lock Marble Blast Fubar BETA [OPEN BETA]

• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
24 May 2011 05:43 #451
THIS LOOKS AMAZING... and you know I don't say such things lightly.
The topic has been locked.
  • randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
24 May 2011 06:39 #452
I was looking at the features page, and when I got to the bottom and saw how much space it needed I was like gragraghigraghgrag.
  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
24 May 2011 07:19 #453
EPIC! Damn i cant wait till MBF will be released. And in wid looks like you reached all limits of MBMap2Dif. I gues this mod will bring our comunity back to life.
*Thinks Matan and Pablo is geting jealous*

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
  • Thank you received: 96
24 May 2011 07:32 #454
Awesome mate, bloody awesome
  • Thank you received: 10
24 May 2011 09:55 #455
Well, I am concerned that these realistic style levels may be less fun than normal style MB…

Anyway, it looks freaking awesome, especially considering the limitations you have.
  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
24 May 2011 11:52 #456
May 24, 2011, 2:55am, helpme wrote:Well, I am concerned that these realistic style levels may be less fun than normal style MB�

Actualy i disagree with you. Realistic stile levels look more interestig. I sometimes hate when some platforms in MB levels are hanging in the air without any support or realistic scenery(Im not talking about MBP's poles). I would like to see realistic things mixed with normal MB levels. In kotm there is mixed realistic mountain with MB level witch looks pretty awsome. btw almost all MB mods that i have seen has that traditional desing levels without any scenery or realistic detail at all witch makes MB booring. So at my opinion MBF has came up with something new.

-RDs.empire

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
  • Thank you received: 15
24 May 2011 12:59 #457
*goes to MBF site*
*comes back drooling and staring*
It's awesome! I like the particle effects as one of my favorites.

Edit: Just saw vid... I'm in shock!

I can see what took so long, are you working on it almost non-stop??
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
24 May 2011 13:04 #458
Hrm..DedalusTech is loading oddly slow. We're looking into this issue right now. For those of you who were having troubles accessing the Features page, it should be working now (Though it takes 5-10 seconds to load). It may be the sudden burst of internet traffic as a result of the new teaser.

~Aayrl
  • Thank you received: 18
24 May 2011 13:39 #459
Scenery looks great. I'm not sure how well the marble attributes sliders will work out; PQ considered and rejected that idea. I love how mods are now competing to release the best updates.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
24 May 2011 15:49 #460
There is a huge problem to consider, RDs.Empire
Presentation vs Gameplay

MBFubar looks amazing on presentation, but so do levels from Pablo and no doubt he's the best around on presentation (if he had MBFubar tools he'd go extra awesome) with whatever tools he has. The problem is that (and stressed out) in PQ we're also heavy on gameplay and then fun/frustration. From the older levels I got to play (or the other sneak peeks from MBFubar), I have grounds to fear that you'll get frustrating during some of the levels, find them too hard or just not fun. It ruins the experience.

I understand the whole problem about hanging platforms in mid-air, I agree about it, but there's also a point where you need to decide there's just too much scenery and nothing else. With MBF, I fear the awesome factor is limited to scenery. Let's hope for otherwise, though.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Thank you received: 25
24 May 2011 22:05 #461
Wow. Great teaser.

The presentation is amazing in this mod. The particles, the textures, and weather, and others. It was totally worth four years to make this mod, but I have one problem.

Like matan said, I fear the awesome factor is limited to scenery, people may just like this mod just because of the amazing presentation. Yes, it LOOKS amazing, but are the levels good? I hope so.

Well, keep up the good work.
  • MadMarioSkills
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
24 May 2011 23:27 #462
Like the others, I'm a bit concerned if the only thing that makes MBF stand out is having awesome scenery. Maybe I'll just be too busy looking at scenery to actually play.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
25 May 2011 00:52 #463
nice update. I do, myself, have to agree with the others, so i guess time will be our remedy for now.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
25 May 2011 02:30 #464
Well it seems the only way to know is for a demo to release... Aayrl (and I've already said this to another mod), you NEED to release some sort of demo! Not like a fully-blown demo with everything, but maybe just one showing new GUI and like 5 or 10 levels... I'm sure that MBF is at a stage where its ready for a demo of some sort

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
25 May 2011 02:56 #465
As I said earlier, we're still working out major mechanics to several levels in the game that I'd like to have finished before any type of a Demo is released publicly.

We're planning on releasing several development recordings later this month with emphasis on level design and marble mechanics. I can personally assure you the level difficulty matches the awesomeness of the scenery. You'll just have to keep watching the DedalusTech website to see.

~Aayrl
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
25 May 2011 03:01 #466
awesome news aaryl, keep bringing the updates on!

Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Thank you received: 25
25 May 2011 03:15 #467
awesome news.
25 May 2011 03:47 #468
Didn't you kind of have a demo already?
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
25 May 2011 05:14 #469
May 24, 2011, 8:47pm, pablovasquez wrote:Didn't you kind of have a demo already?

An Alpha-Stage demo.

~Aayrl
  • Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
25 May 2011 06:14 #470
May 24, 2011, 7:56pm, aayrl wrote:I can personally assure you the level difficulty matches the awesomeness of the scenery.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make me excited. I don't want to play a mod that boasts about having extremely difficult levels (one of the reasons I never played MBA). Your scenery means nothing if the game itself is not fun.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested
  • RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
25 May 2011 06:51 #471
he same thing starts over and over again.
As for update cant wait for demo release.

• Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
25 May 2011 11:56 #472
Don't rush Aaryl. If you do, you might not be as awed by the results.
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
25 May 2011 12:56 #473
May 24, 2011, 11:14pm, marblefire wrote:
May 24, 2011, 7:56pm, aayrl wrote:I can personally assure you the level difficulty matches the awesomeness of the scenery.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make me excited. I don't want to play a mod that boasts about having extremely difficult levels (one of the reasons I never played MBA). Your scenery means nothing if the game itself is not fun.

As Matan stated earlier, certain players will be looking for new and difficult levels. I'm targeting the professional audience by saying 'Yes, there are difficult levels in Marble Blast Fubar.' Does that mean every level is going to be extremely difficult? Absolutely not. As I said, Professional Levels are designed to be 'unbeatable'. These are levels for the absolute best marble-blasters.

If you do not like the idea of a new and challenging level, then there are still at least 80 other levels you can easily encounter from Tutorial through Advanced which should be on-par with the Marble Blast Gold level difficulty scale.

~Aayrl
25 May 2011 18:54 #474
We still need tutorials for the new features.
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
25 May 2011 22:19 #475
If you find the idea of Tutorial Levels boring, then don't play them, and stop trolling my thread.

~Aayrl
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
26 May 2011 02:20 #476
There are some people who are bad at playing Marble Blast, so I think it is a good idea for newbies to feel like they accomplished something, as well as for the possibly new features as Pablo said.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
26 May 2011 04:55 #477
Beginner/Tutorial? all in for it. But keep it to the minimum!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
26 May 2011 21:04 #478
May 26, 2011, 9:45am, horus wrote:
May 25, 2011, 3:19pm, aayrl wrote:If you find the idea of Tutorial Levels boring, then don't play them, and stop trolling my thread.

~Aayrl

Sorry. D:

Alphanumeric, I want to point out to you that most of your posts are rediculous and unhelpful. Are you like trying to seiously ask for MORE warning?

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
26 May 2011 23:25 #479
May 26, 2011, 2:04pm, jeff wrote:
May 26, 2011, 9:45am, horus wrote:

Sorry. D:

Alphanumeric, I want to point out to you that most of your posts are rediculous and unhelpful. Are you like trying to seiously ask for MORE warning?
*facepalm*

Anyway..... I cannot wait another second, but I have to... I just think this will be so awesome! Again... don't rush, though.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
  • Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
26 May 2011 23:44 #480
I could just stare at MBF scenery all day! I hope the levels are as awesome as they look!

~ Tech Warrior

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.244 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.