Marble Blast Platinum Support

We encourage you first of all to find solutions to your problem in this section's threads. If you do not thus find any solution, please take account of the following:

If you have a problem which prevents you from playing Marble Blast Platinum, please create a new thread on this board with a description of your problem as title. In your post please indicate the computer involved (Mac/PC, operating system).

If in playing Marble Blast Platinum you discover a bug, please post in the Community found Bugs/Mistakes sub-board.

If you need hints for the Marble Blast Platinum game, please post in the Hints, Videos and other Tips sub-board.

file Weekly map discussion 6#: Lost Islands

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
26 Sep 2017 16:02 #1

RDs.The-dts-guy wrote: weekly map discussion or it can be better described as review. Every week I will be picking random map from PQ's map pool (excluding bonus and tutorial categories for now, custom levels may happen depending on how this goes), here you can share any opinions, share positive things you liked about the map or just point out pros and cons and express all the anger you have to the person who made the map :side:

6th map of the week: Lost Islands

Category: advanced
Level: 19
Desc:"Explore the distant variety of islands."
Originally level was made to be played in 3D mode but It was changed to 2D mid development.

glhf!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • RDs.The-dts-guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
26 Sep 2017 16:07 - 26 Sep 2017 16:25 #2
Negative things: The crane thingy majingy in 1 to last section has horrible clipping issues with camera.

Positive: I just love this level, it's one of best 2D Levels of PQ and is fun and exciting stroll, you can go fast and you can go slow but the level always feels fun.
I especially enjoyed that even for 2d mode you where allways aware of what was going on. The scenery is just amazing and it almost asked for those rocks in background to move and rotate for that extra realism :)
It was really nice to see how just small 2 islands in 3D mode turned into a really nice level in 2D. Amazing job as always Uil =D

EDIT: 9/10

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
Last edit: 26 Sep 2017 16:25 by RDs.The-dts-guy.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
26 Sep 2017 16:13 #3
This is one of my personal favorite levels (and probably my favorite 2D level) in PQ. The scenery looks really nice (typical Uil) and the majority of the level plays very well.
My only complaint is the small loop before the cannon which was really confusing at first, but it's not that annoying once you know what you're doing.

Great level. 9/10

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
26 Sep 2017 16:42 #4
An excellent 2D level and one of my favorites! The background music is well suited. The most frustrating things on this level is the part with the fading levels and slopes that you climb on to get the gem. Even though I went out of bounds multiple times on that part, I managed to beat the Ultimate Time. The other part is the construction part as I had a hard time staying on the elevator as going up the small ramp. The gravity ring seem to be kinda annoying when I comes to controlling the Marble. Overall I rate this level 9/10

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
26 Sep 2017 21:17 #5
Surprisingly enough, I suspected that this would be on one of the first map discussions.

Lost Islands has clever shortcuts, such as the edge-hit to the construction area. The ring's gravity seems awkward, and the elevator has horrible camera issues, but the gameplay and flow is great.

I'd say 4/5.

Signature

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
27 Sep 2017 18:41 - 27 Sep 2017 18:44 #6
(No more big header, too lazy to do it)

Lost Islands : 8/10

This is a fairly fine level, I like the ambiance of it, but one point taken away because of this gravitational misunderstanding at the beginning of the level (call this a partial disorientation), and another point taken away for the camera going nuts at the crane section.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Last edit: 27 Sep 2017 18:44 by Ralph.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.802 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.