Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file Weekly map discussion 3#: Assembly line

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
05 Sep 2017 07:04 - 05 Sep 2017 07:04 #1

RDs.The-dts-guy wrote: weekly map discussion or it can be better described as review. Every week I will be picking random map from PQ's map pool (excluding bonus and tutorial categories for now, custom levels may happen depending on how this goes), here you can share any opinions, share positive things you liked about the map or just point out pros and cons and express all the anger you have to the person who made the map :side:

Continuing spirit of short levels 3rd map of the week: Assembly Line

Author: Pablo Vasquez
Category: Intermediate
Level: 23
Desc:"Save the Gems from the furnace of this hellish factory."
In the old Standalone build of PlatinumQuest, this level was the final expert level (no level order was assigned). The level was also supposed to be quota, requiring 6 Gems to beat..

Praise it or destroy it, it's up to you now! :)

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 05 Sep 2017 07:04 by RDs.The-dts-guy. Reason: Buzzmusic eh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 198
05 Sep 2017 09:51 #2
Scenery is okay because it's just the same interiors copied and pasted. I would like it more if it had like pump stations or hoppers or something like that.

This level is HELL to speedrun though because of the moving obstacles. It just seem so random to me but in actuality it's not. Plus it has the high friction texture as the floor, so that adds to the difficulty.

I'll give it a 6/10 (average).

lee is awesome

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
05 Sep 2017 11:32 - 05 Sep 2017 11:56 #3
Finally, a level that I can absolutely flame!

This level was originally Quota, requiring 6 gems to beat. It should have stayed that way or have been raised to 7 because of that stupid last gem! There are obstacles everywhere, and they seem to be thrown onto the level like a shotgun blast. The result is a cluttered mess that looks ugly and is not fun to play at all. I also dislike how the same interior was copy-pasted, which shows that this was rushed through the assembly line.

OH WAIT, THIS IS A PABLO LEVEL.

We still have worse levels out there...
I rate this a 1/5.

Signature
Last edit: 05 Sep 2017 11:56 by CylinderKnot.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
05 Sep 2017 11:47 - 05 Sep 2017 12:22 #4
I personally like this level in odd way, I love how original and beautifull it is and scenery is fine too, however I did expected some movement in some of those static assembly lines. I have played it when It was quota and I have to admit it was a lot better that way, the last gem felt like fun challenge instead of frustrating chore. Now the fact that you know that theres no room for error just adds to the frustration of getting the last gem. Dodging the boulders also feels like some random hazard course since the pins are so high up that you can't see when they will drop.

Owerall I'm still pretty positive about this level, I liked to run arround it from casual perspective and trying out different paths
Weak 8/10 from me.

Some more stuff from discord in case someone forgets to post it

RD - it's one of those levels that the more runs you do it gets more fun
and in the end it's actually pretty easy level once you learn couple of boulders
the first impression of level is great, but learning part feels punishing and the further you play the more interesting it gets

HP - yeah it's just that you have to memorize what you do, there's no effective strategy in it
a superhuman player could look at all the blockers right away and time them perfectly, but as it is it just relies on either luck or memory

RD - also am I the only one who though that you will have to jump down to assembly lines below?
HP - yeah that's another thing i said, scenery is so detailed and extravagant that the gameplay is underwhelming by comparison

Kurt - i TOLD em to SCRAP the gems that were SIDE BY SIDE
there should be a button on assembly line to stop the conveyer belt because the gems are already assembled to begin with so its a waste of power

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 05 Sep 2017 12:22 by RDs.The-dts-guy.

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
06 Sep 2017 00:11 #5
Short review: No.

Longer review: This level sucks.
The gems move too fast and the par time is EXTREMELY constricting. I still think I beat this level by a fluke.

I mean I think Pablo is a good guy but his levels can get ridiculous.

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
06 Sep 2017 03:18 #6
I'm never a fan of levels with unpredictable obstacles, this being one of them. I do think the concept is neat and its probably the best-looking level by Pablo in PQ. The idea of getting the gems before they disappear behind the wall at the back is very clever. Overall I think the design/idea or concepts are really nice but gameplay lacks a little bit.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
06 Sep 2017 14:09 #7
I'm a huge fan of this level as the scenery/theme of this level look absolutely fitting for this challenge. The moving obstacles challenge your reflexes on getting the gems and avoiding those obstacles.

I rate this level 10/10.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
07 Sep 2017 20:50 #8
Assembly Line : 3/10

Despite the fact that I always loved Pablo's levels, I used to deeply hate Assembly Line the first time I played it.

The reasons are multiple : in the trivia, they say this level's mode was Gem Quota, and I think it should have been stayed that way, because, and here's the second reason, that would avoid players to chase after that last gem always busting out while the time is almost up!

Last reason : the pistons' fastness. They are way too fast and frustrating to anticipate.
Even if sometimes, my timing is really bad, getting always trapped between those stupid pistons (often while the clock is ringing) makes me wanna smash my keyboard just like the Angry German Kid.

The only 2 good points of the level are the original concept, and of course, the design/scenery being pretty neat.

To conclude, I'm not saying this level is good to throw in the water closets, but this level is probably the definition of frustration and annoyance. Everything is against you, even the gems! This is one of the least levels I like playing in PQ. Sorry, Pablo, but Megalopolis was a lot better than this mess.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.060 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.