Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

map-pin Multiplayer Levels - Change Thread

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
26 Aug 2017 16:14 - 26 Aug 2017 16:25 #1
Hey guys,

Many of you have complained about the Multiplayer levels, where some of them should no longer be offered as official, rather as custom. We have had Nukesweeper Revisited removed in the past, and now we'll go further.
Rather than limit the list to just the MBG/P/PQ levels, I'm also adding in the MBU levels to the mix, meaning that you can choose up to 60 levels, and no level can be or will be spared.

As we had plenty of discussions and walls of text, this thread is therefore for none of these. Do NOT post your level choices or why you think X level should be removed. Any posts doing so will be deleted.

The idea is to trim down the level list to the levels the community like the most.
However please note that PlatinumQuest levels will go a further change: Platinum Gems will be fully removed and a good number of gem spawns/powerups may change for every level, meaning a complete re-balance.
If you think other levels should also have that, then you can throw it out there as well.

So how will this happen?

I created a Google form to give you a choice to submit which levels you want to remain as-is, changed or removed. You have until the end of September to make any choice you want and submit it. Anything from October onwards is not accepted.
Why end of September? Well I'm on holidays for almost the entire month :D

How are the results decided? A combination of not only the feedback form, but the multiplayer level rating itself.
As you know, after every match there are 3 buttons for the multiplayer level. You can Dislike, be Neutral or Like the level. This allows us to keep track of which levels are liked/disliked the most.

To make a decision on this matter, I will be looking at both the results of the form as well as the level votes cast in-game.
Remember that you can ask for a level to be changed rather than removed!

Link to the Google Form: goo.gl/forms/u34doja3hssPq2MG2

Thanks,
Matan

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2017 16:25 by IsraeliRD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, Regislian, Frostfire, Tue27, NF, MBCollector672, hPerks, Connie, Evokrypt, Xedron, Yoshicraft224, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Aug 2017 18:29 #2
A good number of people responded, but more needed! If you have 5 minutes, it will be awesome to have you respond! Bug others to do this too :P

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
29 Aug 2017 08:27 #3
What do i do If i haven't played even half of the maps. There doesn't seem to neutral option on form.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
29 Aug 2017 16:36 #4
You don't have to reply to every single level, so any level you have no opinion of just leave blank.

• Thank you received: 31
05 Sep 2017 16:22 #5
I... Well, I have my reservations about this. Sure it's nice, but you yourself said it'd be better to add to the map pool instead. What changed? I think there's a lot of maps that still deserve to at least be in a playable state without sifting through several customs. Also I'm worried that there will be a 'version 2' of this issue where maps are designed around the mechanics rather than the other way around. All I can say is I hope this turns out well, but I think this is really not a good step 1 of planning.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
22 Sep 2017 15:46 #6
We're down to 9 days before the poll closes!!

If you haven't done so yet, you should vote. Remember you do NOT have to pick an answer for every level. You can just do 1, or 6, or 13 or however many you want and submit!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
01 Oct 2017 19:07 #7
I want to thank all those who voted, we had a pretty good deal of users input their opinions and it reflects from levels that are widely unpopular, to those that are universally loved.

There are a few levels that are on the edge, and they are currently being discussed. I will keep you posted soon :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph, eNetro, CylinderKnot

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
03 Oct 2017 19:50 #8
Hey guys!

After discussion with HiGuy and the staff, I have results for the poll!

We checked the in-game feedback as well, and most of the above levels also appeared as levels that were generally more disliked, which helped us decide on certain levels towards the change/remove.

As you can see, we were questioning three levels to not be removed and instead be changed.
We wanted to hear people's opinions on what can be done to make these levels better.
If we can't get something we're happy with, we will remove Blender: Chop and Eye of the Storm, while putting Par Pit on the Changed levels list because there's twice as many votes in support for it than have it removed.

If you have further suggestions on what to change on levels listed under changed, please let us know.

Thanks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, hPerks, CylinderKnot

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
03 Oct 2017 20:18 #9
awesome!! i'd make exoplanet, hunting around & MAC all blueless (and platless).

i like all the removals except for EOTS (rip) but most people hate eots so can't argue that really - making the top blue into a red or yellow might fix it for the most part though. Blender chop i'd love to see get chopped, even without the high-point gems it's still a pingy luck-based disaster lol

glad to see stuff happening here!

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
03 Oct 2017 21:34 #10
WOO HOO!

Ramp Matrix: I'm glad to see this disaster go.
Ramps Reloaded: It's too cramped.
King of the Ring: I'm indifferent about this one. The center blue is annoying because it disrupts the flow of the level.
Eye of the Storm: If this isn't removed completely, I'd replace the blue with a yellow or an Ultra Blast.
Blender: Chop: This level would be better if it lacked blues and platinums. Fade platforms need to be user-triggered only.
Ring: It's sad to see this awesome level go. If it stays in Custom, remove the possibility of triple and quadruple blues. I never really liked green- and yellow-ring spawns.
Par Pit: I'd love to see this disaster removed. If it's not removed completely, add a HECK TON MORE SUPER JUMPS AND ULTRA BLASTS.
Triple Decker: Make the top a HECK TON LESS OVERPOWERED. I'd say only reds with the occasional yellow on top.
Exoplanet: I'd be fine if this had no blues.
Basic Agility Course: Currently, it should be called Blues Agility Course. Nerf the blues into the ground!
Gravity Tower: Reds and yellows only with the rare blue, please.
Hunting Around: Redo spawns, but I don't know how.
Sacred: Nerf the double blue and the room spawns. Those little pockets behind the chambers are annoying, and there are not enough powerups throughout.
Lupus: Nerf the top section and redo the powerups.
Marble Agility Course: I'd say get rid of the blues since the level is too small.

Fault Line: @Rosie

Signature

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
26 Oct 2017 13:47 - 26 Oct 2017 13:47 #11
A quick FYI, if you guys haven't tried yet, All Angles, PQ SBR, Marbleland and Gems Ahoy were re-done for Halloween, and gems spawns seem pretty good to me. If you guys can try it out and let me know what you think, it will a good direction for the rest.

Last edit: 26 Oct 2017 13:47 by IsraeliRD.

• Thank you received: 405
26 Oct 2017 22:16 #12
Are platinum gems nonexistent now?

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
26 Oct 2017 22:47 #13

IsraeliRD wrote: A quick FYI, if you guys haven't tried yet, All Angles, PQ SBR, Marbleland and Gems Ahoy were re-done for Halloween, and gems spawns seem pretty good to me. If you guys can try it out and let me know what you think, it will a good direction for the rest.

They seem great from what I've experienced. I'd be able to get a better feel for the spawns if I could actually see the level since it's so dark.

Signature

• Thank you received: 20
03 Nov 2017 17:10 #14
I've considered making a map called Advanced Agility Course that would be in the same general style as BAC but larger and more spread out, like a typical multiplayer map. And with fewer blues per capita of course.

I think Eye of the Storm is worth keeping around, but I do't think it needs any gems on the top or the rim at all. Just keep it contained to the bowl. Maybe lower the game time to 3 minutes to compensate.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
12 Jun 2018 16:56 #15
So for the one person who may or may not care about this, I just pushed through the remaining stuff. All PQ levels are done, and were imported to Co-Op as well. As Summer and Winter doesn't have a MP version, nothing was done for it on Co-Op.

Several non-PQ levels were also done per the massive request from people. I'm pretty happy with the result, so you guys should have some more fun time to play on these levels.

Hope you guys enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.070 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.