999999

Weather wrote: - The unsorted custom levels list includes the sorted levels.

Todo: fix the custom level categories.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 30 Sep 2017 17:29 by HiGuy. Reason: spacing
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.946 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.