file New mod idea

• LegoCreator768
  • LegoCreator768's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
28 Apr 2013 04:13 #1
I think I should make a marble blast mini mod.

LEVELS

Beginner: 10
Intermediate: 12
Advanced: 7

EDIT: I think I'd like to make custom levels instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
28 Apr 2013 04:37 #2
Umm...ok?

This thread is entitled new mod idea, but there's no ideas listed here, dude. All you've done is throw around some random numbers. If you consider that to be planning, then you should see what the staff of PQ have been doing for the last few years. No one's going to get excited about this, as you haven't given any indication as to what your mod will be like - your ideas for original powerups, skies, scenery, for example. You don't even have a name! You need some overall concept in mind for your mod - something that will make it stand out from the rest of the mods out there. And I'm not seeing that at all.

If you really want to do a mod, then there's some stickied threads in this board that I recommend you read as soon as possible. They contain tons more advice than I could ever hope to give. I would suggest, however, that you forego the whole mod idea for now and to get your hands dirty with making custom levels. It's not hard to learn how to make them - look in the Level Building board for tutorials.

• Thank you received: 10
28 Apr 2013 07:16 #3
Apr 27, 2013, 9:13pm, legocreator768 wrote:I think I should make a marble blast mini mod.

I think you shouldn't.

If you want to make levels go ahead, no need to make yourself feel important by calling it a mod (or mini mod).

• Thank you received: 57
28 Apr 2013 07:56 #4
If you want to make levels, then make levels.

At this point there is no reason to actually make a mod unless you have some crazy team that can make top notch textures/levels/sounds/codes. And I doubt you have that.

• LegoCreator768
  • LegoCreator768's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
28 Apr 2013 15:28 #5
Thanks!

I'll make custom levels instead of this mod.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
28 Apr 2013 16:30 #6
Hey everyone here is just being supportive as they (as well as myself) have seen mods die off and never end up getting completed where you waste time for nothing (myself included, look at mbopal, project revolution......). Learn how to make custom levels, and keep it up. Maybe when its time for PQ to come out, you'll be an expert level maker to the point that everyone will wanna download every level that you have made. =)

And oh, I see that you are new around here. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

~Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.